• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 512 Views, 10 Comments

'Rhythm & Harmony: Fantasy Embrace' OctaScratch Prompt Collab - Divine Path



The return of the collaboration between authors, writing stories with and about the two fine musicians based on their chosen prompt!

  • ...
3
 10
 512

96 Daft Punk by Treblemaker

Daft Punk by Treblemaker

The speakers blew. Octavia’s yelling grew much more comical now that deafness had moved in for a few moments. Wild hoof gestures, a face to quiet Celestia herself, and the pantomimed death threats only solidified the trouble Vinyl had gotten herself into. Now it wasn’t exactly her fault, she just wanted to listen to the new Daft Punk album... And test the speaker’s breaking point... At the same time. Okay, it was a little bit of her fault. RIIIINNNGGGGGGG. Oh hey, the hearing’s back. Octavia flinched at the intrusive sound, pausing the rage for a moment; only to return with the death threats growing a lot more intimidating, and detailed to boot.
  
  “Woah, Woah, Tavi, calm down maybe? No? Alright. Would it help to say that it was a new album?” Rubbing a hoof up and down the back of her neck.
  
  To which Octavia grew calm, a stoic look crossed her face. “Oh yes, I understand, that’s perfectly fine now that you explained that.” Hiding her sarcasm about as much as a lazy beaver would hold back the Rainbow Falls. Her hind hoof planted itself into the nearest speaker, despite the pair being broken just moments before. Grasping the gravity of the situation, Vinyl retreated to her room with her prized album, letting Tavi simmer for a while alone.
  
  She let out a grunt, “Consarnit, I was only half way through,” She mused, looking around the room to find another source to play the music through. Her eyes rested on the Bass Cannon. “I’m sure Tavi won’t mind.”