• Published 21st May 2012
  • 1,677 Views, 16 Comments

Discord, God of Chaos and Love? - ace1233211



Discord isn't that bad. he just got a bad hand dealt to him. Time to change that.

  • ...
2
 16
 1,677

Change of heart(and mind)

Ch.1 Change of heart (and mind)

It has been a few days seance Discord was once again trapped in stone. At first he did not mind so much, it was something he was used to.
Encased in stone what eales is new?
'Now I can come up with new forms of chaos for when I get free' discord thought to himself.
Alone with his thoughts discord began to remember his life the last time he was turned to stone. The endless silence and boredom is all that he could remember. The unbearable, unending silence.
Discord began to fear his prison.
'I have to get out soon, that...that torturing boredom. I won't be able to take it again.' Discords fears were well founded. The silly insanity that had been his personality last time he escaped was caused by the thousand years he spent incased in stone. This time his mind would not have a chance to stay sane.
As the months passed Discord's mind began to crack. The memories of his last time here along with thought that he could be here for another thousand years, the time on the outside of the prison didn't matter to him it could have been four minutes or five hundred years, it wouldn't matter to him, it always felt like an eternity.
On the outside the months past and the seasons changed. Madness consumed Discords mind and after a while it shattered. Discord went through a very chaotic process where his mind would break into small little pieces and he would try and put it back together. This caused his personality to change drastically. First he was very happy, to the point that he was laughing to himself uncontrollably. Next he was sad, crying and balling his eyes out. This continued for a time, Discords mind would break again soon after he put it back together. No matter which way he put it back he could not keep sane.
It had been nearly a year seacn he was put back into his prison and Discord wasn't doing so well. His mind was still in pieces and he was still putting it back together. This latest try was a long one, carful to make sure this time he wouldn’t fall into another fit of madness. After the final peace went into place Discords mind settled and he felt sane again.
'Finally I can think clearly.' Discord knew the madness would take him soon if he could not break the boredom so he did the only thing he could.
'Some new forms of chaos? hm....'He went through every form of chaos he knew. From cotton candy clouds that rained chocolate milk to flying pigs and everything in between. 'I’ve done this all before. There has got to be something new.'
Discord hated the same mundane things over and over again. Even though his chaos wasn’t mundane, he would kiss Luna’s hoof before he allowed someone to think he was repeating himself. But the old random tricks weren’t going to cut it. He didn’t find them as, well...fun as they used to be. But what other chaos could there be?
Just then Discord saw a pony pass by his statue. She was a young mare with light blue body and bright pink mane. She seemed to hum as she walked.
'She seems happy? And why wouldn't she?’ Last week she and her coltfriend had been walking through the garden, Discord had been on an anger trip due to his madness. But he would grab hold of anything that past his spot, just to help pass the boredom. The two ponies were enjoying their walk together when the colt, a tall and solid built gray colt with a white mane stopped and knelt down in front of the mare reviling a small box with a ring inside it. They were too far away for Discord to hear but he guessed what was happening. The earth mare screamed in shock and joy before tackling the gray colt yelling “YES!!!”
Discord had seen this before. The joy and happiness others felt from love. It brot up old memories, painful memories. He never felt anything from love but pain, heart reaching pain. The changes it caused in him were so much that you could say it made him into a different person. A Monster.
‘But this thought, that love could change someone so drastically, it was so...chaotic. This mare had walked through my spot in the garden before but never have I seen her hum or even smile. What’s next? Is she going to laugh?’
Just as Discord thought this he heard the sound of the light blue mare giggle as she sniffed a flower.
‘What was that? How can she just pull a 360 like that? Love could do such chaotic things to ponies?’
Discord began to like this idea of chaotic love. He wondered what would come from helping other ponies find their love. Would he see more chaotic events? There was of course the other side of love, its dark side. The pain he could cause on others, it would destroy most.
‘No! I’ve been through that and even I wouldn’t wish that on others. So it’s just the happy side?’ Discord pretended that he was stroking his beard. ‘This could work, if I could get out of here first.’ He laughed at the idea. He figured it would be another thousand years before then and he would be a different creature with a new mind by then, several if history had taught him anything.
Discord didn’t notice the crack that was forming along his chest.



-Midnight that day-
After many hours the stone that surrounded Discord finally fell away. The spirit stretched his arms and yawned
“so much time in the same position can really put a cramp in your neck” Discord placed his paw and claw on either side of his head and jerked it left hearing a loud crack, then to the right hearing an even lauder crack. Discord sighed “here we go” Sucking in a long breath he twists his head a full 360 digress around, this made several loud cracking sounds. Discord let go his head but it just stayed put.
“Now what to do first?” he stroked his beard for real now. “Now what should I do first? Hm….. I had something this morning. What was it? Something to do with love...Why can’t I remember? Dam it! It’s right on the tip of my tough.” As Discord flouted around the garden trying to remember his thoughts from earlier, he heard a noise rumbling from his belly. “Well I guess I should get something to eat. Can’t work on an empty stomach now, can I?” Discord could have made any food he wanted appear right in front of him but that wouldn’t be him would it. Snapping his fingers, he disappeared to find some food.
Celestia tossed and turned in her sleep. She was sweating and mumbling as her front legs flailed around knocking away imaginary things. Her mumbling turned into ranting and her movements became more rapid until she shot up yelling “NO!” Looking around she noticed she was still in her room, her large empty room. It was a peaceful night, same as every night. Celestia wiped the sweat from her face and untangled herself from the sheets.
She trotted around her room looking for something to get her mind off the nightmare she had, but seeing as her room was mostly empty, except for a bed and a few chairs, she was having a hard time doing so. After a few laps around the room and five or so minutes starring out the window Celestia decided to head to the royal kitchen to grab a late night snack.
Her hooves steps could be heard echoing through the halls of the castle as Celeastia walked down the endless hallways and wending staircases, looking for the elusive kitchen.
“Where is that door? I know it was around here somewhere.” Having all her meals brought to her Celeastia had not been to the kitchen in many years. “I swear, when I find the person responsible for the design of this castle I’m going to send them to the mo-. Finely!” Celeastia reached for the door (too tired to use magic) when she heard a noise coming from behind it. ‘Someone must have had the same idea as me. Could Luna be stealing my private stash of frozen roses again?’ the thought made Celeastia worried so she slammed the door open to cache her little sister in the act. What she found stunned her to the point of being unable to move. There in the middle of the kitchen, about to take a bite out of an eight layer turkey sandwich was Discord.
The thoughts going through Celeastia’s head were too many to keep track. ‘how did he break out’ ‘what was he doing in her kitchen’ ‘why had she not sensed him’ ‘why was he not causing chaos’ ‘where did he get the turkey for that sandwich if we are all vegetarian’ Those along with the thought of how she should fight him or how to get away if he proved too much for her to handle. Celeastia couldn’t leave her mind as these thoughts were screaming at her, but Discord who had only one thought when he saw Celeastia acted quickly. He snapped his fingers and appired behind Celeastia with a loud pop. Barely given time to react, Celeastia could do nothing to stop the draconequus from casting his spell. Waving his paw over Celeastia, Discord cast a spell a put her out like the flame on a candle. Still holding onto his sandwich Discord scoped Celeastia up with his other hand. Looking at both full hands Discord created a flouting hand next to him which snapped its fingers and teleported them out of the kitchen. Appearing in Celestia’s room Discord placed her on the bed and pulled the covers over her. Before Discord left he looked at Celeastia sleeping peacefully and his face softened. He could have had such a great life if it wasn’t for this evil angel. An evil and twisted thought crossed his mind as he looked at his index claw as it shined in the moon light. ‘It could be so easy, just like what she did only physical.’ Looking down at her, he noticed his sandwich. ‘On second thought I’d rather go and finish my sandwich’ with that Discord left, leaving a sleeping alicorn to dream and forget.


An hour later Discord finished his sandwich and was sitting on a large rock in the middle of the ever free. “Now that if had my dinner, or was it breakfast? Oh well doesn’t matter. What had I decided before? Love? Hmm? What does it matter? Now that I’m free I can do as I wish and with everyone asleep I can set up a plan to stop those elements and make this world over in chaos!! Ha HA HA!...But wait, I don’t…feel the same way as last time. There’s no voice screaming in my head, I really liked that voice.” Discord began to relies that there was no impulse to make everything around him chaotic. “What’s wrong with me? I have control over myself and I don’t feel like causing harm to others. I wonder if I even like chaos anymore.” Looking over at a few trees nearby Discord waves his claw over them, turning them into candy cains. “Ha Ha Ha, nope still love chaos. But what to do?.... I remember! I was going to make others lives happy and chaotic by introducing a bit of love. Not my best idea but its new. Now who should I start with? Hm..” Discord stroked his beard and thought of who would be the perfect target for his new chaos. “Eureka! Those six little ponies that sent me back into that stone hell. I do believe that I owe them one.” Laughing as he planed Discord looked into the future and found the perfect match for each of the six ponies. “Now I just have to get them to ponyville.”


I don’t know when I will update but my classes don’t start for a while and the stories I’m following are slow to update so I might start the next one tomorrow and see how far I get. I try to get close to 2000 words or above and I have a lot thought up for the next part so I just have to not be lazy and write it.
Just like Bioware and a proper ending MotherFuckers!!!!

P.S. I can’t spell for shit