• Published 10th Jun 2015
  • 708 Views, 31 Comments

Love is in Bloom - MuddyWaters



The mane six have adventures in love and romance. And there's a new enemy to defeat!

  • ...
10
 31
 708

Chapter Seven: Pinkie Pie

"What are we going to do Rainbow?" I asked, looking next to me at the pegasus. Now that Applejack didn't need us for Apple Bucking for the day, perhaps Rainbow Dash and I could do something super duper amazing!

"I'm going to do something important," Rainbow Dash said, as she started to fly away.

"Oooh!" I exclaimed. "Can I help? Can I? Can I?"

She turned to look at me, and rolled her eyes. "Sorry, Pinkie Pie. Why don't you go see if the Cakes need you for something?" And with that, she took off into the sky.

I sat down, my mane and tail drooping, and loosing it's fluff. I already knew Mr. and Mrs. Cake didn't need me for anything. I'd cleared my schedule for the week to help out with Apple Bucking season. And I had had hoped Rainbow Dash would've wanted to hang out with me now that Applejack was busy. But now she had something important to do?

I wished none of my other bestest friends were out of town so that I could hang out with them, but they were. I needed something to do so that I could keep occupied.

Just then, a brilliant idea popped in my head. Maybe, if I was right and AJ really did love the pony who that tent belonged to, maybe they were new to Ponyville, because Applejack had never expressed interest in any of the stallions in town! Maybe he would want a Welcome-to-Ponyville party! Obviously it wouldn't happen now, or even today, but I could start baking the stuff I needed for it! This way, I wouldn't be in such a hurry to get it done, not that I couldn't get it done in a day anyways. But, this was just a precaution. Heehee.

And seeing how all my bestest friends were busy with other stuff, I decided to get a couple other friends of mine from around Ponyville to help.

I bounded over to a house that looked a lot like the other houses in Ponyville, but it had some distinctive touches to it. For one, the roof was a mint-green and the outside was littered with random small things. It was just two stories, and in all honesty, it was rather plain. But, there was a park bench in the front as well, which also gave other ponies a hint on who exactly who lived there.

I knocked on the door, and a mint-green unicorn who was the same shade of mint-green as the roof of the house, answered. Her golden-brown eyes widened in surprised when she saw me.

"Pinkie Pie!" she exclaimed. "I hadn't expected to see you today!" I thought you were helping the Apples with Apple Bucking Season!"

"I know, but Applejack and her siblings had an emergency that came up. So, I thought I'd ask you for a favor, Lyra. Is Bon Bon here too?"

Lyra chuckled, and then said, "Of course she is." She ducked inside, and I heard her call out, "Bon Bon! We have a guest who wants to see you!"

The creamy-white mare appeared after a couple heartbeats. She looked surprised to see me as well, which I found funny. It seemed like everypony was surprised to see me today, although seeing how I'd already told a lot of ponies that I'd be helping out with the Apples for a week, maybe it shouldn't be surprising. But it was. Then again though, surprises were fun, so I wasn't going to complain about anything there!

"Pinkie?" Bon Bon asked.

"Hi!" I exclaimed. "I have a favor to ask you."

"What do you want?" Bon Bon asked, smiling.

"Was wondering if you and Lyra would want to help me throw a party for a new pony in town!" I exclaimed.

They both looked at me, and then they chuckled.

"Of course we'll help," Lyra said, smiling. "What do you want us to do?"

"Just need help. I don't know where to throw the party. I'd do it at Sugarcube Corner, but Mr. and Mrs. Cake already have plans for it for the next week!"

They both stared at me oddly, before Bon Bon spoke. "Well, who's the new pony in town?"

"Don't know," I replied, smiling. "But there's a new pony in town and as Ponyville's supreme party thrower, it's up to me to throw them a proper welcoming party!"

I knew what I had to do. But Lyra and Bon Bon shared a look with each other, and I had a feeling they didn't think this party was a good idea. I couldn't figure out why though! Didn't they it was important to make this pony feel welcomed?

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," Bon Bon said quickly. "We'll help you, Pinkie."

Lyra shot Bon Bon a deadly glare, but Bon Bon must not have noticed because she didn't say anything about it. But I had a funny feeling that Lyra didn't want to help with the party.

I chose to ignore that though, and instead, bounced up and down the street a couple of times happily. Lyra would come around anyways, especially when she saw how supremely amazingly awesome the party was going to be, and when she saw that the pony that was living in the tent outside Sweet Apple Acres was happy as well. I knew I was doing the right thing right now. AJ would want any stallion who was worthy of her love to be welcomed in the grandest way possible! This was totally going to be the bestest party ever! It had to be.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the few descriptions here. I thought it fit Pinkie, although I could be false here. This was just my first attempt at writing Pinkie and I honestly don't think I did that well until the last paragraph. If any of you have any tips, I would very much appreciate it! Thanks guys!