• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 1,325 Views, 37 Comments

The Dovahkiin - An Equestrian Prophecy - Rocky Runner



A brony named John gets forced into Equestria, and a new life, following a terrible crash on the freeway. However, his second shot at life isn't without reason. A new, dangerous villain is coming. Can John learn the Voice, and save Equestria?

  • ...
4
 37
 1,325

Meeting the Kids

Yellow Rock stopped and turned almost as soon as I had shouted. "Yes, kids. We have kids."

That was it. I fell back on my haunches and stared down at the ground. The news hit me hard. Not only was I now a mare, AND married, but I also had KIDS! ... It's like the universe decided to particularly screw with my life. I had read plenty of Human in Equestria stories on FiMfiction, but this? This has to be the most unexpected of all of them, and this time it's a real-life story! And I was living it!

Quickly, a thought entered my mind. One simple word. Discord. He was the guy of unexpectedness! Why just stick some poor sucker in some pony's body when you could stick some poor sucker in a MARRIED pony's body? Totally not what most would expect. I sure didn't.

"Hello, anypony in there?" I snapped out of thought to find Yellow waving a hoof in front of my face.

"I... I'm sorry, I just..."

"Don't apologize. You don't remember right now. I think things will quickly come back to you once you see the kids and hear their voices." ... what would he do when he found out I never was his wife? What would he do if my assumptions were right, and 'Daisy Heart' was merely dead and I now occupied her body? I... ugh, the complicatedness of it all!

"Yeah... maybe..." I was thinking ahead then of what him discovering the truth would mean to him. He'd be devastated, and likely infuriated that an imposter had continued living on in his wife's guise. His kids... I... they'd be growing up without a mother... how old were they, anyways? I suppose it didn't really matter... older-than-I-thought or young, it wouldn't take away the fact that someone completely unfamiliar to them was living in the familiar face of their mother.

We resumed our walk through Ponyville, passing by numerous buildings and ponies, many of which would wave at us and a few of them would come up and tell me that they were glad I was out. Pretty much everypony that waved or passed us I didn't recognize, most likely them being a background pony or something of the like.

Wait... I did it again, didn't I? I said pony instead of one. The hell's with that?

"Do you remember this place?" Yellow's voice tore me out of thought, and I stopped walking, and looked to find him staring at a particular spot on the road.

"Uh, no."

"It's where we first met." Oh no. He was trying to make me remember things I never did.

"Oh?"

"We were just young little foals. We didn't have our Cutie Marks then. I was playing a game of tag with my other friends when I unwittingly ran into you right there." He pointed at a particular spot on the road, for emphasis.

"You were just moving into Ponyville with your own family then. I apologized, and you did too, and one thing led to another and we became best of friends. We went to school together, we grew up together... when we became teens, we started dating. Our first kiss was, heh, at your house, actually. Your father was on me faster than Rainbow Dash can fly." He continued on to tell me about all the 'good times' Daisy Heart and he had together. He would tell me about their dates and how sometimes a certain somepony would enter the scene and things would comically go downhill from there. And all the while I did my best not to outwardly express my growing concerns.

Daisy Heart, whoever she might have been, meant a lot to this guy. Obviously, because otherwise they wouldn't have gotten married. He just kept adding on to the list of things the two had done together, and with each addition I would ever so slightly start feeling worse and worse. I could only imagine how miserable the guy would be if he realized I... if he found out the truth.

"You don't remember any of that?" Once again, his dialogue brought me back to... should I call it the real world? I wasn't sure what was real anymore.

"I... I wish I did, Yellow Rock. I wish I did." No, not really. I didn't want to be involved in somepony else's marriage, and I certainly didn't want to get lovings from another guy, and- oh bloody hell, I did it again! Ugh, it's this pony body, isn't it? I must have not only been put in Daisy Heart's body, but in her brain as well. That would explain it. I think.

He looked down again, for a brief moment, before looking back over at me. "Come on, I'm sure more familiar faces and voices will bring your memories back."

We continued walking the streets for a few minutes before he spoke again. "I do hope you find something familiar along our walk. We've had some funny memories in this particular area."

He was right, sort of. The place was familiar. But not in the way he wanted. Reason? I knew this particular area from the show. Sugarcube Corner was not far away. And damn, I could smell the goods even from all the way out here. Made me want to go over there.

"Familiar?" He asked, now standing in front of me with a grin on his face.

"Y-yeah. How could I not recognize Sugarcube Corner?" With that, he seemingly jumped for joy. I suppose I can't really blame him, but unfortunately, I didn't recognize it because I'd been there. Maybe... I should have said no.

"This is great! Already you're remembering at least something! The doc was right, it's only gonna last a short while!" Without warning, he embraced me in a tight hug.

"Um, that's great and... all, but... you're kinda... weirding me out here. And I'm running out of oxygen..." After a second, he let go, then looked awkwardly in the other direction for a moment, giving me time to regain my breath.

"How about we get home before you kill me for real?" I suggested, to which he chuckled a bit.

"Yeah. We should." He resumed walking.

I didn't necessarily hesitate to follow him. I didn't have anywhere better to go. Where was there to go, anyways? I doubted that there was a single pony, and this time I mean to say that word, in Equestria that knew how to fix my current predicament. Princesses? Maybe they did, but last I checked Canterlot sat on a mountain, and the only way to get there if you're an Earth Pony is by train. And a train ticket, like on Earth, probably cost some amount of money. Money... I didn't have.

"We're here." Damn, that was fa- oh wait... we weren't far from the house to begin with.

The house itself wasn't anything special. Pretty much your generic house of Ponyville. I honestly didn't see how these ponies even could tell their houses apart. Maybe it was because I didn't study each individual house on the way...

Yellow walked to and pushed open the door, and instead of heading in he stood to the side and motioned inside with a hoof. "Mares first." He said with a smile.

Thanks for the reminder. With a sigh, I walked inside, to find quite the surprise inside. No, sorry, as much as I'm sure all the readers would enjoy me finding Pinkie Pie inside with a crowd of ponies attending a surprise party for me, that's not what was inside. In fact, the surprise came running from a hallway somewhere within that very house.

"MOMMY!!!" Two childish voices, one male and one female, exclaimed, and moments later two tiny ponies came around the corner and lunged straight into me.

I stared at the both of them for a good moment, my jaw effectively hitting the floor (of course not literally, otherwise I'd have hit the tiny children), before I, moments later, turned to face Yellow and gave him an expression that I hoped read 'help me'. I guess my attempt paid off, as he walked over and looked down at the small children.

"Kids, could you please release your mother and sit down for a moment?" Yellow asked them.

The two children glanced nervously at each other (after releasing me), and then sat on their rumps just feet away from us.

"Kids... your mother has amnesia." You wish, pal.

"What's amn-eee-shuh?" The filly asked. Damn, that adorable voice of hers...

"It's when somepony forgets things... and can't remember them for a while. Kids... your mother doesn't remember who she is... or who you are. Who we are." Almost perfectly, the two tiny children gasped at the same time, and if I thought I was feeling bad already, I just got even worse.

"But! She's going to get better... eventually. What I know will help is if you kids told her your names so she can hear your voices, and hopefully remember some other things." Something that wasn't gonna happen. How could I remember something I never lived through in the first place?

The little filly stepped forward just enough to get a few inches closer to me, looking up at me with these adorable eyes that- ah! Ahhhh!!! It burns! The cuteness! Too much!! Aaaarrrrggh!!!!

"I'm Amber Lilly," she said, "something you should already know." Perhaps now is the time I describe the adorable little thing?

Ok, so anyone who might be reading this probably knows what I, or a.k.a. Daisy Heart looks like. Ok, well, this filly isn't that much different. Her mane and tail are roughly the same color, granted a slightly darker yellow (though near impossible to notice this upon first glance). Her eyes and coat are where you notice the difference. Her coat is a light purple color, same as her eyes. A quick glance at her flank (child predator alert!) revealed she was a blank fl- ... she had no Cutie Mark. Not that it mattered... she's still absolutely adorable.

"I'm Crimson Vision." The colt said, staring up at me with concerned violet-colored eyes. I just stared down at him, looking at his dark purple coat (which was a little less dark than mine, but not much less) and crimson red mane and tail, and once again to the flank that revealed him to have no Cutie Mark... again, not that it mattered. To me.

"How long are you not going to remember me, mommy?" Amber asked me, and my gut dropped (I felt worse) at the question.

Any doubts I had about all this craziness being real vanished right then. A small filly had just called me 'mommy'. An adult stallion had told me how 'we' had apparently grown up together, and later got married. Everypony around me, it seemed, believed I had some form of amnesia. I... I couldn't not believe it any more than I already did.

Apparently, as I would soon discover, that wasn't the only thing that would be hard to believe. And it too, would be real.