• Published 20th May 2012
  • 1,561 Views, 12 Comments

The Shard of Erida: The Angel and Owlowiscious Collab - Arco Iris



Owlowiscious discovers an ancient threat...

  • ...
7
 12
 1,561

Prolouge; "Bedtime Stories"

The Shard of Erida
A collab written by: Arco Iris, Silver Sea, and Wolfy Hidge

Prologue-”Bedtime Stories”, Twilight and Spike’s Library, Late at night
Owlicious was perched on her favorite branch of Twilights hat stand reading one of her favorite books. The title read “Daring Do and the Sea Alicorn”. Owlicious hooted with delight as she finished the climactic final chapter of the story. Owlicious then let out a bit of a squeak. She was a good hour or so into the night and she had already run out of reading material! Then again, Owlicious never checked any book in the “Fairy Tales” section of the library. “Hmm…” Owlicious thought. She had plenty of time to kill; she may as well search for a tome that interested her. Owlicious picked a book at random; “Legends of the Past: Volume I A Research Document by Professor Tes Toob”. Owlicious giggled. How could Twilight Sparkle, the master of organization, have a book in the wrong section?
Owlicious flipped open to the index. “Let’s see, she thought to herself, “um…unconfirmed mysteries”. Owlicious turned to the near end of the book and read a legend that caught her eye. “The Shard of Erida (Erida is the Greek goddess of hate), she read, “The Shard of Erida, also known as The Sin Stone, The Crystal of Hate and Essence of Pain; is a magical crystal that is believed to gain energy from hate. All the pain felt by hate is copied and stored into the crystal. When the hate builds up, tremors occur”. That last part disturbed Owlicious. Unexplained tremors had been happening all over Equestria lately. Usually earthquakes occur when either dragons got REALLY bored or somepony pranked the weather control team’s orders. Owlicious pondered ant the vile thought. “Could…could this thing be real? Could all of the piled up hate in Equestria have started a doomsday clock?” She continued with the research document. “Even more to the ancient legend, it is said that a beast with the purest of intentions can reverse the effects, saving their land from their own hatred. Although unlike the other documents of beasts, plants, cultures, and magical elements, this article is near to fiction. The Shard of Erida has no evidence of being true and is just an old pony’s tale… to ponies from several centuries ago that is!” Owlicious did not give off a sigh of relief as any normal creature would. There was something about this shard that remained in her mind. What is dragging her to know that this was 100% true? Was it destiny? Fate? Owlicious yawned. “Perhaps it is best to leave it ‘til tomorrow morning” thought Owlicious.
The next day…
Owlicious awoke in a panic. Her dreams had attempted to confirm that the shard was real, and that Equestria was in danger! “I need a second opinion. This is too illogical” thought Owlicious. “HOOT!” screeched Owlicious. “Whoa!” yelled Spike as he fell out of his little bed. “Owlicious what is going on here?” asked a groggy Twilight. Owlicious motioned over to “Legends of the Past: Volume I”. Twilight opened up the book but Owlicious snatched it out of her hooves and turned to the article about the Shard of Erida. “What is this?” asked Twilight. Owlicious presented her concern through her eyes doing a kind of “sad puppy face” expression. “Bwahahahaha! Owlicious this is obviously science magic fiction! This isn’t real! Where’d you even find this old thing?” replied Twilight. Owlicious was feeling worse by Twilights behavior but crooked her 180ᵒ towards the “Fairy Tales” section of the library. “Well no wonder. Trust me Owlicious, there’s no use losing sleep over an ol-ancient pony tale.” finished Twilight.
“huhgabahernuhshoonyjgsjaajcineefen” grumbled Spike under his covers.
“Poor Spike, said Twilight “he’s still trying to catch some sleep.” Twilight returned to her bed and curled up with a book. Owlicious however, was heartbroken. Twilight had no faith her Owlicious’s assumption. If her “superior” master did not see any threat, then Owlicious will have to get 5 friends to heed her call.