• Published 25th May 2015
  • 317 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 10 -- Ariel Dawn - shysage



The Portal has moved us to other places and other times, and we have become accustomed to the way the Portal put us where we were needed. This particular time I think the Portal actually rescued us. Well, maybe a little more...

  • ...
6
 0
 317

Chapter 19, Ariel Gone

Equestria present came into view. The music was gone... I didn't even bother looking for our Ariel... Shysage and I were both immediately crying buckets...

The Portal placed us back on the steps of Princess Twilight's castle, right where we were when we had left. Shysage was laying across the bottom step, and I was standing next to Princess Twilight at the top of the steps. We couldn't have been gone from our present very long, even though we had been in the Past maybe three years... It was freezing cold, of course, and I could see the snow on the gound.

The angry mob was still there, although most of their signs were on the ground now, and they were quiet. I heard most gasp when we came into view. Shysage was no longer a bloody mess...

And it sounded like Princess Twilight was trying to talk to them. What we heard... "...Surely you don't really want to reduce Equestria to ashes and death..."

Shysage and I didn't even bother waiting around for the answer. Almost immediately after we arrived back in our present, Shysage and I, both crying profusely; we got up, ran into the castle, down the hall and into the library, up onto the rug in front of the Portal, flopped down on our bellies, and we buried our heads together over Shysage's front legs. We just cried. We really couldn't do anything else...

We loved our Ariel deeply... We told her over and over we would never leave her... We promised her that someday we would explain everything. We told her some about our amazing friends and family here in our present, and said we would be overjoyed for her to finally meet everypony... We loved Ari as our own, because she was...

It would be a long day... It would be a long night... It would be a long... For weeks... months... years, we would be...

Our Ariel was gone...