• Published 13th May 2015
  • 291 Views, 1 Comments

Rose of Dawn - AshenTerra



Many people believe that in order to have an adventure that you’ll be given some thing from a man, die in one way or another, get lost somewhere, or go through a portal. My story is a bit different. Who am I? I’m Dawn Rose

  • ...
 1
 291

chapter 1


Somewhere deep in the void.[/hr]

When you picture the void, you might the of an endless black, in reality the void is a mix of purple blue and black with small pinpricks of white light. First things first, my name you should already know, but it’s Dawn Rose anyway, and now some how I'm alive. I don’t know how, it just doesn’t make since as I was just a picture moments ago, yes I know I was just a picture. The best way I can explain is that when you create a piece of art you put part of your soul into it, making it come to life in your mind and the more you put into making your art the more it comes to life. Because Victoria poured hours after hours to create me and my story that I was given life.

So here I am floating in the endless void went out of literally nowhere a green and pink vortex showed up pulling me towards it. As I fell, at least I think I was falling it’s hard to tell, colors flew by in blurs of red, black, yellow, and beige or was it white, no it was beige. After 5 minutes of falling, the end of the vortex slowly began to grow with a dirt brown at the bottom, wait dirt brown. “Ahhhhhhh! Ooph!” Everything went black.

Once I gained consciousness I found that my face had been shoved into the ground, sitting up I looked around witch did very little as my eyes were blurry and rubbed my head.

“What happened,” as my eyes came into focus I saw a small red fox pup with it’s head tilted to the side with one ear down. Laughing at it’s cuteness, I got up and checked my surroundings one more, to find myself in a thick green forest. looking up I could just barely see the sky through the leaves.

Coming a conclusion on what to do, I started to speak to myself, “Welp. I think I should get out of here and find and place to stay before dark,” turning towards the fox pup, “Hey you wanna come with me?”

The little pup jump up excitedly, “Bark! Bark!”

“Heh heh. I’ll take that as a yes, come on then,” crouching down I let my new friend settle on my shoulder and took of towards the direction I hoped was the right way.

Along the way I had started to get board so to help pass the time I tried to come up with names for the young fox causing many injuries due to banging my on trees in frustration , “So how about Foxy? No, that’s the name of the fox from that horror game. Ooo, I know red! Oh, no wait it sounds to choppy. What should I name you think, Dawn, think.”

My name’s Kyuubi but my friends call me Kyu, Dawn.’

“What the- Did you just TALK?!” I yelled as I was startled.

Well, in a way yes,’

“But, how that’s not possible! Wait scratch that I was a drawing that came to life and fell through a portal none of that should be possible, but if you could talk why didn’t you say anything,” I asked turning my head to face Kyu.

‘Well you didn’t ask and it was fun to see you smash your head into trees,’ Kyu replied chuckling with a mischief look in her eye.

“Still if you could talk it would have been polite to introduce yourself you know,” I deadpanned, sighing I turned back to the path I had found a while back, “ Let’s just get out of here I’m getting hungry.”

‘Yes my noble steed let us go and find a most powerful force. Food!’ Kyu said leaping onto my pointing in a random direction.

“Kyu, foods that way,” I replied laughing at her antics pointing in the opposite direction.

‘Oh right, I knew that. Let's GO!’ Kyu shouted, fixing her paw to be in the right direction.

After an hour of walking, well I did all the walking Kyu had fallen asleep on my head, we finally got to the edge of the forest and beyond that a green field. As I walked out of the forest and stared out at the field I shook Kyuubi awake.

“Hey Kyu, what do you know about that castle over their? It looks like it was almost destroyed,” I asked Kyu, pointing in the direction of the castle.

‘Um, it looks like it’s the palace of the two sisters, they’re one's that defeated Discord right before you fell out of the sky,’ Kyu saying, while jumping off my head and started to smell the ground.

“Right before I came here, huh it seems like coincidence, but it can’t be can it,” mumbled under my breath looking towards the castle, “Oh well, come on Kyu lets go, I have a faster way of getting there,” picking her up as she squirmed not liking the fact that I was holding her, “Ok, let’s hope I remember how to do this.”

As I began to crouch I could feel the ground move underneath me. ‘Um Dawn? What are you doing? Aaahhhhhhhh!’ Kyu screamed as the ground shot us at the castle, ‘we’re going to die! I don’t want to die!’

Laughing I shouted back at “Kyu calm down we’re going to be fine look down.”

Looking down Kyu saw the ground, moving, pushing us to the castle ‘How? HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE!!’

Looking down at Kyu still in my arms, caused me to laugh as she tried to find a grip to prevent from flying out, “ I have control over the earth and shadow, so this is easy,” I explained trying to keep my concentration on the ground beneath me.

‘Wait if you could control the earth THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU USE YOUR POWERS IN THE FOREST?!’ Kyu screeched at me with a glare.

“It never occurred to me then,” I replied, as Kyu was giving herself a facepalm/paw.

‘You are an idiot.’

“Well I sorry I wa- Ooph!” In the fight I had with Kyu I failed to see that the castle had been getting closer until we smashed through the only part of the wall that was fully intact and continued to smash through walls till we skidded to a stop.

“Owww. I gotta keep my eyes on the road.”

‘Ya think?!’

Getting up I looked around, seeing the path of destruction and saw people that had pony ears and tails, and some of them had either horns, wings, or none at all, running in panic, hiding in the houses that hadn’t fallen apart.

“There she is! Arrest her!”

Turning around I found a spear being shoved in my face, held by a guard looking at me as if I had killed everyone he knew.

“Umm. Oops?”