• Published 13th May 2015
  • 291 Views, 1 Comments

Rose of Dawn - AshenTerra



Many people believe that in order to have an adventure that you’ll be given some thing from a man, die in one way or another, get lost somewhere, or go through a portal. My story is a bit different. Who am I? I’m Dawn Rose

  • ...
 1
 291

Prolog

In a house by the woods two kids sat in their room, one reading her book, the other lying awake on his bed, the young girl, Victoria and her twin brother Sam had recently gotten back from their grandparents house, with nothing to do.

Victoria sighed and looked out the window out into the woods, the stars had just started to appear when their Mom called them to go to sleep, sighing once again Victoria closed her book and got up as she walked over to the light switch she saw an old drawing she had made last year for a comic she wanted to make, Rose of Dawn, which follows Dawn Rose, a 15 year old, half fox half human girl unwelcomed in her village of birth for her race and her powers over stone and shadows. Though Victoria loved to make the comic she was never able to find the time to fully complete it.

With the lights off Victoria and Sam fell asleep, for what seemed seconds later they were jolted awake from shouting and sirens in the distance, Sam and Victoria's parents came running up to their room, telling them to grab the most important things they could and hurry outside, with their arms full they ran to where their father was waiting on the opposite sidewalk and watched in horror as their neighbor's house lit up the night sky, the blaze wasted no time bruning anything near it including their house.

After getting over the shock of the fire, Victoria realized that her drawing, Dawn Rose was still in her room, panicked she ran towards her house only to be caught by her father.

"Dad! Let me go I left something in there!"

"I can't it's too dangerous. I'm sorry but there's no way you can get it, it's too late."

"Please Dad! It took hours to draw her."

"No! You could die! That's not a chance I'm willing to take."

"No! No no no no!" With the tears running down Victoria's face she watched as part of her house collapse. With a stinging pain in her chest she turned away and walked to where her Mom and brother were waiting. As the sirens got louder Victoria sat down and cried letting her Mother stroke her hair, giving her comfort telling her that everthing will be alright.

In another world unknown to Victoria and her family, a battle was beginning to taking place between the god of chaos, Discord, and two sisters, Celestia and Luna, to free Equestria from Discord rule. Along with their powers and skills Celestia and Luna held six crystal relics known as the Elements of Harmony, that held the power to defeat any foe the bearer's face.

To Discord the little scene was hilarious causing him to laugh, “Oh! How wonderful it is for you to join me, Tia and Lulu, now we can finaly have our little tea party, it’s long over due you know."

Celestia, unamused by Discord's antics, shouted in her commanding demeanor, "Discord! Your rule of terror is over, shall you not back down at one, we will be forced to show no mercy.”

“My, my, Tia you have no sense of humor, lighten up, besides you won’t defeat me, what makes you think you will win, unlike the last 9 times you lost.”

Smirking, both Celestia Luna brought out their elements, “With these.”

“The Elements of Harmony.” Luna shouted, as the elements began to glow and rotate around their bearers.

“Oh just look at yourselves so sure your going to win, I think I’ll die of laughing, it’s just too funny,” Discord taunted, unaware of the power the elements held. Only realizing his mistake as a rainbow beam was hurled towards him.

As he was slowly started to be encased in stone he decided to use the last of his power to bring chaos to Equestria and the one's that imprisoning him. With that he looked to the void and saw a girl crying in front of a burning house, turning his attention to the house he found a drawing of fox-like girl crouched as if ready to fight, and with a snap of his fingers he looked up at the two that had bested him and laughed saying one last thing.

“This is not over Tia and Lulu. I will return and I will win, but for now I leave you a parting gift. Ahahahahah…” With that Discord was fully encased in stone.

With uneasiness in both Celestia and Luna they dared not to break the silence, waiting for what ever last attempt Discord may have used to finish off the royal sisters. Seconds passed and went nothing happened, only then Luna dared to speak.

“Sister, what does doth mean by parting gift?”

“In truth Luna, I do not know, for now we must not worry. As their is much we must do to prepare.”

With that they took off towards the Place of the Two Sisters, Celestia to prepare that citizens they could to be ready for the next danger that Discord sent, and Luna to ponder what Discord meant. Both deep in thought Celestia and Luna failed to notice a small ripple within the magical ley lines at the point where the imprisoned Chaos God stood, or that deep within the Everfree forest a portal opened as a young girl with a tail and ears of a fox came shooting out, landing face first into the ground. Soon after wards the portal warped and vanished with a loud pop.

Once everything had settled the creatures of the forest gathered to see what it was that disturbed the peace and quiet of their home, one of the animals, a small red fox pup, slowly approached the strange intruder, as the fox pup reached out a paw to poke the kin like creature only to jump back in fright as the girl moved. As she started to stir the animals watching fled, when Dawn Rose, finally awoke, she sat up she rubbed her head as one question came to her mind.

“What happened?”