• Published 15th May 2015
  • 418 Views, 35 Comments

One Little Letter - The Human Pinkie



This is a interactive series of letters between characters in the Friendship is Magic universe. You decide the pairings! All pairings will be done at one point! (Inspired by "Just a Note")

  • ...
0
 35
 418

A Glimmer of Hope

Dear Double Diamond,

I'm really sorry for my actions. I just wanted everyone to behappy. I just wanted to keep seeing those wonderful smiling faces everyday, even if I had to lie to do it.

My mother always told me that everypony was the same. She said that everypony, no matter how different they were, were still ponies and we should treat them the same. She couldn't have known that was her gravest mistake.

I took my mother's words to heart. Suddenly, I found myself using that old stick to take cutie marks away with my magic. I knew I had to keep my cutie mark in order to keep the act up, so I covered it up with an equal sign as well as everypony else I met from then on. I had finally done it, I had finally made the "perfect" town. I was so happy that day. I had finally made, for the time we spent together, a glimmer of happiness in someone else's day, including yours.


When the princess and her friends came to town, at first I was overjoyed, but then everything that happened, happened and my whole world crashed down on me. I had tried to help you, make you feel happier, and yet, you left me for dead. I can only hope to see you again, but I know that won't happen.

I got so mad when you guys betrayed me, mostly at myself. I wanted to die for being so terribly, terribly wrong. I teleported to the mountains, and I still am in the mountains, freezing and shivering in the cold to punish myself for what I've done.

Sure, I lied, I cheated, I was strict, I hid in the shadows, and I made mistakes, but it was all for you and everypony else in our town. Maybe someday you'll realize that I was trying to help you, and maybe someday I'll live up to what Twilight said and fully accept that I was...wrong. I'm sorry.

With a glimmer of hope,
Starlight Glimmer