• Published 11th May 2015
  • 480 Views, 2 Comments

Fall Semester - Yosh-E-O



It's 'Bring Your Sibling to School Day' at Pint and Bucky's school! What a perfect chance to introduce their friend, Fall, to education outside of the orphanage.

  • ...
 2
 480

Chapter 5 - A Warm Welcome

“Good morning, class!” announced Ms. Star as she trotted to the front of the room. “Do we have any special friends with us today?”

Candy Cloud giggled as she nudged Fall.

“Raise your hoof,” she said.

Fall raised her hoof into the air.

“Oh, wow!” awed Ms. Star. “It looks like we have lots of new friends today!”

Fall looked around and noticed at least three other kids sitting at one of the purple tables raising their hooves.

“Those who brought their sibling, please raise your hoof,” stated Ms. Star.

Students at the blue, yellow, orange, and red tables raised their hooves. Each were asked to introduce their sibling and each visiting filly or colt received a greeting from the school.

“…And this is my, uh, cousin, Fall,” stated Bucky as his turn came to introduce their brown, Pegasus friend.

Fall couldn’t believe how she, too, got such a kind greeting. They said her name without adding any negative words she had become so used to hearing in association to her name.

“I really like your pigtails,” commented Ms. Star. “That headband is adorable, too!”

“Thank, you…,” said Fall as she noticed how Ms. Star had her mane tied up in bows and how she had a cute, pink ribbon on her tail.

“Ms. Star is so nice,” stated Candy Cloud. “She always notices when we get our mane’s cut, or get new toys, or all sorts of things.”

Fall was speechless.

“Okay,” said Ms. Star. “If we want to have morning recess we need to get some work done.”

The aid went about to each grouping of colored tables and distributed a matching, colored folder to each student.

“Ms. Dovetail is returning all your work folders to you,” stated Ms. Star. “I have put some notes on each for you to work on so you can keep growing those young minds of yours. So open your folder, read the notes, and if you have any questions, please raise your hoof and either I, or Ms. Dovetail, will come and help you.”

Fall was surprised to see a purple folder placed in front of her. She was so excited to open it up and read what was inside. But she didn’t see many words at all. Just pictures with words describing them.

“I think that’s a house,” pondered Candy Cloud while pointing her hoof at the picture in which Fall could clearly read the word ‘House’.”

“I’m going to be working with each of you to learn the words that go with what we see everyday,” stated Ms. Dovetail.

“Could I get some help?” asked River Runner from one of the other purple tables.

“Raise your hoof, River Runner,” the white Pegasus with a white mane stated in a calm voice.

River Runner raised his hoof.

“Yes, River Runner?” asked Ms. Dovetail.

“May I get some help with my work?” he asked.

Ms. Dovetail smiled. “Would you like if your friend from the Blue Class, Marbles, came to help you?”

The colt named Marbles was already getting out of his seat as Ms. Dovetail said this.

“Okay, Marbles,” the soft-spoken Pegasus stated. “Helping your friend with the words will also be good for you in learning your ‘Sight Words’.”

Candy Cloud began to fuss.

“What’s wrong?” asked Fall.

“This doesn’t make sense,” she pouted.

“Uh,” said Fall. “Is it okay if, I, uh, help?”

Candy Cloud smiled and raised her wings as she said, “You know what some of this stuff is?”

Fall smiled as she put her hoof upon one of the pictures and read, “Ba-Urd. Bird.”

“That’s ‘Bird’?” asked Candy Cloud.

Fall nodded.

“Wow!” proclaimed the pink Pegasus. “You’re smart!”

“Candy Cloud,” said Ms. Dovetail. “Why don’t you work with our new friend here for the day.”

Candy Cloud squeaked with joy. She then scooted her chair right beside Fall.

“Any pony else need some help?” asked Ms. Dovetail as she walked about the purple, blue, and green tables.

Author's Note:

This is the 5th story in the "Fallen Angel" series. Some details have changed since the inception of the story so please don't mind any slight variances between what the characters know and don't know. Particularly on Pint's part.

The characters are continually getting updates to improve upon the telling of their story. Though these are minor changes in which do not impact the story's whole. We hope you enjoy it.