• Published 10th Jun 2015
  • 708 Views, 31 Comments

Love is in Bloom - MuddyWaters



The mane six have adventures in love and romance. And there's a new enemy to defeat!

  • ...
10
 31
 708

Chapter Two: Rarity

Manehatten, a city which was beautiful and just marvelous. I'd visited before on a couple separate occasions, but I had never gone alone. This was my first time going all by myself. I would've invited one of my friends, but I knew Applejack needed everypony else for Apple Buck Season.

I'd come to Manehatten for my dear friend, Coco Pommel, who was simply having problems with something she promised was super important. She asked me for my help, and of course I told her I'd be there. She promised to explain what the big emergency was when we saw each other face-to-face.

When I got off the train, I was met by Coco and she had a light red pegasus stallion with her.

"Rarity!" Coco exclaimed. "I'm so glad you could make it!"

"Of course I did," I replied smiling. "You're my friend, Coco. How could I not come at your request? You said it was urgent?"

"It is," Coco told me. She gestured to the red stallion next to her. "This is Blaze. We're going to be getting married in a few months! I was hoping you could help me come up with a wedding dress. You're one of the best fashion designers I know, and I was hoping you would help me. I seriously need it, I can't come up with anything that looks like a decent wedding dress. I've never made a good one before!"

"Why of course I'll help!" I told her, smiling.

"Thank you so much," Coco said, beaming. "C'mon. Let's get to my house. Blaze's family is waiting for us."

I followed her, as she walked through Manehatten, and I enjoyed the walk. I called 'hi' to some of the passing ponies, who mostly called 'hi' back. I'd been to Manehatten enough to be able to pick out familiar faces.

As we walked through the town, I decided to converse with Coco. "How did you and Blaze meet anyways?"

"His older brother, Spark, had been my client for his weeding. Him and his bride broke it off the day before the wedding, but one good thing came from it." She looked at Blaze with adoring eyes.

"How long ago did you two get together?" I asked. I couldn't remember reading anything about her having a coltfriend during her last letter, and that had only been a month ago.

"We've been together for almost a year. Oh, I'm sorry for not telling you, Rarity. I was waiting for you to come to Manehatten to meet him. It wasn't something I wanted to say over a letter."

"Of course," I told her, brushing up against her. "I completely understand."

"Oh thank you!" she exclaimed. "We're here though."

I looked up to see a fancy apartment complex. I'd visited Coco before in Manehatten, but had never seen her house, so this was new. She lead me inside and I found the inside was just as marvelous. She lived on the first floor, and she opened the door.

Inside were three more pegasi, two stallions and one mare. The one stallion looked a bit like Blaze, but he had a darker red coat, while his mane was a fiery-red. His eyes were the deepest purple, and he was majestic. The other stallion was a red-orange with a blue-white mane, and his eyes were dark green. The mare was white with a red mane and purple eyes.

"Is this who's making the dress?" the mare asked, searching me.

"Yes, Lightning," Coco spoke, sounding a bit annoyed. I wondered why. Weren't they going to be related soon? Well, if this mare was Blaze's mother as I assumed. Shouldn't they be getting along instead of fighting?

"She doesn't look like much," Lightning said, her nose up in the air.

"May I say that I made the dress for Princess Cadence's wedding?" I told the white pegasus.

Her violet eyes lit up. "Really now?" she asked.

"Yes," I said proudly. "And in the past couple years my line has sky rocketed in sales. I've made outfits for the likes of Sapphire Shores, and I've even won a few fashion shows here in Manehatten. That is how Coco and I met."

"Hrumph," Lightning snorted. She looked to Blaze and said, "Are you sure you want to go through with this weeding?"

"Yes, mother," Blaze said, sighing. "We've been over this before! I love Coco and no matter what you say will change that."

"At least you can pick a proper dress-maker," Lightning snorted. She gave me a respectful nod, and then stormed off.

"I am so sorry about her, Rarity," Blaze spoke. "She doesn't think Coco is good enough for me, even though I really love her." His green eyes bored into Coco's. "Anyways, this is my father, Thunder, and my brother Spark." He looked at his father and brother then. "And this is Rarity, she's a close friend of Coco's and she'll be making the dress."

"Hello, Rarity," Spark spoke, in a calm voice. It's voice was entrancing. "I'm glad you're helping with my brother's wedding. Especially if you've worked for a princess. I want his wedding to go off perfectly."

Of course, that didn't make me nervous at all.

Author's Note:

Rariy! Yay. And yes, Coco is in it! :raritywink: She was one of my favorites from season four and you'll be seeing other ones from there as well eventually.