• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 514 Views, 10 Comments

'Rhythm & Harmony: Fantasy Embrace' OctaScratch Prompt Collab - Divine Path



The return of the collaboration between authors, writing stories with and about the two fine musicians based on their chosen prompt!

  • ...
3
 10
 514

99 Bloated by bahatumay

Bloated by bahatumay

Octavia opened the door to her house and set her cello down. Her ear flicked. Something was wrong. It was quiet. Too quiet. Especially for how late it was. She retrieved her bow from the case and began stalking through the house, ready to deliver a punishing blow to anypony foolish enough to have broken in. She found a foolish pony, but not the one she had expected. She burst through the door, and Vinyl (who was laying on her couch) jumped at her arrival, sending her headphones skittering across the floor. Octavia sighed and relaxed her foreleg.

“Vinyl, what are you doing? And why are you on my couch?” Vinyl looked up and gave her a shaky smile.

“Yes, well, it's only more comfortable because I use mine for its intended purpose. Sitting.”

Vinyl shrugged again, but grimaced. She rubbed her tummy painfully. Octavia's ire faded into sympathy as she realized that she looked a bit bloated. “Vinyl, are you sick?” she asked. Vinyl nodded weakly. “Did you eat something bad?” Octavia asked, setting her bow down on a nearby table and nearing to brush a hoof through Vinyl's mane. Vinyl shook her head, but slowly leaned into her touch. “You drank something, then?” Vinyl shook her head. Octavia raised an eyebrow, but Vinyl's expression was nothing but innocence. She shrugged. “Well, I suppose we can start with a little seltzer water and go from there, shall we?”

Vinyl nodded, and then leaned down to burp into her hoof. It was quiet and nearly unnoticeable. Nearly. Octavia's eyes narrowed as she recognized the scent wafting through the air. “Molasses and oats, eh?” Vinyl blushed and attempted to sink deeper into the couch.

“You got into another cookie eating contest, didn't you?” Vinyl's ears turned pinker. “Even after last time?” Vinyl shrugged weakly. “I don't care if your pride was at stake. You should know better than to do something so foolish!” Vinyl averted her eyes, sufficiently chastened. Octavia sighed. “Well, I suppose it is what it is,” she murmured. “I'll go get some seltzer. Get comfortable, though. You're sleeping there tonight.”

Vinyl nodded sadly, accepting this. Octavia turned to leave, but then poked her head back in.

“You did win, didn't you?”

Vinyl nodded confidently, pumping a hoof in the air for emphasis. Octavia cracked a smile. “Good girl,” she said.