• Published 16th Jun 2015
  • 1,477 Views, 20 Comments

Without Her Dash She's Just a Rainbow - Letsmlpbro



Rainbow Dash starts loosing her memories after a flying stunt goes wrong. All she can remember is how she wishes she didn't have wings.

  • ...
4
 20
 1,477

(bonus)

I'm standing at the tracks as she approaches me. Her dark pink hair is longer than last time. Those purple eyes seem almost dead.

Why does this make me sad?

"Rainbow Dash?" the small orange body asks as she stops in front of me. "What are you doing here? I-I thought. . ." the purple eyes are misty.

I look down at her, a smile appearing on my lips. "Oh Scoot, my name is just Rainbow now."

The body looks up at me. "Y-You remember me?" She has a smile of her own now.

I think. I try to regain the thought of who this filly is.

Camp site. Hanging out. Flying.

I shutter.

"I think I do. . ." I mumble.

Why am I here again? Why did my feet take me to the tracks by the forest? Ah, I remember. To see this orange body. Twilight said it would be good for me. That it might help.

"I'm getting better at flying Rainbow!" Scoot tells me with excitement. "Do you wanna see?"

Everything in me is telling me to run. I don't want to watch her fly. I don't want to feel sick again. But I have to watch.

I have to feel something.

So I nod, and watch her trot off to one of the starting lines.

"Watch this Rainbow!" she yells to me as she stretches out her wings.

She's grown a little. That makes me proud for a reason I do not know.

Wind rushes past me as she takes off. I force myself to watch her. She makes a right turn, following the paved track beneath her. I can see the smirk on her face as she bolts through the air.

Adrenaline.

Speed.

Vomit.

It comes out of my body suddenly, not giving me a chance to react. It's acidic.


I'm gasping, heaving, flickering out of consciousness.

"Twilight, do something!" a filly shrieks.

"She'll come out of it Scootaloo, don't worry." the calming voice of a princess says back.

I can feel the chunks in my stomach wanting to be released. They want to be free.

A deep breath is taken into my lungs. "Princess, I. . ."

No.

I lost another one.

Hoofsteps fill the room. "See Scootaloo, I told you she'd come back to her senses. . .Promise me you won't fly in front of her again."

"But Twilight, she's my sister! Sh-She's the one who taught me how to fly in the first place! She wouldn't give it up. Y-You have to be lying." There are sobs in her words. Sobs I wish I could stop.

Sister?

"Promise me Scootaloo." The princess says again.

"Fine!" she's crying heavily now. "F-Fine! I'll play into your little prank Twilight, but know that it's not funny!"

A door slams. A princess sighs.

"I'm sorry Rainbow. . .I thought she would help you feel better." she says calmly as she pulls a blanket over me.

I'm in a bed. How?

"She did. It was the flying that. . ."

No, I'm getting worse.

The purple body pauses before saying, "I know Rainbow. . .I know."

Author's Note:

Bonus chapter inspired by the comment shinikage left on this story:

you need to add how she feels about rarity, pinkie and scootalo

This takes place a few months after the first chapter.