• Published 6th Jun 2015
  • 371 Views, 11 Comments

Hopes and Dreams - Forest Shade



Scootaloo has been working hard on learning how to fly, but she can't. Will she ever fly?

  • ...
8
 11
 371

The Wonderbolts! 1

"Whoa! Look at Lightning Dust! She's my favorite!" Scootaloo cheered.
Rainbow Dash smirked. "Better than me?" she said, an eyebrow raised.
" No way!" she said, snuggling up to Rainbow. "Who's your favorite, Dashie?"
Rainbow Dash blushed slightly.
"See that light blue one?" she pointed with her hoof.
"Soarin?"
"You've guessed it."
Scootaloo smiled. She knew the cyan pegasus had a crush on him.
"Now why don't we try to get their autographs?" Rainbow smiled. Seeing the excitement in the small filly's eyes reminded her of being a filly herself.

The line was a lot longer than RD had hoped, but finally it was their turn, and it was worth the wait. "Wow! Thanks a bunch, Rainbow Dash!" Scoots smiled. She hadn't had this much fun in moons. Her mane was ruffled by Rainbow.
"Anything for my little sister!" Ever since the "river incident" Rainbow Dash had taken the orange filly under her wing. Scootaloo felt honored to have RD call her a sister. "So Scoots, how about a shake? With whipped cream?" Dashie started drooling at the prospect of whipped cream.

"Yes, but Dash, please don't embarrass me like you did last time.' she begged, recalling the time where Rainbow Dash had gotten a bottle of cider and was drunk for some time, saying words Scoots had never heard before.

"Alright." Rainbow shrugged. She jumped onto Rainbow's back and they took off. Some ponies down below were crowded around Sweet Apple Acres, but Dash thought nothing of it. They arrived at Sugarcube Corner and while Dash was ordering shakes, Scoots colored in a coloring book she had gotten at the Wonderbolt show. She sighed. "If I could fly, I'd be the best in all of Equestria! Maybe better than Dash!" Her thoughts were disturbed by a shake being passed to her.

"Seriously, Dash?" Scootaloo giggled.

"What? I just wanted to see how far the Pinkie cannon would shoot me!"

"Oh, Dash! Can we go to Sweet Apple Acres afterwards?"

"Any reason?'

"No, just want to say hi to Applebloom."

"Okay."
Again they soared over clouds doing loop de loops and other stunts causing Scootaloo to squeal in delight. When they arrived, an unkempt Applejack met them at the gate. "Howdy RD, Scoots. Mind coming back later?"

"Why?" asked Scootaloo.

"Applebloom, well...she's missing."

"What?!' the two sisters shrieked.

"It's true. Last night, she went to find Zecora and hasn't returned."

"Let me help find her." Scoots suggested.

"Not now, Scoots. Okay, AJ, what did she need from her?"

As they kept talking, Scootaloo went home, feeling ignored and scared. "Where is she? If only I could fly. I know she's not dead, and I'm going to find her before she gets hurt." she said to herself. Then softer added, "If she isn't already."