• Published 22nd Jun 2015
  • 620 Views, 24 Comments

Alternate - WisdomWish



Luna and Celestia switch duties, caused by the god of chaos.

  • ...
3
 24
 620

The Everfree

Celestia

I woke up form my daze, my head and horn throbbing. I remembered everything. The book labeled "Alternate," which for some reason switched Luna's and I's roles in Equestria. In the book it had a time spell, which caused us to come.... somewhere. I looked around, seeing that I'm surrounded by huge trees. The trees, for some reason, looked mysterious, but I didn't know why. There was a small pond to my left a few feet away from me, and a huge stone building to my right. I looked at the building, somehow knowing I knew the building. I gasped. It was the Castle of the Two Royal Pony Sisters. Luna and I's old homes. I felt a tug at my heart, remembering all the secret doors and areas that were in the castle. How Luna and I did pranks on the guards. I smiled. I was glad to be here. Home.

I stood up, wanting to know how old I was. I walked over to the pond, staring at my reflection. I was a little filly again, the one that my mother said that was so joyful and would bring happiness. I had on a little golden crown, with a purple jewel in the center. It looked like my original crown, except it was Luna's size. I also had a pendant with the same colors, and golden shoes on my hooves. My mane covered my left eye, like it usually does, except its back in pink. It wasn't flowing, it hung low, cascading to my neck. I was 9 years old again, which meant Luna was 15.

Luna. Where was she? I looked around, not seeing she's in the grassy fields. My eyes hit the castle. She must be in the castle. Where else would she be? I headed toward it, the grass tickling my hooves. As I was near the entrance, guards suddenly saw me and bowed in my presence. I ignored it, as I usually did, focusing on finding Luna. I walked inside, my eyes catching on the shining thrones. Luna was sitting in hers, looking as happy as ever.

"Sister!" She exclaimed. "Back from your leisurely stroll?" She winked, letting me know she was saying it so no one would get suspicious. She looked 15, her hair, which flowed to her knees, a dark blue color, had "stars" scattered around like the night sky. She had on a big black crown with a silver moon in the center, the pendant in the same fashion. Her shoes where a light blue, sparkling.

I smiled. "Yes!" I looked up at the ceiling. Hearing my filly voice again sounded funny. It was high pitched and child-like.

"Okay." she said, grinning. "How about we go check out the library? Star Swirl hoof-picked the books himself."

I nodded. What was she planning? I followed her to the library, surprised she remembered the way. We reached the library, it not being dusty or dirty. The shelves were shining, them being filled with ancient books.

"Luna, what are you hiding from me?" I asked.

"Let's find a book to make this faster. With all these ancient books, there must be something to reverse the spell!"

I looked at her as if she was stupid. "Nothing will pop up. We must go through this!"

She pouted. "Can we at least look?"

I rolled my eyes. She knew the pouting would make me do anything. "Fine."

We started searching every shelf, every nook and cranny. We also searched all the secret rooms in the library, and each of our personal shelves in our rooms. But we found nothing.

My inner filly kicked in. "I told you so!"

She rolled her eyes, smiling at the same time. She noticed it too. Once upon a time, I wasn't so serious. I would prance around, carefree. Mother would always say to not be serious now, to embrace it. Because soon my duties would get the best of me. And she was right.

That old pony is coming back.

Maybe back for good.

~

Discord

I was sitting on Celestia's throne, eating her double chocolate cake. I smiled to myself, knowing she would be killing me if she knew. But of course, she was in an alternate dimension, the one I sent her to.
Yes, I sent her there, her and Luna. I wanted to get them back for turning me to stone all those years ago. We were friends before, but obviously but that behind her when she discovered the Tree of Harmony. I just erupted with laughter, and BOOM! I was stone. Fluttershy told me that's what friends don't do to each other. Of course, sun butt and I are friends now [Along with Luna].
I can't even believe they didn't figure it out I made the book! Or how they ended up in that form in the first place! It just shows there not as smart as Twilight lets them on to be. At least I didn't let Equestria rot without them. I used my magic to stop time so when they return it will be the same time they started at. How generous am I?
I looked down at my plate, seeing there is no cake on it. I snapped my fingers, and another cake appeared. I snapped them again, and a cloud of chocolate rain appeared over my head. A glass appeared in my left hand, and the delicious drink filled up fromm the bottom up.
It was great to be the god of chaos.

~

Celestia

Luna and I were on a chariot, heading towards what will be Ponyville. Of course, that will be centuries ahead. We landed in a grassy plain, the surface changing to a pink tiled floor. I gasped. Discord. I had forgotten about him! We still had to turn him to stone and discover the elements of harmony! I facehoofed. I really didn't want to do this.

"Sister," Luna spoke. "Did you also forget about Discord?"

I nodded. "Yes."

Author's Note:

Personal Cannon. :twilightsheepish: