• Published 4th Jun 2015
  • 509 Views, 10 Comments

'Rhythm & Harmony: Fantasy Embrace' OctaScratch Prompt Collab - Divine Path



The return of the collaboration between authors, writing stories with and about the two fine musicians based on their chosen prompt!

  • ...
3
 10
 509

94 Mafia by Ratsenkio

Mafia by Ratsenkio

“Tavi, I’m really sorry.” said Vinyl. “This time I seriously bucked it up.”

“What did you do?” asked Octavia with concern. It was really rare for Vinyl to be this distraught.

“I might have asked the marefia for a little sum money. I thought I could pay it, but It seems they never intended me to. So now we have, kind of a huge debt to the marefia.” said sheepishly.

“What?” screamed Octavia, half question half reprimand, “Take me there, they are not going to mess with us.”

“But Tavi...” started Vinyl to complain, more for the safety of her marefriend than her own.

“No buts. You’re taking me there to settle this and that’s final.”
------
“Well, here we are.” said Vinyl. They now stood in front of a huge mansion that could easily be almost the same height as the princesses's castle. To Vinyl’s confusion, Octavia started to snicker and as quickly it transformed into full blown laughter.

“Oh, don’t worry Vinyl.” she said. “This is going to be easier than I initially expected.” she said as she ringed the bell.

“Who is it?” said a voice after a few moments from the communicator.

“Could you please open up? I need to see your boss” said Octavia with resolution.

“Right away!” said the voice, sounding almost frightened.
------
Once inside, they were guided to their boss, who was a gray coated pony with a jet-black mane,
he was sporting a black business suit with a black hat. The office in with he was right now was almost as long as the entirety of the mares apartment.

The old stallion upon seeing them enter smiled and stood from her seat to get closer to them,
once he was halfway he started galloping jumped right at Octavia. “Octavia!” cried Vinyl afraid for her.

“Octy!” cried the stallion at the same time as he hugged her.

“Hello, dad.” said Octavia.

“Dad!?” asked/shouted Vinyl.

“Yes, Vinyl, meet my dad, Vito Philharmonica. Dad, meet Vincenza ‘Vinyl’ Scratch.” said Octavia.

“Come on, Octy, I already told you, why don’t you call me papa like you used to?” said Vito to Octavia, he then looked at Vinyl and said “Oh, It’s
you. How do you know my daughter?” asked her in a tone that laked all the warm that it had just second ago.

“I-I’m… ah...”
“She is my marefriend dad. You know, the one that I have told you about?”

“Oh, nice to meet you.” said Vito almost mechanically, “Dad, I already know what happened. Could you please forgive her debt.” asked Octavia in a sweet tone.

“Fine, don’t worry Vinyl,” said Vito “as per request of my dear daughter your debt have been settled.”

“Phew, I was already starting to fear for our future.” said Vinyl.

“Well, now that everything has been solved why don’t we have have lunch, it’s been a while since you came to visit your old father.” said Vito.

“I’d like that, papa” said Octavia with a smile, “I’ll go ahead to the dinner room.”

Once Octavia was out of there and they ware sure she won’t be able to hear them, Vito asked; “Well now missy, why did you asked for that loan?”

“A wedding ring... ” mumbled Vinyl.

“I couldn’t hear you, may you speak a little louder”

“A wedding ring.”

“Sorry, this old stallion must be going deaf. A little louder please.”

“A wedding ring!” Vinyl almost shouted.

Vito was taken by surprise with that and after a little he said “You better make her happy, or else...”

She chuckled sheepishly and said “Yes sir.”