• Published 23rd May 2015
  • 1,821 Views, 18 Comments

The Displacement of ponies across the Multiverse - DemonWolf



We see so many humans making it to Equestria as "Displaced", but what happens when a force decides to balances the tables and Displace ponies?

  • ...
5
 18
 1,821

Vinyl Scratch - Toronto Touchdown

Vinyl Scratch walked through the marketplace in Canterlot, she was looking for a new mixing board after her last one died, in a very fiery death. She may have been pushing too much power though to her speakers to get the proper wubs, then that darn pony spilt their drink on it, after that the fireponies showed up to put out the fire on stage.

“I’m now hundreds of bits in debt thanks to that foolish plothole.” Vinyl mused normally she was really good about taking things in-stride but, after that her girlfriend Octavia chewed her out.

Octavia was the most beautiful mare in all of Equestria, the two had hooked up back in college, and they had shared a music theory class together. After about three heated debates and a partner project things happened. Octavia surprised her by making the first move, the normally prim and proper classical musician had locked eyes with her during a heated debate about proper music and that there was too much bass in their song.

Vinyl tried to stare down the driven mare only to have her soft lips suddenly take hers, it was by no means her first kiss, even with a mare, but it was the best. Vinyl shocked pulled away the act bringing Tavi to the brink of tears, she hadn’t thought about Vinyl rejecting her. At that moment Vinyl had finished processing the information and tackled Tavi in a hug and another kiss.

“Good Times.” She mused to herself, turning a street corner. Still Octavia had chewed her out about safety and letting herself get stuck paying for all of the damages. She was now in the market place looking for a new mixer so that she could get back to work doing gigs. Otherwise she might have to… work in a store.

She was a free spirit and did not need to go work at such a place.

She found a small pawn shop, the windows were a little dirty, but the contents were in great condition, several of the musical instruments, a tuba with case, flute, violin, even a flugelhorn. She opened the door to the shop. Inside the shelves were lined with all kinds of objects, crystal balls, books, jewelry.

“Hello Stranger, what brings you into my humble shop?” A voice appeared from behind Vinyl. She jumped spinning in place. She found the voice belonged to a pony with a cloak covering most of his body, and a bandana covering its muzzle.

“Oh uh, just checking the place out, sweet digs.” She complemented the store it really was nice, even if it was a little dusty.

“Thank you I work very hard collecting wares from everywhere. I have more in the back, if there is something particular you are searching for?” He moved past her indicating a door leading to the back room, there was a half door blocking the way with a sign that said, “Employees Only.”

“Well dude, now that you mention it, I’m checking around for a new mixer, hoping for something really good, last one overloaded and caught fire.” She answered fallowing him to the edge of the counter, he said he would return momentarily and disappeared into the back room.

Vinyl busied herself looking around at the wares she was surprised to see that all of the jewelry and really expensive pieces were just laying out. No locks, not even any glass. She didn’t feel any alarm spells when she walked in, but she wasn’t the best with magic after all.

“Here we are my friend, I happen to have this. I’ve had it for a little while, and nopony seems to want it. If you want it I’d be willing to cut you a deal.” The merchant pony held in a hoof a large black case. Setting it on the counter he opened it to reveal one of the most beautifully crafted mixing boards. It had a stainless steel case, with black decorative notes coating it. Each one seemed to absorb the very light of the room, along the top were several controls, each very familiar to Vinyl. The merchant pony rubbed his hooves together while eyeing the case.

“Dude this is a sweet piece, there is no way I could afford it. It’s a shame is so epic.” Vinyl closed the case; if she had waited a moment longer she would have seen a small object materialize inside the case.

“Like I said, I’d love to send it off; a piece that doesn’t move is worth nothing. Please make an offer; I’m sure we can come to an accord.”

“One hundred bits.” Vinyl ran some crude math in her head.

“One hundred and twenty.” He countered quickly and confidently. Vinyl hesitated a bit,Gotta spend money to make money

“Deal.” She pulled out her coin bag before counting out the requested amount.

“Here you are, enjoy, and have a safe trip.” The merchant smiled broadly as the white unicorn stepped out the front door… into a large blizzard.


Several hours later she found her way to a club, led by the wubs, which were ok, but not great, they were missing a lot, the mixing was flat, instruments were regularly overpowering the singers. She adjusted the case with her new mixer on her back, thankfully it wasn’t all that heavy.

She went in through the back, a headache forming from exhaustion… and the poor mixing. As she kept into the back found the mixing table pushing some figure out of the way she waited for there to be a break between songs, ignoring the muffled protest from under her headphones she jacked in and began fixing the setup on the mixer.
Vinyl felt her head phones pull off as she finished remixing the board.

“What the hell are you doing?” a tall bipedal asked holding her head phones up in his hand.

“Your mixing sucks,” she said as the next song started. The difference was instantly noticeable, Vinyl used her magic to pull the headphones back on. As the song played she adjusted the levels ensuring that everything balanced, or emphasized correctly, not knowing the songs she was a little bit slow, as the song finished she turned around.

“You are not a pony, what in equestria are you?” She looked up at the tall bipedal who was talking with two other very tall bipedals, who were wearing black shirts, and black pants. They turned to her, pulled her headphones out from the mixing table, picked her up and started carrying her out. “YOU CAN’T DO THIS! THE MIXING, THE MUSIC, IT MUST BE SAVED!”

The band, whose last song she had just hijacked, came walking off stage following her.

“You guys help, you heard what I can do an a mixer, get this hairless troll to let go of me!” The two bouncers didn’t listen as they opened the backstage door and tossed her out. She sat next to a trash can shivering, damn snow, it was cold, she had no jacket, and was exhausted. A few moments later the door opened again and the lead singer of the band walked out, looking around, spotting her on the ground he approached her.


“Sup,” She said not looking up, his eyes went wide as he poked her, “Hey stop that, it’s rude.”

“Ok so talking magical pony, is real. Well that is new, you said you mixed our last set?” His face had some short bits of fur, but was mostly hairless, he wore a simple t-shirt and denim pants. He was crouched down eye level with her.

“Ya, the music was good, but the levels were all wrong, it was giving me a headache, so I decided to fix it. Probably should have asked first, but I’m exhausted.” She looked up, he seemed to have relaxed a little now, and how was he not shivering?

“Sweet, how would you like to join us as our new mixer? Can’t offer much, but may be able to get you a job, sides, don’t think you're from around here.”

“No from Equestria, you know it?”

“Nah, this is Toronto, Canada. Planet Earth.”

“Damn, well sounds good, I’ll need food and a place to crash till I can figure out how to get home, man Tavi’ is going to be so mad.”

“Sweet, I’m Stephen Stills, welcome to the band, we are Sex Bobomb.” He smiled offering her a hand up, she took it. He knocked on the door and got let back in by one of the black shirt bouncers, they tried to lock Vinyl out, only for her new friend to vouch for her.

It was a lot warmer inside, Vinyl was led through the backstage avoiding the mixing table, which had been untouched, such a waste of potential. Eventually she was led into a screening room where she saw the rest of the band she had been helping.

Stephen introduced everyone, “So this is the bad, here we have Kim, our Drummer.”

“Great a unicorn, wonder what they put in the drinks,” She had her arms crossed wearing a zip up hoodie. Her hair was red, she had freckles on her face. Unlike Stephen, she did not have any face fur.

“Our newest member, Neil, bass player.” His shirt had an ‘N’ branded on it, he was playing on some gaming device. His hair was a light brown, he also had no face fur.

“Woa, a unicorn, sweet.” His only reply to the sudden colorful pony in the room.

“Everyone, this is… I never got your name,” Stephen rubbed the back of his head in apparent embarrassment.

“Vinyl Scratch, stage name DJ Pon3. I’m a DJ from Equestria, I’ve toured all over, not quite sure but somehow I ended up here.” She nodded her head at the room in general.

“She was the one who sniped the hack off the tables for our last song. I’ve offered her to join us in the band, that cool?” He asked the room, the amount of indifference on everyone’s face was kind of depressing.

“Sure, what ever.” Kim offered, she turned to look out the only window in the room, the blizzard had picked up its pace.

“Talking unicorn mixing, doesn’t seem half as crazy as the Scott stuff.” The new name confused the unicorn a little. She turned to Stephen for an answer.

“Old band mate, bit of a jackass and an idiot, but nice guy.” Stephen answered the unasked question. “So new band buddy, tell us of yourself, what’s in the case?”

“Ah my new mixer, I got it after my last one burned down. Now that I think about it, I found myself here after walking out the door, of the old pony’s shop, crazy. So anyone know how to get me back to Equestria? I’ve got a marefriend back there and would hate for her to miss me.” She sat the case down on the table opening it up, the band huddled around it seeing the beautiful craftsmanship of the piece. Neil reached in and pulled out a small object on a silver chain, it looked like a dog tag.

“What's this?” He asked lifting it for everyone to see.

“No clue, but the back has some writing on it,” Vinyl used her magic to levitate the dog tag over to her. Kim rolled her eyes and muttered a comment about magic. Vinyl red it aloud, “ ‘I am Mistress Change, grasp this token to call upon a friend.’ Interesting, so what should we do now?”

“I’m sure, sense Stephen was the one to invite you to the band he won’t mind you crashing with him, but at this point we are just waiting for bands to finish, its round one the new Battle of the Bands.” Kim answered she looked bored still.

“What you don’t even have a roommate, can’t you take her, it's already cramped with Neil and Joseph will kill me if I bring her home.”

Author's Note:

Chapter two up, we have a DJ in a nutty world, thank ReinardToma for this he has such a nutty mind you should all go follow him or read his story or something.
Stories will continue as we think of them, as Reinard and I are both novice writers and have quirky work scheduals