• Published 18th May 2015
  • 2,696 Views, 29 Comments

A Dark Heart - SonataDusk19

  • ...
6
 29
 2,696

Sonata's Odd Behavior

Months after the Dazzlings have been defeated the former sirens sit at their table. Aria is reading a batman comic, Adagio is playing with her hair, and Sonata is staring at the taco's before her. She stares at them, her interest with the Mexican dish before has dissipated. Adagio looks at Sonata with deep concern.

"Sonata? Are you feeling okay?" Adagio asks. Sonata doesn't respond to Adagio she just stares into the blank abyss. Aria finally gets her nose out of her comic book to see Sonata in a daze. She didn't see this as abnormal behavior, until she see's the two taco's that have not been eaten. Aria's expression grew with worry along with Adagio's.

"Sonata, please say something!" Adagio begs. Sonata blinks for a moment before looking at the her two friends.
"What is there to say?" Sonata asks with complete anger. Adagio flinched never before had she heard Sonata use such anger. Aria is in a state of shock, there fore not saying a word while Sonata glares at them both. Both Aria and Adagio dazes ended when Sonata leaves and slams the door to her room.

"What has happened to Sonata?" Aria asks with deep worry. Never before has she cared about Sonata, but after their defeat she started to get feelings for her. Adagio gives Aria a look of confusion.

"When did you start caring?" she questions the violet siren across from her. Aria's cheeks began to turn into a light pink hue, and Adagio understood.

"You fell for her," she whispered. Aria sighs. She would have been angry and tell Adagio to keep her mouth shut. Although she was a bit to concerned for her crush that locked herself into her room. This is not Sonata's normal behavior. Aria thought looking up the stairs and questioning if she should go up there or not. She decides not to, she didn't want Sonata to snap at her like she did to Adagio. Aria came back to reality when she heard Adagio get up from her seat.

"I'm going to talk to her," Adagio said with complete confidence. Aria only nods to her wishing her luck in her head, Adagio cautiously went up the stairs and creeps up on Sonata's door. Adagio knocks softly and the door unlocks allowing Adagio to come in. Once Adagio is inside she see's Sonata's room is clean for once. All the years she lived with Sonata her walls were covered with Sapphire Shore posters. Now the walls are bare and on her night stand is a cracked picture frame. Adagio studies it. She smiles a bit warmly seeing the Christmas picture they took together. She then grew unsteady about it. Why was it cracked? How did it become like that? Adagio thought, although her attention dispersed from the picture. She eyes Sonata who seems to be nonchalant.

"Sonata what's wrong?" Adagio asks calmly. Sonata looks at Adagio.

"I'm just a bit angry," Sonata replies looking at the wall ahead of her. Not even looking at Adagio.

"Why? What happened?"

"You should know Adagio after all those insults you called me, I'm surprised you care," Sonata said with no emotion in her tone. Adagio is quite frightened by Sonata's calm emotionless tone.
"I didn't mean any of the words I said." Sonata scoffs at the orange haired girl, she turns her head and her baby blue hair swings with her movement.

"I think you did, now get out or I'll force you to get out!" Sonata growls in a bitter tone. Adagio almost starts laughing.

"What are you going to do?" Adagio mocks. Sonata sighs taking a deep breath and glares at Adagio. She gets off of her bed walking toward the orange haired girl. She raises her hand and smacks Adagio across the face. Adagio fell to the floor due to the impact of the smack she looks at Sonata with tears.

"GET OUT!" Sonata yelled her majestic pink eyes turn into a sickly crimson red. Fear takes over Adagio and she runs out of the room and the door behind slams to a close. Aria nearly coming up the stairs is pushed down by Adagio, and both of the girls tumbled down the stairs. Aria groans in pain her ribs sore from the violent push she received from Adagio. Adagio gets off the floor and gasps in panic kneeling down before Aria.

"Aria! Oh my goodness I'm so sorry!" she said and Aria looks at her.

"It's okay, but what happened to you? Wait did Sonata slap you?" Aria asks in shock. Adagio nods with sadness and sighs.

"I think the pain we caused her is starting to show." Aria felt guilty and wanted to apologize, but at the same time she knew it wasn't the best idea. Aria and Adagio sit on the couch wondering what they were going to do.

"I might have to call Sunset to see if she can help." Aria groans with aggravation.

"What can your girlfriend do? Sonata might throw her down the stairs," Aria said with anger. Adagio looks at her with seriousness.

"She knows some things about friendship, she might be able to help. And never say anything bad about her again," Adagio growls dialing Sunset Shimmers phone number.

~*~

Sunset Shimmer is at Pinkie Pie's house. She is reading a book when her phone vibrates. She takes it out of her pocket and answers it with a cheerful hello.

"Hey Adagio what's up?" she asks with glee hearing from her girlfriend. Rainbow Dash was playing a game, but decides to get off to show respect towards her friend. But soon grew with concern when she saw Sunset's angry glare.

"She did what?!" Sunset asks with complete rage. Her yell rang through out the house and the other came in.

"What in tarnation?" Applejack asks and she see's Sunset on the phone, but couldn't help notice the red hair girl's fists in balls. She knew something is up.