• Published 23rd May 2015
  • 1,818 Views, 18 Comments

The Displacement of ponies across the Multiverse - DemonWolf



We see so many humans making it to Equestria as "Displaced", but what happens when a force decides to balances the tables and Displace ponies?

  • ...
5
 18
 1,818

Lt Commander Twilight - Sun Herald

Twilight sat motionless except for when the bouncing of the dropship moved her. She wondered again how long it had been since she had seen her friends as she double checked her weapon. Each was was securely strapped with practiced perfection. Each strap, and every latch was in pristine working order, having been well maintained after each drop. She had been taught by the best, and refused to let them down.

After a few minutes she felt the sharp jerk indicating thing were entering the atmosphere, from there it was only another ten minutes to land. This time was thanks to the advanced heat shielding and inertial dampeners, otherwise it would take almost an hour to land. Her horn glowed as she pulled up the mission data. It had taken quite a bit of practice to master using her magic to manipulate the touch based interface.

Investigation mission, go in gather intel on what happened to the colonists, see if it was another geth attack or not. She read through memorising the map, the number of colonists, materials expected to be on hand, and more. She would need to make sure this mission was perfect...Shepherd was counting on her.

-----3 Years ago-----

“What is it?” Asked a mechanical voice, slightly higher, almost feminine.
“Looks like a horse.”

“To small, and its lavander, more like a pony.”

“Never seen anything like this on any planet, is it maybe an experiment?”

“Why would it be out here?”

Twilight tried to stir from her position, her head felt like it had been ripped apart, glued together with hot tar, and then ripped apart again. After several moments she finally managed to get her neck muscles to work and she tried lifting her head.

“IT MOVED!”

The loud exclamation caused her to jerk away, and cry out, “Ow, no talky, it hurts.”

“Oh shit, it talks, we need a medivac NOW!”

Twilight blacked out again.

----Present----
The drop ship landed on the designated landing pad, it was located at the very center of the colony, with easy access ramps, great for living a easy life, horrible for any kind of defendable position. Already with practiced ease Twilight was identifying many ambush points, several sniper hide outs. Along many of the paths, there were bottlenecks great for placing traps. There was even a closed hangar bay just north of the landing platform, so many mecha could be hidden in there waiting. She eyed everything with a dangerous level of paranoia, she failed her friends once she would not fail them again.

---3 Years ago----

It had been several days since the crew of the SSV Normandy SR-1 rescued Twilight from a barren planet, the local colony had been completely wiped out by something unknown. Medical scan and some use of biotechnics proved Twilight was telling the truth when she said she had no idea what was going on.

“Ok Twilight, I just need you to repeat everything you told me one more time for the record. Then we will find out what we are doing with you from there.” Shepherd told Twilight, despite his militaristic personality and mannerisms, he had proven to be very gentle and kind. These were very welcome traits for the recently displaced pony.

“I was with my friends in Equestria, we were in the middle of a fight with the beast Tirek. He had absorbed all of our magic, even that of our princesses. Discord gave me this medallion,” She held up the triangular medallion that hung from her neck, “Then there was a bright flash, a shadowy dragon figure. Then pitch darkness. After that I awoke to voices on the barren planet.”

“Thank you Twilight, I promise we will be doing everything we can to help you. Please rest you still look tired,” Twilight exited the room finding her bunk back in the medical bay.

She had a small collection of papers scattered about, drawings of her friends, she wasn’t perfect but they were the right idea. She resumed writing notes about what she had learned about this world, it was a welcome distraction, even if she was forced to write with her mouth. She sighed looking at her blank flank, where her cutie mark should be.

“I’ll find a way to make this all alright everypony, I promise.” Twilight laid her head on a pillow and drifted off to sleep.

----Present----

Twilight viewed her back up, a Female Turian recruit Ruteia Duvilus trained with pistols and assault rifles, and Steven Halton a human specialist in Biotics and Tech, equip with only a SMG.

“It’s too quiet,” Ruteia said sweeping the area much like Twilight.

“That’s what we’re here to see about,” Twilight said walking down a ramp to the dirt.

“It seems all power stations are shut down,” Steven said staring at his omni-tool, “looks like we’ll have to turn them on to get any information, we have one in the west barracks and a generator by the agri-unit to the south of our position, highlighting them now.”

Twilight’s HUD displayed and arrow to her right and one right in front of her in a quick build shelter, “Let’s get the one to the south first.”

“Aye ma’am,” the two bi-pedals said taking up defencive positions on either side of her. Her magic leveled her M-32 Crescent SMG. The squad advanced cautiously keeping constant lookout for attackers. Twilight walked up to the generator and used her Omni-hoof to trigger the machine’s activation sequence.

“One down, one to go. Keep an eye out, I don’t like the looks of the barracks,” Twilight stated advancing with her team back towards the barracks. As they neared Ruteia and Steven took up flanking positions by the door. Nodding Twilight dropped behind a canister for cover, changing out to her Sun Herald sniper rifle.

When Steven opened the door the first thing that Twilight saw was a bi-pedal creature, unlike anything she had seen in the galaxy yet. It had a large wide head and looked robotic with a slightly organic movement to it. It took her but a second to recognize the menace from the rough briefing she had from Shepard, “Collectors take em down!” Twilight ordered unleashing a round into the back of the collector’s head area blowing clear off.

“Think I know what happened to the colonist,” Steven said ducking to cover as collectors started marching out from all over the colony.

“What was your first clue?” Ruteia piped back laying down a quick suppression fire.

“Cut the chatter you two,” Twilight stated taking the head off of another collector, before quickly changing to her SMG and teleporting into the barracks. A surprised collector found half a clip of ammo in it’s chest as it fell dead the corpse burning from the wounds, “I’m going to see what they wanted in here you two keep me covered.”

“Aye ma’am,” they chorused with a snicker as Twilight began pulling up data from the terminal.

Outside Steven was having fun, he had managed to use his powers to make a warp point and had half a dozen collector snipers stuck in it. Ruteia had just mowed down three collectors that had been trying to flank them. More collectors seemed to appear starting to outnumber the three of them.

“Ma’am we’ve got more company than we have food for,” Steven said as he threw a collector into the advancing horde.

“I’ve got the data, clear a path to the LZ and we’re out of here,” Twilight said spraying bullets at the collector horde. Each target hit started to burn with a silver flame from there wound. Using the fire as a temporary barrier the team cut a path thru the collectors to where the drop ship had left them.

“Team Lavendar returning to shuttle we are coming in hot be ready for take off as soon as we get there,” Twilight said over her command bead.

“Aye team leader engines are hot ready to leave when you are,” the pilot replied as the team heard engines start up over the sound of gunfire. Leaving a burning pile of bodies behind her Twilight lead point with the team cutting a swath thru the on coming collectors. Steven and Ruteia jumped into the shuttle then covered Twilight as she jumped in.

“Well, always fun with you around Twi,” Ruteia said relaxing into her seat.

“That was not fun,” Twilight stated before going thru the data she had retrieved, “that was the start of a trap.”

“Twilight doesn’t like to goof around, when away from the commander that is,” Steven said making adjustments to his omni-tool.

“Why’s that?” Ruteia asked, quietly ignoring the glare they got from their LT.

“Not sure, it often seems like he’s her only friend on the ship, though she does have some friends they were all part of the Commander’s original team. Anyway when we get back to the ship I’m gonna get a drink, join me?” Steven spoke without looking her in the eye.

“Um, Sure,” Ruteia said taken back by the change in subject. Nether of them saw the small tear fall from Twilight’s eye, a tear from looking at her triangular golden medallion.


“Why if it isn’t little Twilight,” the turian in blue armor said bending down to give her a hug.

“Garrus what happened to your face?” Twilight asked giving him a hug that rivaled Pinkie Pie strength.

“Meh I took a rocket to the face,” Garrus said releasing the little pony.

“Twilight how was your mission,” Shepard asked walking over from the doctor.

“Collectors were there, they seemed to have been looking thru the colony data, but I’m not sure what they were after,” Twilight said saluting him.

“You can relax Twilight, we’re not Alliance right now,” Shepard said as he knelt down to get a copy of the data from her.

“Habit Commander,” Twilight said giving him the copy, “so Garrus what brings you under the call of the xenophobic Cerberus?”

“A favor to Shepard, I’ve been invited to join the reaper hunting party,” Garrus said with a smirk.

“Commander are the others coming?” Twilight asked referring to the old crew.

“Not sure yet, but we’ll see,” Shepard said, “I’m going to review this data take it easy for a bit.”

“Yes sir,” Twilight said prancing around Garrus, “so can we go hang out?”

Lt Commander Twilight, I, Nuada, seek your aid, Princess Celestia has been taken and I need a space faring vessel to rescue her. With that Twilight’s necklace glowed.

“I remember that, looks like we’ll have to wait to catch up,” Garrus said nodding to her and walking away.

Give me 20 minutes I’ll be right there.

Author's Note:

First chapter we have a Displaced Twilight Sparkle please message ReinardToma or myself for summoning,

This will be co written by the two of us so please follow him