• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 533 Views, 7 Comments

Changing the world for you - Doukzor



I`m so alone, Tia. I want to do something, change the world in some way.

  • ...
 7
 533

your wish is greed

A large tree with spiral designs comes into view as Luna comes close to the den.

Near the tree stands a large mossy entrance, covered in vines and writing of another language. I sigh as I land on the soft grass.

A light breeze blows through the area, carrying the sweet smell of honey and... Cinnamon?

I shrug it off as one of Zecora`s new soups carrying out here.

As I walk into the entrance, the honey smell is replaced with literal death, and the other with a metallic scent.

Blood.

I shiver as I continue, and in what little light I have from a hole in the top of the chamber, I can see there are dead bodies everywhere. My hooves splash in blood, staining my fur. And a few skeletons lay around. In one corner of the lighted areas, I swear I can see a familiar magician`s hat, with dangling bells around the base of it...

I breathe away the illusion, and continue.

Of course it doesn`t take long now. I grow near a large cliff, like one from a canyon, surrounded as if it were a peninsula with an abyss to replace the water. I continue on to it, stopping at a small pedestal.

"L-Legend Waker? I come in wish of-" I studder, until stopped by a resonating growl from the abyss below me.

I make a large gulp sound.

"Who disturbs my slumber..." The deep voice almost slithers into my head, rather than around my ears, though still echoing in the cavern.

"I-It is the princess, of the night, sir" I face-hoof. What good am I if I can`t talk straight?!

"I... See" The voice seems closer, come near the light. I`ll be able to see what this all mighty creature looks like soon.

"Yes. I... I come looking for advice, or a m-miracle", I stop from speaking as I begin to see two red glowing eyes coming up from the abyss.

Wait, make that three eyes, or four. Yeah, four.

"What, Luna..." It knows my name, "do you wish for?". It`s closer...

I whimper.

The head of the creature finally reaches the light. I gasp in horror.

-----------------------------------------------------------

-The THING, or dragon, had been decaying alive.

It`s scales were jet black, well except the grey rotting remains of it, and it had two ram horns on each side of it`s head that reversed into it, almost literally. It`s jaw was- twisted. The bottom hung on partially side-ways like a beat up animatronic.

The rest of the body appeared, his claws were terribly long and curved to unknown angles. They were also a rotten green/tan.

His top back was in pretty good shape, having LONG spikes come out, curved and angled, black with a few stains of crimson.

The tail. It had more spikes on it, all cluttered together, with more blood, and yet the tip of the tail seemed to bath in the color of red.

It was shaped like a large scythe, large enough to take down a whole house, it seemed.

And lastly there was the wings. They stretched out at least 70 feet each, and were decayed beyond flight. Yet Legend, he was flying.

The claws at the bend of the wing curved like the feet.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Admiring me?" the dragon asked as it flew in front of me.

"O-Of course! Your very-" I`m interrupted.

"I know that`s a lie. I look like a ship that sunk a thousand years ago!" It looks at itself, then at me.

"heh..." It was true. He did.

"Now. What do you wish for, princess?" It asked, echoing the chamber repeatedly.

"I-I wish for every pony to finally notice me... To love me, to respect me..." I look down at my hooves.

"Your wish... Explain it more" It asks, landing on a large enough cliff in the chasm, only it`s eyes showing in the dark.

"Nopony ever mentions my name. They all bask in my dear sister`s light. They bow to her and shun me... Nopony loves me," I whimper.

"Your sister does, the moon does, the stars do." It replies in a lighter tone than dark.

"I-I know. But that`s... Not enough", I begin, "I can`t talk to the stars, the moon, the night crawlers are... Scary, and my dear sister acts as if everypony is RIGHT to praise her!".

"Well. What of that... Political arrangement that`s been going around in your head lately, hmm?" He beckons towards my head with a claw, reaching in to the light so I may see.

"Oh... Queen? Right. RIGHT. They call her queen! And me... NOTHING." I cry out, angry at his testing questions.

"..." He does not reply.

After a long silence, I begin to sing to myself, trying to calm down.

"Population, keeps on breeding".

"Nation bleeding, still more feeding. Economy", I grow louder, though unintentional.

"Life is funny, skies are sunny".

"Bees make honey, who needs money? Monopoly" I sing the last part as if it is meant for him, the Legend waker.

"I`d love to change the world!" I stare at him, giving off a powerful vibe, but it fades away just as soon as it starts.

"But I don`t know what to do", I ruffle my wings, wiping away a chill that came in through the entrance to the doorway, where unknowing to me, the black silhouette of a fearsome alicorn flashes in the light.

"So i`ll leave it up to, you!" I stop, breathing. The dragon nods, and flies back in front of me, until landing on the ground.

"Your test is finished". He smiles, revealing blood dripping fangs, rows and rows, nothing but teeth. I do not see a tongue.

"T-test?!" I gasp.

"Yes. I thought about eating you, you`d make a very magical potion-like snack, may even heal some of my... let`s say, Lost flesh." he laughs, and I just make a studdered, 'heh'.

"Oh, cheer up. I won`t kill you, unlike poor Star swirl... but I must say, you won`t be... you" He sighs.

"Me? I-I..." I hold a hoof to my chin, thinking.

-Not me? How is that possible? What would I be? More of what would I be like?-

I decide to accept. It will get me respect, after all.

"Yes, sir. I accept your, offer".

He jumps back into the air. And with certain beats of his wings, blue, purple, and black magic flows out, surrounding me.

Almost to where I can`t see, I look at my hooves, they seem to be turning black...

"You will be feared, and respected..." He goes on, asking if i`m sure.

"Yes, i`m sure of this" I reply in a more raspy, echo-like tone.

"That is all I need to hear", my vision goes black.