• Published 20th Jun 2015
  • 3,386 Views, 53 Comments

Friendship, Love, and Shenanigans - Lightning Spear



Hey guys, I am Nathan Hunt. Summer had begun, and it was going to be another normal summer vacation...well, the normal part changed when I discovered four lost princesses lying in my backyard.

  • ...
12
 53
 3,386

Meet the Rest of the Herd

I woke up in the morning as my biological clock snapped me out from my dreamworld. I checked my clock and the time showed it was five in the morning.

Yeah, I have a tendency to wake up early in the morning. Sometimes too early.

I did several warm-ups before continuing with my routine twenty times of push-ups, sit-ups, and back-ups after getting out of bed.

"And that was that..." I said quietly as I wiped off several beads of sweat from my forehead. I checked my clock again and the time showed it was half past five.

Usually, during this time of the day me and Janet are gonna get ourselves running a lap or two in the neighborhood; but remembering I have four unique guests sleeping in my living room below, I decided to call it off.

I waited several minutes for my body to dry off from sweat, took a shower, and put on my clothes. Which consisted of a grey long sleeve t-shirt and blue jeans (along with the necessary components of course.). I looked outside of my bedroom's windows and it was still quite dark out there.

'Maybe, they are still asleep.' I thought. But I decided to go downstairs regardless.

As I prepared to go downstairs, I heard chatters coming from my living room. I knelt down near the stairs' railings with Janet by my side so I can listen more carefully and quietly. I wanted to know where this conversation was going without raising any alarms.

Besides, I am good at eavesdropping.

"I think we are in Canterlot, it's alternate reality! The same one I visited not long ago!" A feminine voice spoke with excitement. Definitely not Celestia or Luna.

'Alternate reality Canterlot? what the eff?!' I thought. But I shrugged that aside and listened closely.

"Maybe you are right, Twilight. Nate perfectly suits the description of the creatures you told me after your return...humans." Celestia said.

'So I am not the first human to them?' I thought.

"And you are also right about them, they are kind and generous. I mean, he let us stay in his house and all." Another feminine voice replied.

'If they know what atrocities we are capable of doing...' I mentally sighed.

"Maybe you are right, Cadance." Celestia replied with a chuckle "But even if he is not as you expected, I am sure Luna has something to say to him."

'Two names acquired, Twilight and Cadance.' I noted mentally 'I just don't know which is who.'

"Fine..." Luna's voice replied "But if he is not what niece Cadance expects him to be..."

"Don't be so negative auntie."

"Now, all we have to do is to get to Canterlot High School; find Sunset Shimmer and my friends, get to the standing equine statue and use the portal I left open to go home!"

'Time to intervene I guess...'

"I see all of you are awake." I said with a friendly tone as I walked down the stairs with Janet by my side. All Alicorns looked at my direction as I said that "Good morning." I greeted them with a smile as I got to my living room. I also noticed they have folded the blankets on the table.

"Good morning Nate." Celestia said with a smile "Nate, I would like to introduce Princess Cadance." she said while gesturing at the pink Alicorn and "Princess Twilight Sparkle." she said while gesturing at the lavender unicorn.

Cadance and Twilight stepped forward "I am Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, the Princess of Love and the Ruler of the Crystal Empire." she said with a smile; offering her right hoof which I gladly shook "But please, call me Cadance."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Cadance." I said with a smile before turning to Twilight.

"And I am Twilight Sparkle, bearer of the Element of Magic and the Princess of Friendship." she said while offering her right hoof; which again I gladly shook "But please, call me Twilight."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Twilight." I said with a smile "Although I overheard your conversation and you seem to know who I am let me reintroduce myself, my name is Nathan Hunt; but please call me Nate." I said "And you are currently in my living room."

"We are all very thankful for you to take us in." Twilight said.

"Oh, I almost forgot; this is my dog, Janet." I said while pointing at my German Shepherd companion.

"She is nice." Cadance said while patting my dog's head.

"She looks...well, intimidating. But she is nice." Twilight commented while doing the same.

"Believe it or not, she can tell whether you have bad intentions or not." I said, with that Janet stood on all fours and licked Cadance right in her face before doing the same to Twilight "She likes you." I chuckled.

At that moment, Luna stepped closer to me; only to be stopped by my dog's growling.

"Auntie...don't you have something to say?" Cadance said while staring at the Moon Princess.

"*sigh* I am sorry Nate, I know I did you wrong. But I did it to--"

"Protect your sister, I understand. I would've done the same thing." I shook her hoof with a smile, which she returned.

"It's nice to see all of you getting along." Celestia said with a smile "now, if you excuse me...I have to rise the sun."

'Rise the fucking what?!' I thought while trying to pull my jaw back up. However, before I could react...

"You can't! This planet is different than ours remember? Instead of magic, day and night on this planet is caused by its rotation." Twilight said.

'Even sunrise and sunset in Equus is controlled by magic. Equestria must be a place filled with happiness, wonder, and magic!' I thought sarcastically.

"Oh, right. When you have been doing the same activity for thousands of years, it's hard to not to do it for a single day." Celestia said with a sheepish smile.

"Nate," Twilight said "Can you tell us what city we are in?"

"San Francisco, United States of America." I told her.

"W-wha? we are n-not in Canterlot?" Twilight stuttered.

"I am sorry to tell you this, but...you are not." I replied.

Suddenly, the air in the living room changed. The Princesses' moods took a drastic change from happy to anxious.

'Shit, must I be that blunt?' I thought as I mentally slapped myself.

"A-are you sure? Canterlot High School must be nearby." Twilight stuttered again.

"Here, let me show you." I said while taking out my smartphone from my pocket.

"What is that?" Cadance asked.

"This is a--"

"Cellphone." Twilight quickly replied. "Or smartphone for that matter. It's main function is for communication over long distances."

"You seem to be very familiar to human technology, even our planet." I said as I typed 'Canterlot High School' in Google Maps.

"Yeah, I learned quite a lot during my time in alternate reality Canterlot." Twilight said with a smile.

"There, you see? no Canterlot High School." I said while showing them the search result on Google Maps, the screen displayed my house and the surrounding location with 'We could not find Canterlot High School.' on the top left of the screen.

"Can we try teleportation?" Cadance asked.

"We could..." Twilight said while putting her hoof on her chin "But I wouldn't recommend it."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we are in a different dimension and I can't calculate how far do we have to go, and if we try to do it; we are gonna be torn apart and lost between space and time." Twilight concluded. "The only being in Equestria with such power, is Discord."

At that moment, Celestia clutched her head and leaned back to her seat.

"Are you alright Celestia?" I asked as I moved closer to her.

"Yes, I am fine Nate." Celestia said; but the way she said it was wrong.

As if she was hiding something.

"Then we have to find another way to return home." Celestia said.

"Do you think Discord know where we are now?" Luna asked.

"Well, we can only hope." Twilight said with a sigh "So...what do we do now?"

*BEEEYYOOOWWLL*

"Sorry, that was me..." Twilight said with a sheepish smile.

"Wow, I guess somebody is really hungry." I chuckled.

"I think all of us really need to eat." Luna chuckled.

"Okay then, wait a sec think I still have some fruits in the fridge." I said while walking towards the kitchen. I checked my food cupboard and drawer and found them still filled with food; thankfully I did the groceries before.

I checked my fridge and found them filled with food, but...

no fruits.

'Shit, of course I forgot to buy them. Rice is out too.' I facepalmed. 'But, I have lots of eggs though and the vegetables are well-stocked. I could make an omelette for the five of us'

"Um,girls...I know you are herbivores and all, but do you eat eggs? Because I am out of fruits." My kitchen is on the right side of my living room, so I just called them straight from the kitchen, convenient.

"Sure, as long as you don't put meat in there; we are okay with it." Cadance replied.

I walked back to the kitchen and prepared all of the required materials for a decent omelette.

Frying pan, cooking oil, five eggs, sautéed onions, chopped mushrooms, chopped potatoes, chopped bell peppers, chopped leeks, garden peas, salt and pepper.

'Okay, all set.' I thought as I began cracking the eggs into a bowl and heating up the cooking oil.

Various thoughts and questions stirred in my head as I stirred the mixture of beaten eggs and vegetables in the bowl. I peeked over my shoulders and saw the Princesses looking at each other and nodding occasionally at each other; as if they were communicating.

'Must be telepathy or something like that...' I thought as I poured the mixture into the frying pan. Moments later, the wonderful scent of the omelette began to fill my nostrils; usually I would turn the kitchen blower on , but I wanted to see their reactions.

"What is that wonderful scent?" Cadance said while walking towards me with Luna, Cadance, and Twilight in tow.

"This, Princess Cadance is a boerenomelet or a farmer's omelette." I explained as I flipped the omelette "Originating from the Netherlands, a country in the continent of Europe; this culinary masterpiece is a mixture of eggs and sautéed onions, chopped mushrooms, chopped potatoes, chopped bell peppers, chopped leeks, garden peas, salt and pepper." I told them "Although this dish has many variations, this is the one I prefer the most." seeing the omelette is ready to eat, I turned off the stove and served the omelette on a plate.

"You seem to know a lot about food and cooking." Celestia commented.

"Well, my family's got quite a history with food." I said while putting the dish on the granite kitchen table in front of them; who looked at the delicacy with watering mouths. While Celestia, Cadance, and Twilight managed to get a hold of themselves; a certain Moon Princess did it quite literally "Er, Luna you got a little something on your mouth."

Luna quickly wiped away her saliva and smiled sheepishly.

I took some more vegetables from the fridge; combined with and quickly made a bowl of salad for the five of us. Then, I took five dishes from the dish rack and shared the omelette and salad equally to each plate. I also filled five glasses of mineral water for us. Suddenly the plates and glasses were levitated with auras in four different colors; purple, blue, light blue and, gold.

'If only I have magic powers like them.' I mentally joked as I picked my plate and glass from the table "Er, girls to dining table."

Then we sat on the dining table and began to eat our meals. I took a slice of my omelette and tossed it to Janet, who immediately caught and ate it.

"Nate, this is delicious!" Cadance stated with a smile after eating a piece of omelette "Who taught you to make this?"

"Well, my distant family from the Netherlands taught me to." I said with a smile "Do you like it?"

"Are you kidding? This is one of the best omelette I've ever tasted in my life!" Twilight added.

"You should be a chef one day." Celestia commented while putting a piece of the omelette with her magic-levitated fork.

"Well, for your information; I am an architect." I told her "My family's running a national-scale food corporation with selling outlets across the country." I said.

"So, you help in the construction?" Luna asked while eating her salad. To my surprise, there was only half of the omelette remaining.

'How fast did she eat?' I thought.

"Yes, but I am not the only one who does it." I told her, shrugging my trivial thoughts aside "However, I also help in creating and experimenting with new recipes."

"Oh, interesting." Luna said while levitating her glass to take a sip.

"Say, after we are done with breakfast; let me show you around. What do you say?" I said.

"Sure!" Twilight said with excitement.

Ten minutes later, we finished our breakfast and washed the dishes. Of course, the work was faster due to the assistance of magic.

"And that was that, thanks girls!" I said as I dried the water on my hands with a hand-towel. I received 'Your welcomes' in return. "Let the tour begin!"

With that, I showed them around in the first floor; the Princesses also gave some remarks about the rooms I showed them at the first floor.

Twilight and Celestia loved the reading room the most as it contained tons of information for them to go through.

Cadance loved my backyard the most because of the various plants planted there and the 'romantic atmosphere' according to her.

Luna loved my training room the most when she laid her eyes on the punching bags and my collection of practice swords (bokken).

Heh, not surprising; considering she tried to blow my head off last night.

I also showed how the bathroom and it's appliances works.

But they weren't so interested in my garage and basement. What a shame.

Then, I took them up to the second floor where I showed them the bedrooms, my gaming room (which ALL of them seemed to love after I explained how the PS4 and how the electronics works.), and then the attic (which they all loved because instead of a regular attic used for storage, my attic is used for relaxing and stargazing.)

A few moments later, we returned to the living room.

"That was definitely worth it." Luna said as she sat down on the couch.

"Thanks!" I said as I sat next to her.

"So, what do we do now?" Twilight asked with a wide smile.

"Well, I guess I have to get you girls settled in and--"

*RIIIIIING*

"Naaaate!" Jenny's voice echoed from the other side of the door "Come out and play!"

"Oh shit!"

Author's Note:

And that was another chapter :pinkiehappy:

So, in case of you guys wondering why Twilight is so familiar with the human world is because this story happen after the events of Equestria Girls series. :pinkiesmile:

So, I am gonna move to my other ficts now; but worry not my friends, I am working on the new chapters as fast as I can. :twilightsmile:

That's all from me for now, click that star and thumb's up button if you like it and tell me your thoughts!:raritywink: