• Published 13th May 2015
  • 892 Views, 1 Comments

Celestia and Luna's Sister - Karapony



Cherish is Celestia and Luna's older sister, and this is her story of where she was for the past couple thousand years. Frozen in time till a few days after the Return of the Crystal Empire.

  • ...
2
 1
 892

Her Story

Life for the sisters was wonderful and full of love, till a great war broke and chaos threaten to spread across the land. Cherish’s parents had to leave to help the other alicorn’s save equestria and left Cherish to care for her two younger sister. Many weeks had past and Cherish was starting to get worried. She would cry a little at night not knowing what had happened or what is going to happen. In front of her sister she had a smile and stayed strong, after all she didn't want them to worry.

One day while they were all playing in the courtyard, Cherish noticed black smoke in the distance, and it was moving towards the castle. Celesta and Luna hid under her legs,

“what is that”, Celestia ask.

“I’m not sure”, Cherish answered.

“Come on girls, let us go inside to be safe.”

Cherish got Celesta and Luna into the small garden room in the center of the castle. The room had all kinds of beautiful plants and flowers Cherish created, and a beautiful glass ceiling so that Cherish could control the temperature and weather inside. Cherish took a little black seed and placed it in the middle of the floor, then she used her magic and created a beautiful bush that had many different berries growing on it.

“Ok, Tia and Luna I want you girls to hide in this bush till I come back. All the berries are safe to eat and will re-grow quickly so eat as many as you would like. An Tia your in charge till I get back.”

The 2 little fillies walked into the bush, it was like a secret room cover in leaves and berries. Celestia poked her head out;

“Cherish, where are you going”, she asked with a sad look on her face.

“I’m just going to see what that smoke is and take care of it. I wouldn’t worry Tia, its probably just a small fire so it won’t take me long to put it out and come back for you.”

Celestia and Luna both ran up to Cherish and Hugged her.

“Promise you’ll come back” Luna said softly with a little tear in her eye.

Cherish hugged them both tight, “I will, I love you both so much. Now, back into the bush were you will be safe.”

Cherish walked out the castle doors, she took a deep breath, opened her wings and started to fly towards the smoke. As she got near she saw a huge red and black Dragon burning a small town;

Yelling “THIS IS MY LAND NOW!”

The dragon thrashed his spiked tail and crushed the houses to rubble. Ponies ran in fear trying to stay out of his way, and alive. The Dragon looked up and saw Cherish flying just above him;

“I SEE THAT NOT ALL THE ALICORNS ARE GONE.”

‘Gone’, Cherish thought to herself.

“What do you mean gone?” she asked the dragon.

He let out a cruel laugh.

“THEY ALL DIED IN THE CHAOS WAR. I CAME HERE TO CLAM LAND FOR MYSELF BUT NOW I GET THE GIFT OF KILLING THE LAST ALICORN.”

The dragons shot fire towards cherish. Cherish dodged the attack;

‘I can’t go back to the castle or he will find Celestia and Luna and I can’t fly away and leave him to rampage and destroy pony lives.’

Cherish knew what she had to do, to save the ponies of the village and most importantly to keep her sister safe she would have to fight and win. She knew that if she were to lose, he would not only finish off the ponies of the village, but he would most defiantly find the castle and her sisters.

With a deep breath, Cherish attacked the dragon with her magic. The dragon simply brushed it off with a smile on his face. He started to attack back, Cherish dodged the best she could, but was hit by his tail and toss like a rock though several trees. She tried to stand up but her back leg was broken and ribs were cracked. Cherish looked up at the dragon who was now standing feet from her.

“WORTHLESS. I EXPECTED MORE.”

As the dragon blasted fire towards Cherish, she teleported above a tree just behind him, flying just out of sight.

‘How do I win this, every time I hit him it doesn't seem to faze him' she thought to herself.

“WHERE DID YOU GO LITTLE ALICORN!”

The dragon started to get angry knowing he had missed his target. He started to rampage again this time, destroying the Forrest.

‘I got it, I will use my vines and destroy him from the inside, now all I have to do is get him to swallow some seeds.’

Cherish thought to herself. She used her horn and started to create vines from seeds that were on the ground, the vines started to wrap around the dragon. He seemed unfazed and yet happy that he found his prize.

“I FOUND YOU, NOW YOU AND YOUR LITTLE PLANTS ARE FINISHED.”

Cherish quickly wrapped her vines up the dragons body and towards his mouth, flowers started to bloom at the tips of the vines and seeds stated to spread everywhere. The dragon laughed;

“IVE WON THIS”, he said as he whipped his body around ripping up the vines and hitting Cherish with his tail.

She smashed through tree crashing into the side of a small mountain, rocks falling on her. Her wing and front leg now broken, she couldn't move. The dragon stood above her with a smile

“NOW YOU CAN’T ESCAPE ME.”

Cherish’s horn started to glow and she had a smile on her face.

“ARE YOU HAPPY TO DIE LITTLE ALICORN”, the dragon asked.

Suddenly, the dragon grabbed at his gut and let out a painful scream,

“WHAT!”

Cherish had a tiny laugh

“I've have won this. You swallowed some of my seeds, and even if I die, you will die too. They will not stop growing, till your body, has been cover from the inside out, in my vines.”

The dragon started to collapse in pain, causing more rocks to fall on Cherish and cover her completely. His rage over took him and he started to blast fire toward the rock pile, causing it to crystallize. Cherish was now frozen in time, and the dragons body became nothing more than a pile of vines.

Back at the castle the Celestia and Luna continued waiting for their sister to return. As the sun started to set the little fillies fell asleep. Without Cherish’s magic, the garden started to slowly die. Celestia quickly woke up and looked out the bush.

“Oh no”, she said softly.

The once green garden was now brown and dying. Celestia started to run towards the door.

“TIA!” Luna yelled

As she followed quickly behind her.

“Go back in the bush Luna. I’m just going to see if I can find Cherish.”

“No. Please Tia I don’t want to be alone.”

Celestia Hugged Luna,

“Ok but stay close and make sure no one see’s you.”

When the 2 sisters got outside, Celestia noticed that the smoke was still there.

“Cherish has to be there.” Luna said.

Celestia agreed and both the little fillies started to make their way towards the smoke. As they approached the town, they didn't see their sister anywhere.

“Looks like a big fight happened”, Celestia said as she pointed to a broken tree path.

“I hope Cherish is ok” Luna spoke with worry in her voice.

The 2 sister started to run down the path, not worried at all about the danger they might face, but with hope that they might find their sister. The 2 fillies stopped at what appeared to be a giant hill made of vines.

“If this is where the path ends then where is Cherish”,

Celesta asked as the 2 started searching the area.

“CHERISH!” the girls started to yell.

They started to walk around the hill and as they reached the other side both the fillies stopped and gasped.

“CHERISH!” Luna yelled as she ran up to the crystal dome Cherish was sealed in.

“No, you promised you come home.”

Celestia said with tears running down her face.

Celestia and Luna stayed a few days near the crystal tomb of their sister. One day, Celestia stood up and looked at Luna,

“Let’s go. We have to see if we can find mom and dad so they can help us.”

Luna hesitated at first but then stood up and agreed. The 2 sister covered the crystal tomb with dirt and moss from the forest ground.

“Now she will be safe.”

Celestia said towards Luna to try and cheer her up a little. Both the little fillies said their goodbyes to Cherish and started their quest to find their parents.

Author's Note:

Princess Cherish is created by Stephanie Lynn Nowak
Pony name KARA