• Published 29th Feb 2016
  • 299 Views, 0 Comments

Stagehands Of The Void - hollowsbest



I'm a Stagehand Of The Void, not as powerful as a SysAdmin; but still pretty powerful. My name is Trill, and this is my story of getting trapped within one of the Equestrian Dimensions. And preferably escaping with minimum trouble.

  • ...
 0
 299

Chapter 1 - Well Crap, Seems I won't Be Getting Much Sleep Later

I was frozen in shock, just how had they managed to get me to tell them a backstory and a fake name? I had my beak shut and nothing is going to open it, well more like was.

I shouldn't have shifted into a different form, I could've kept my void abilities if I kept my basic form of a shadow. But I stupidly followed the Stagehand Handbook for when you get felt, this is probably why so many apprentices get trapped.

Unfortunately I had visited my SysAdmin boss a few weeks ago, I wasn't going to be missed until there was a huge emergency; which wasn't gonna happen.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I glared at my interrogator; I was now forced to act and concoct a personality around what name I had given this form, Fuchsia. In honor of my eye colour, still not sure how that was managed actually.

My interrogator was a pony, surprising huh? Not really seeing as I'm trapped within the Equestrian cluster. She had a nice white coat with a crimson mane and tale, her eyes were a dark brown and her cutie mark was a blue and white shield with spikes. Unsurprisingly she was a unicorn and was somehow using her magic to force me to talk, and somehow I wasn't spouting stuff about the Void; seems I'm subconsciously stopping her attempts to access that info. Instead my stupid brain was giving her a fake name and backstory, which meant I was truly trapped here.

Luckily it made me an orphan and a loner, though I'm more of an introvert; I hate my brain sometimes.

I forcefully snapped my beak shut and continued glaring at her.
"I'm pretty sure that's illegal to forcefully drag info from the griffin you're interrogating." I said.
"Not when said griffin nearly fatally harmed one of our officers."
"That was an accident! I've told you this!"
"I'm finding that hard to believe bird-brain." The officer said, I'll think I'll call you Jackass.
"I'll have you know my brain is more like a cat's than a bird's." I replied.
She gave a grumbled and trotted to the door, she gave me a glare. "You're lucky Officer Dream Catcher didn't press charges." She said, Jackass left and I was left to stew.


If anyone was wondering why I was in a police headquarters, it was because an Officer crash landed on me and I held up my claws to try and block her; the officer was a pegasus. Which meant she came crashing down and somehow impaled herself on my claws, I missed her heart luckily. It meant I was carted off to jail without getting to tell my part of the story.

I for one knew Jackass was lying when she caid Dream wasn't gonna press charges, she was currently in a coma and so couldn't talk to anyone. She probably was trying to get my hopes up then smashing them underhoof.

I smirked and glanced at the window, my hearing was enhanced much more than the average griffin because I was a Stagehand turned griffin; most of my body was enhanced in some way but not as much than I would've if I was at full power. I growled, really wishing I was a SysAdmin of some kind; they got the perks and none of the drawbacks. If I managed to escape this unscathed I was going to try my hardest to get a promotion to SysAdmin, so I could explore without fear of being trapped.

I heard no one breathing behind the glass so I focused my telekinesis to unlock the door, all while staring at a corner. The door unlocked and I smirked, and quick rip of the wires in the camera using my telekinesis and I could go.

The camera didn't have a microphone seeing as it was on the table, a microphone was also hidden on the roof of the lamp which I also destroyed with my telekinesis. Aft destroying everything that could be used to track me, I left the room with the plan in mind to leave and forget it ever happened.

Unfortunately Jackass was walking down the corridor, probably to come back to me. I rushed her and quickly took her out by pushing a certain nerve in her neck successfully knocking her out, I left her on the floor then headed out towards the front door. But not before I found my necklace, it was the only thing that stayed constant when I shifted and I wanted it back.


I found my necklace but I also had to take out two Officers, and the pony they were moving.

I flew down the corridor, my wing falls silent and I cruised towards my way out; I sped up slightly as I spotted the foyer. I shot out the door and did a corkscrew roll as I shot through the door to freedom.

Escaping was easy, avoiding their attempts to find me was hard.


I landed on a small cloud above the police station and carefully used my wings to propel myself away, really wishing the sun wasn't rising. Most creatures (AKA Ponies) would pray to Celestia to keep the sun down for a few minutes longer, but in this SysAdmin's universe it worked like it did in most universes. Gaia goes around the sun, Celestia rotates the planet. Luna moves the moon and is much more powerful than her sister. I know this thanks to sneaking a look at the dimension logs.

I reached into my hammerspace and pulled out a fan and used that to propel myself seeing as I wanted to keep moving and my wings had already been tired out by my three escape attempts throughout the night as the ponies had been leading me to the station. I could access my hammerspace by reaching into my fluffy tail tip which actually held the opening to my hammerspace which only I could access. I could also use objects to access my hammerspace, which was a good idea if it's something big; and it's a good way to show off, and teleport using two open portals between my hammerspace.

I flicked the fan on and sped away, it was much faster than any other pegasus could fly.

Author's Note:

Trill is fully aware of the fourth wall and can shatter it, with a hammer, and stomp on the remains. She just prefers to not to, she had also lost most of her powers; which means she can break the fourth wall and talk to us, but not often. Much like Pinkie.
~Written just after the first break, as I realised most Void Dwellers can break the fourth wall.

Seeing as I had no idea what a hammerspace was until I started reading many more fanfics, I left a fairly large explanation there; I'll also leave one here. A hammerspace is like the void and you can dump anything there and pull it out again, you and only you can access it. This is how Pinkie keeps large things in her mane.
~Written after Trill grabbed the fan