• Published 25th Jul 2015
  • 1,325 Views, 37 Comments

The Dovahkiin - An Equestrian Prophecy - Rocky Runner



A brony named John gets forced into Equestria, and a new life, following a terrible crash on the freeway. However, his second shot at life isn't without reason. A new, dangerous villain is coming. Can John learn the Voice, and save Equestria?

  • ...
4
 37
 1,325

News Flash! You're a Pony

It was probably just moments after I asked "Perhaps the doctor could tell me what was going on" that I heard and saw the door knob rattle and begin to turn. I suppose these doctors really knew when their patients awoke, huh? And then I saw who - no, what - walked in.

My jaw, if it were physically possible, would have dropped to the floor right then. In walked, of all things, a pony. What?

I'm hallucinating, I told myself, the doctors have me on some serious drugs. Oh if only that were true.

"I see you're finally awake." The pony, apparently a guy, said, stopping at the edge of the bed.

I just stared at him. It was incomprehensibly difficult to convince my brain that he was just a person and my eyes were lying to it. As I would soon discover, my eyes had not exactly deceived me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Am-" I stopped right there. That wasn't my voice that just spoke. Ok, what weird shit do you have me on, doc?!

"M-my v-voice..." I croaked, not because my neck was sore or dry, but because it hurt to hear my... feminine... voice? Oh shit. Don't tell me-

"What's wrong with your voice, Ms. Heart?" He asked- wait, Ms. Heart?! I think my heart just leapt up into my throat.

"M-ms. H-heart?" Oh God... don't tell me-

"Yes, Ms. Hear-" He stopped mid-sentence and his eyes widened. Oh no.

"Ms., how much do you remember?" He asked me.

Well, shit.

"Uhhhhmmmm..." I got hit by a semi.

He blinked, then his horn (which I only just noticed) ignited and a clipboard on a nearby table levitated over to him, along with a pen (or was it a pencil?), and the whatever-it-was began jotting down something. Great, he's gonna think I have amnesia. That's not at all what's going on here!

He looked up again and took a breath before asking, "Ma'am, do you remember what happened to you?"

I'm guessing the wrong answer is "I got hit by a semi and got turned into a mare."

"Uhhh... car crash?" I put up my best bad poker face. I was going to sound like a delusional freak.

He looked at me with a legit poker face, though in his eyes I could tell he thought I had lost my marbles. I might have, if I'm seeing ponies.

"Ms. Heart, you were trapped underneath a building collapse. It's a miracle you're even alive." To hell with that. I was hit by a fucking semi truck.

Moving on, knowing it was useless to insist I got hit by a truck, I asked the next thing on my mind. "Doctor... why can't I move my fingers?"

He just blinked at me a few times, and I think he suppressed a laugh. "Ms. Heart, you're a pony; you never had fingers."

"No, no I'm-" I silenced myself when I glanced down to my arms. Or... well... anyways, they were the same color as that dark purple thing at the bottom of my vision. I followed the arm downward until it reached an abrupt ending. I lifted my right arm and my mouth quivered as I observed the fingerless hoof that ended my arm. This wasn't a dream, I then realized. This wasn't the result of a drug. How could a mere hallucinogen make something as surreal as everything I now felt and saw?

I would have tried to calm down. Normally I would. But the brain can only take so much, though.

So, right then and there, I fainted.


When I awoke, I had the false hope I was in a normal hospital room. That hope quickly ended when I noticed the light yellow - I suppose they're not bandages - things in the corner of my vision, and the dark purple thing at the lower center of my vision. The doctor had apparently left, leaving me alone in the room. I think. Maybe there was another pony behind the curtain.

This time, I took numerous deep breaths, and tried to clear my mind.

Alright, so you're a pony now in a hospital, and who-knows-where. Get your priorities straight. What do we need to know right now?

I pondered a few seconds before noticing there was a bathroom. I glanced to my left and saw the beeping machine, though now it was off. Perhaps the physical part of my recovery was over. I silently sighed and looked at the bathroom again.

The dreaded part of most human-turned pony stories on FiMfiction... first steps as a pony. Except now, I'd actually have to do the walking, and this was the real deal. I had to accept the fact that I was most definitely going to be face-planting more than once today.

The first thing I did was take the bedsheets off of me. That exposed me to the sight of my lower parts. I shuddered.

Mini-me's gone. I shed several tears to this revelation, and I had to fight back the urge to scream out my hatred for the universe. What sadistic being would do this to a person? And of all people, why me? I didn't deserve this!

After a few breaths, I resumed my struggle out of bed, flailing my foreign limbs a bit before eventually rolling out of the bed, landing with an ungracious thud.

"Ow..." I didn't dare continue speaking. It was horrifying enough to not speak with my own voice with one word, let alone a full sentence.

Then I ran into a new problem. How the hell am I supposed to walk? I merely glanced at my four unfamiliar limbs and knew that I wasn't going to have a fun time. I had to try, though.

One hoof forward later, and I reckoned I had it covered. Wrong. I moved another hoof, and then face-planted.

Fuck my life, I inwardly complained.

A few seconds of grumbling later, I unsteadily managed to get on all fours again.

Think, John, think! How does an equine go about walking? I thought back to all the four-legged things I had ever seen move. One came to mind that moved slowly enough to recall the order of steps taken forward: an AT-AT. Of all things, I never expected a gigantic mechanical weapon of war to actually aid me in real life. Wait... could I even call- yes, this was real. I already established that.

Alright, just... right forward first, then back left. Then forward left, followed by back right. Got it? No, legs, wrong order! GAH! I face-planted. Again.

This is so much harder than I ever thought. Another few moments of grunting later, I was on my hooves again.

Again, forward right, then back left. Ok, good... so far... now forward left, and back right... aha! Got it! ... Well shit, walking's an accomplishment now...

Another five grueling minutes later (or so it felt like), I finally entered the restroom, and after failing five times to turn the light on, I gazed into the mirror.

Holy... shit... I could hardly think. What returned my stare in the mirror was... I just... I mean, it looked like the picture Five Score Divided by Four uses as its cover art! Granted... I wasn't Rainbow Dash... and also apparently wasn't a pegasus... and also had a quite different color scheme and mane/tail styles. Now, where do I even begin describing my appearance?

Let's start with the eyes!

... first off, they're beautiful. The part that was white was utterly white; I didn't see a single flaw in the color! It... was almost disturbing. My eye color had definitely changed. Before... whatever happened, I had brown eyes. Now they... they were a dark green. I just... they had the brighter part near the lower part of the iris... just... and it all looked real! There wasn't a cartoonish or flat look to anything... it was... all solid... real. I could see some of the individual hairs on my dark purple coat and bright yellow mane!

And speaking of my mane - heh, never thought "my" and "mane" would go next to each other - , it just... damn. The majority of it was hanging down on my right, and I had bangs that went to the left side of my head and nearly touched the left ear, then went downwards and ending... somewhere near where my... is it shoulder? I dunno, somewhere near the socket where my left foreleg attaches to my body. The rest of my mane, on the right side, ended roughly at the same place.

Other than that mane style, the eyes, and coat and mane color, I looked like your average, everyday- wait a minute! Cutie Mark!

I turned my body to the right, turning my head slightly left to look straight into the reflection, and now I could see my... flank. The Cutie Mark itself I can't say I recognized... actually, I had no idea what the hell it meant about my special talent. What was it? A heart. But more than just a simple red heart.

You know the Hot Wheels logo? And how that flame part runs off the tire as if it were on fire, and flame runs to the right? Well, replace the tire with a red heart, and there's my Cutie Mark. For once in the entirety of ever, I actually cared about what a Cutie Mark meant. What did it mean? More importantly... what significance did it have, if any? I mean, what exactly does a Cutie Mark like that give you? And now that I think about it, why am I caring this much?

I sighed and focused in on the reflection once more. One thing was for sure: I'm a pony. More specifically a mare. And what was also certain?

I really wished being high as fuck was the reason for this nightmare.

Author's Note:

There we go! A look at what our soon-to-be Equestria's savior is now! Any guesses as to what the Cutie Mark means?