• Published 30th May 2015
  • 232 Views, 3 Comments

I Never got to Say Goodbye - Jazz



What would happen if you could communicate with the dead?

  • ...
 3
 232

-III- Ploting the Unknown

"My perfect little peach, aren't you just?" Grandmother whispered to me as she saw me wake up. I had already been awake for two minutes, but I let her stroke my mane. It was my eighth Birthday tomorrow, and the day that would change my life. I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed (I now had a full sized bed, not a crib anymore) to get myself dressed. Grandmother had laid out my clothes on a chest of drawers and walked out of my room and closed it to let me get dressed. She laid out a simple, elegant, white dress. It was silky and flowy. As I put my dress on, I noticed that there was a pair of gold slips to put on. I sat on a red bench and put the slips on my hooves. I followed Grandmother's hoofsteps and walked out of my room, closing the brass door with an oaky feel to it.

"Good Morning, fair Autumn," Alfur said to me as I walked out. I nodded in reply and smiled. I glided down to breakfast, half flying, half floating. I gave my wings a flap as I smelled delicious food from the large dining room. I sat in my chair and looked at my egg filled plate. My six year old brother gave me a glare.

"Good morning, all," I said, levitating my fork. I gave a patch of eggs a stab and popped them in my mouth. They could use some pepper, so I levitated that with my horn. All of a sudden, my brother used his horn to grab the pepper. In a war of Blue vs. Yellow, I finally won. I shook my pepper on my eggs in victory. My brother stuck his fat tongue out.

"Good morning, Autumn," Father said half hearted as he ate his eggs. Mother repeated.

"So today I want to go to the movies," my brother said. "I want a large popcorn and a large soda. But, I don't want Autumn to come. She'll just ruin it! And it's not fair to the least!"

"Of course we'll go, dear. Autumn won't come. Autumn, finish your breakfast quickly or I'll have it given to the dogs. Hurry up, now! Hurry!" Father said as he had more on his plate then I, even though he started off first, and had the same amount. I was a fast eater. Or he was just a slow eater and a big talker.

I ate my breakfast, and had little conversation with the others. They slowly ate likee royals. When I had finished, I went upstairs the left grand staircase and went to the top of the castle to my room. I lay down on my bed, and opened the blinds with a yellow glow. I went out on the balcony and gazed at the sun.

I got bored, so I went to the library and took a book Daring Do by A. K. Yearling which is one of my favorite books. I flopped down on my bed and flicked through the pages. I read up until when Grandmother came in. I stared at my book page, pretending to read. I pretended she wasn't there, that she didn't come in. I pretended I was alone- like it always felt like.

Finally, Grandmother broke my trans. "Hi, sweetie. What are you reading?"

"Just a book, Grandmother," I said. "It's a novel about two pegasus ponies who adventure."

Grandmother simply nodded. She got the clue. She stroked my mane first, than left. I was still a blank flank, but I had no school like that- I went to Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. It was Summer, thank Celestia, but I was still busy with "Princess Stuff." So I sat in my room, pretending I wasn't there, while I heard my parents play with my brother. I looked over to the door as it shut, and I flew over. "Grandmother," I whispered as she gently came in. "Let's fly away."

Grandmother stepped inside my room once more to stroke my mane. "Of course dear..."