• Published 18th May 2012
  • 2,767 Views, 47 Comments

MineQuestria - sunnyday



Steve suddenly finds himself in the magical land of Equestria, and now has to save it.

  • ...
3
 47
 2,767

2: Why Are The Blocks Gone?

I really don't know what to do anymore. No matter how much I think about it, I don't know how I'll fit in among a world of talking ponies. It really doesn't make any sense how I got here in the first place. Maybe if I just retrace my steps? Okay, I was chased by skeletons, i fought off some spiders, found a stupid orb, and got att- wait, that's it, the orb! I believe that the orb was the thing that brought me here. Maybe it's still in my pocket? I checked my pocket and found that no such orb was there, and I began to panic a little. I wasn't sure why I did, maybe it was because something told me that orb was going to be the only way home. By now I've come to realize that there is no way in the Nether I am ever getting home. I hung my head low and stared at my legs in a bout of depression.

About thirty minutes later was when another armored pony knocked on the door and let himself in, stating that the Princess requested my presence in the throne room again. I got up off the bed and slowly nodded my head, following him. Once again I was in the majestic room where the princess is. I looked up to her and once again gave another bow; which is still kind of awkward due to my blockish body. I rose back up as she cleared her throat, "Steve, after a bit of thought I've decided what I'm going to do with you." I cocked my head to the side, unsure of what she was going to say next. "I think you should get situated here in Equestria. If I'm to believe what you've told me, this place is all new to you. So, I'm going to have you live in one of the towns here." I raised my hand up to object her, but she cut me off. "No, I'm not just going to throw you out there without at least a little assistance. I'm going to send you to live with mine own favorite pupil, Twilight Sparkle. She will help you discover the wonders of Friendship and help you adjust yourself to your new surroundings." She continued talking and told me about where I was going to live, Ponyville. She then told me that I had about an hour before a train would arrive to talk me there (I assumed that was some sort of mine cart in this world). "I'm going to give you a little time to explore the castle and talk to a few of the ponies here before you leave for Ponyville." She smiles at me and a pony escorts me to my room and tells me about where some of the places are in Canterlot and how to get there, I thank him and he leaves the room.

With a few hours to myself, the first thing I want to do is stroll around the castle and maybe the Canterlot Gardens after that. I look around at all the intricate detail put into the walls and ground. I myself have built many a castle, but nothing as so detailed as this one. I thought to myself for a moment, Maybe it's because of the lack of it being made of blo- I cut myself off, realizing something very, VERY, important. This world isn't made of the usual blocks, in fact, there wasn't a single cube as far as I could see. Everything was so round and strange to me. I couldn't believe I didn't notice any of this sooner! I looked at myself and then the castle walls around me, and I realized that I probably stuck out like a Ghast in the Nether (I would say thumb, but everyone seems to have a severe lack of those here). That just made me even more depressed about how I probably wont ever be returning to my home. I'll never see the square sun, the pigs, the cows, and the derpy sheep again. I tried to shake off that thought and try to admire the beauty of what was around me, but I still couldn't help but keep trailing back to it.

I finally made my way to the gardens and looked around, seeing what kind of wildlife would be hanging around here. Maybe it couldn't be too much different than back home. You know, aside from not being made of cubes. As it turns out I was actually pretty wrong, as I got down there I saw all kinds of different animals. They were all so diverse and pretty to look at that I found myself just looking at them with my mouth open in awe. After a little while one of the guard ponies approach me, but his armor was different than the rest, it looked more fancy and had some sort of purple sparkle on it. His mane was also blue with light blue streaks going down it. "Hey there," he said. "You really are different aren't you?" I just look at him for a moment, deciding whether or not to be insulted by that comment about difference.

"Yeah, I am. My name's Steve and I pretty come from another world from you." Subtle...real subtle. The pony just laughed at my comment and he started talking again,

"Well then, My name is Shining Armor and the Princess has asked me to watch over you until you leave for Ponyville to see if you pose some kind of threat to us ponies. Don't be offended, it's just a precaution." I could see why they would do something like that, I mean, they've only just met me and they've never really seen anything like me before. We walked around for a little bit, and Shining would point out different kinds of animals for me, telling me about them as best as he could. After a bit of that he started to take me over to a spot in the castle where you could almost see all of Equestria. While we were walking he asked me, "Hey," he began, "What was it like, back in your world. I heard from the princess you were the only one of your kind." I sighed, having to think about Minecraftia again really got me homesick.

"Well, to be perfectly honest. I pretty much did everything, I build towns from scratch with no one to live in them, and I defeated deadly monsters to gather resources I needed to survive. Also, I'm not exactly the ONLY one of my kind." Shining raised an eyebrow at me.

"You're not?" He asked.

"Not exactly. You see, there is ONE other. His name is Herobrine and I've only ever seen him once. He looks almost exactly like me, but his eyes are just white and he can move extremely fast. He's also got some very strange evil powers he uses to control the world and everything in it. I didn't think I'd come back alive from my single encounter with him." Shining let out a small gasp at this little tidbit of information.

"Wow, it really seems like you come from a pretty dangerous place. You'll find that things aren't nearly as intense as things sound like they are where you're from." That sounded sort of like a relief for me. There wouldn't be a whole lot of needless fighting, and I guess that would be one of the few good things of ending up here. We got up to the balcony and Shining told me to take a look around, and what I saw was absolutely amazing. The view was just breathtaking. I saw little towns and bustling cities, and I even saw one up in the clouds. The hills looked really green and the midday lighting tone just made everything that much more beautiful.

About twenty passed of me and Shining seeing some sights and getting to know each other a little. Then I looked up at a clock and realized that I should probably get moving to the train before it leaves for Ponyville. I asked Shining Armor how to get to the train before bidding him goodbye. Before I could leave though, he handed me some gold coins and told me they were called Bits and that they were the currency here and that it was enough to let me ride the train. I thanked him and began on my way. I was sprinting through Canterlot, with all the ponies looking at me and giving me strange looks. Some ponies even ran or flew away from me once they looked at me. I don't blame them though, I'm not normal to them. All I really want to do is go home...but I have to go to Ponyville. I got to the train just before they were going to leave and handed the bits Shining gave me to the unicorn in front of the door. She opened up the door and ushered me inside and told me to take a seat.

I sat down as instructed and stared outside of the window, gazing at the landscape. I wonder what's in store for me in Ponyville, and who exactly is Twilight Sparkle?