• Published 11th May 2015
  • 480 Views, 2 Comments

Fall Semester - Yosh-E-O



It's 'Bring Your Sibling to School Day' at Pint and Bucky's school! What a perfect chance to introduce their friend, Fall, to education outside of the orphanage.

  • ...
 2
 480

Chapter 2 - Fear of the 'False Foal'

“School?” asked Fall as she looked at her friends through the orphanage fence that separated them.

“Yeah!” Pint exclaimed. “You’d be my baby sister!”

Fall blinked her blue eyes and put her hoof to her muzzle.

“You mean…,” she nervously mumbled. “A ‘False Foal’?”

Pint felt his stomach turn upon noticing Fall begin to quiver.

“Uhh…,” he said rocking from side-to-side. “Umm…”

Bucky stepped closer to the fence and said, “How does being my little cousin sound?”

“But…,” Fall said as tears welled up in her eyes. “I’m not a foal.”

Pint and Bucky could tell they were somehow hurting Fall’s feelings.

“It’d, uh…,” Pint tried to say. “Be pretend.”

“Yeah,” added Bucky. “We know you’re not a foal.”

Fall lowered her head.

“Fall,” said Pint as he, too, began to cry. “I’m sorry.”

“…,” Fall sighed. “It’s not your fault that, I… I’m a ‘False Foal’.”

Tears dripped from Pint’s eyes as he put his hooves against the fence.

“Fall…,” he said.

“You should go,” she said with a sniffle.

“No,” replied Pint. “I can’t leave you like this.”

“We can’t leave you like this,” added Bucky.

Fall looked up and sniffled.

“Why…?” she asked.

“Because,” stated Pint as he allowed the tears to roll down his face. “You’re our friend and friends are there for each other.”

Fall thought back on all the times in which Pint and Bucky had referred to her as a ‘friend’. Her mind gradually filling with warm thoughts that replaced the sad ones in which she was so used to having associated to herself within the orphanage.

“Friends,” she said softly.

“That’s right,” Pint said while wiping the tears from his eyes. “We’re your friends.

“And always will be,” assured Bucky. “You tell me if anyone in there ever gives you any trouble and I’ll teach them a lesson!”

Fall gasped.

“I…,” she said. “No pony deserves to be hurt.”

Pint felt Fall’s hoof touch his through the fence.

“Fall?” he asked as his tear-filled, green eyes looked into Fall’s hopeful-looking, blue eyes.

“I…,” she said while facing Pint. “Could I…. Would it be… Bucky’s cousin?”

Pint felt his heart raise as he looked towards his amber-haired, Pegasus pal.

“Certainly,” he said proudly. “We Pegasi have to stick together.”

Fall smiled. The rest of her tears and sorrow taken away with one last snort through her muzzle.

“Thank you,” she said as she moved her glance to Bucky and then back towards Pint. “Is that, okay with you?”

Pint nodded as he kept his hoof against Fall’s through the fence.

“Yes,” he said. “What matters most is that we can show you what a real school is like.”

“Do you even have school here?” asked Bucky.

Fall lowered her hoof and sighed.

“I..,” she said. “I’m not sure…”

Bucky and Fall said nothing.

“That’s why…,” she said while looking to her friends. “I want to see your school.”

Pint and Bucky both smiled.

“I… trust you,” stated Fall. “If you think going to your school will help me, I want to go.”

Pint nodded and stated, “It’ll be a great day. I promise.”

“And I’ve always wanted a little cousin,” added Bucky. “Even if it is just pretend.”

The three spent the rest of the visit planning out how they’d get Fall out for the day and how much fun it would be for all of them to have her there.

Author's Note:

This is the 5th story in the "Fallen Angel" series. Some details have changed since the inception of the story so please don't mind any slight variances between what the characters know and don't know. Particularly on Pint's part.

The characters are continually getting updates to improve upon the telling of their story. Though these are minor changes in which do not impact the story's whole. We hope you enjoy it.