• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,298 Views, 12 Comments

Secret in Canterlot - Bella1365 Cooler



Flash learns one lesson in life. Keep lovers close, but keep secrets closer.

  • ...
11
 12
 1,298

Chapter 5

"Would you like to come in?" Silver asked, unblocking the doorway for Flash. He smiled, and walked in, getting a glance at the starry dusk sky "What do you think?" Silver asked, gesturing with her head at the living room..Flash looked around the inside of the house,and whistled.

"You did a lot of decorating while I was gone!" The unicorn only smiled.

"It wasn't my idea, it was Amber's. She wanted to make this place look more, how should I say it? Appealing to a certain some pony." She looked at him and smiled.

"Who would that be?" Flash asked, clearly clueless.Silver rolled her eyes.

"You!" She replied, chuckling. Flash's eyes widened.

"Oooooooooh. Wait, what?" Silver chuckled, and walked into a room,making Flash follow.

"She always knew you'd come back, but, unfortunately for me, I barely had my hopes up. I figured you, would just, never come back, even when you had the time. After all, who would, want to come back into this house,after what happened the last time you were here."She sadly said. Flash stepped by her left side, and put one of his wings over her back.

"Your thinking about Ash pool, aren't you?"Silver nodded."He was a dick. He shouldn't have done those things to you, and Amber. Calls it the Devils making. I call it an ass hole bitch that only thinks about his fucking self all the damn time, and won't even prove that was his fucking mind that did that bull shit to you and Amber, that fucking Jack ass bit-" he was about to raise his tone when Silvers hoof quickly laid on his lip.

"Flash, calm down!" Silver chuckled. "We want to surprise Amber, remember?" She whispered, and took her hoof off of his lips, and rested it on his shoulder, pushing him a little away from her side. Flash's wing folded back onto his side, as he gently pushed her back. Silver chuckled." Old habits never die, huh?"

"What do you mean?"

" You always fight fire with fire."She smiled at him, which made him smile back. Silver laughed.

"What?"

"You just did your habit! When I smiled at you, you smiled back at me!"

"Just trying to return the favor." He grumbled.

"You always, return the favor, no matter what." Silver said with a smile, remembering all those memories." You've always been loyal to me and Amber. Maybe one day I can return the favor. " She whispered, which made Flash blush, embarrassed by her words. Then he remembered.

"Aren't we supposed to be doing something.....oh I don't know.... surprising Amber!?" Silver gasped. That's when the sound of thumps came from above there very heads, making there ears twitch, and eyes widen.

"Hide!" Silver whispered. Flash did as told, and hid behind the door."Really!? Is that-"

"Mom? What going on?" A light yellow unicorn asked, yawning. Her mane and tail were a mix of light blue, dark. Her eyes were a mix of different shades of blue. The darkest, and the lightest, and little tiny dots of purple.

" Nothing, sweetie! I just, got caught up in work!" Silver nervously chuckled.

"Mom? Are you lying? Cause I sense your hiding something, and that you weren't doing work." Flash's eyes widened.

* One hell of an observer, I hear. Just like her......father. * He frowned at the thought of him.

"Um, Amber? Can you close the door for me?" Silver asked, smiling, which made Amber raise an eyebrow, but she did not question. She did as told, then looked at Flash, no surprise in her face.

"Hi, Flash."

"Hello, Amber." She turned back to her mother, then her eyes widened.

"Flash!?! WHAT THE HAY!?" She immiediatly jumped on Flash,, making him fall to the floor, chuckling." Not trying to be rude, or anything ,but, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?"

"Thought I'd, take a little visit! Why? Do you me to leave?"

"Heck no!" She squealed.The two laid down, hugging each other, for what seems like years.Flash smiled at that. He would hug her no longer than what seemed to be an eternity. He didn't care that this might have taken one hour away from them.

"Ahem?" The two looked at Silver, who smiled.

"Were kinda busy at the moment!" Amber growled.

"Okay! Okay! I was just gonna tell you that I was going to be in my bedroom!" Silver chuckled, as she excited the room. Before she left, she whispered to Flash,"Have fun!" He only smiled.

*Believe me, I will!* Amber had her arms around him,squeezing the air out of his lungs.Even though that was happening, Flash didn't care. This was Amber he was with.Though he didn't want the hug to end, he knew it had to, one way or the other."Uh, Amber?" He asked.

"Hm?"

"Um......lets just say......I-I can't breath!" Amber gasped, and let go of him, who was chuckling.

"Sorry! I just haven't seen you in a, very, long time!" She chuckled, as they both sat up."Ive missed you." She continued,this time, not looking at him. Her eyes seemed to have been layered with sadness, as tears started filling them.Her ears drooped down to her sides,which made Flash realize, she was as depressed, as himself.

He put a wing over her, which made her eyes widen, and look at him with a confused look.

"What's wrong?" He asked.Her eyes looked into his own, clearly showing a river forming in them. Flash looked deep into her eyes, and realized how beautiful they were.It was as if the night sky outside of the window in the room had consumed them, wrapping them up in there starry blanket. He smiled, remembering who she got that from. somuch like your mother.He smiled at the thought.

"School."Amber sighed.

"What about school?" Amber let out another sigh."What is it?"

"It's just that.... Everypony else has there cutie mark, and I'm stuck here,With, a blank flank." Flash raised an eyebrow.

"Since when has Amber Stream ever talked about getting her cutie mark?" He asked, chuckling, which made Amber groan in anger.

"Since the two years you have been gone." She replied, harshly. Flash's eyes widened at her sudden anger with him.

"Wow, Amb, calm down! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!" Amber scowled at his sentence, and stood up.

"Well to bad! You already have, anyway, for never coming back here for two years!"She yelled at Flash, whos eyes widened even more.

"I'm sorry, I really wish I could have time for you,but orders are or-"

"Don't give me that stupid excuse!" Amber interrupted, her tone raising."You could have, at least given us a note, or two!Like, what the hell!?' Flash scowled at her last word and stood up on all fours.

"Don't you use that tone on me, and don't ever use that word!" He barked back, which made Amber's scowl deepen.

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"I'm an adult, Amber!"

"That doesn't mean bull!'

"Hey! Don't use that language with me!"

"I didn't exactly say it! Unless you want me to! BULL SHIT!"

"Stop cursing! Amber, I've known you since the day you were born!Your mother has given me permission to take care of you, since that very day, and that's what I'm trying to do, now listen."

"No."

"Amber-"

"I said no!"

"Amber, if you just listen-'

"You are not, MY FATHER!" She yelled, at the top of her lungs, making Flash's ears fall down, and his eyes widen.

"Hey!" Silver pearl immiediatly walked in, and scowled at Amber."Go to your room,now!" Amber,let out an aggravated groan, but did what her mother told her to do. Silver then looked at Flash,her scowl, gone.Instead, it was replaced with concerned eyes. He walked right past her, and out of the room, quickly. Silver followed close behind."Flash, where are you going?"

"To my father's." He replied,still walking quickly, and not looking at her at all. A gasp escaped her lungs.

"What!? But Flash, Amber needs you!"

"Obviously, she doesn't want me here, and I don't want her to feel uncomfortable."

"Flash, look at me!" She boldy said. He stopped,for a moment or two, then turned, a scowl on his face, as he looked into her eyes."You are not going, to that house!You are going to stay here,-"

"No, Silver! I'm not gonna make that filly any more miserable! There is something going on at her school. I don't know what, but I don't want her to get angry at me, more than she is! I'm leaving."He walked to the door, while Silver stood there, still with a concerned look in her eyes.

"I'm not going to let you get beat to death." Flash stopped, eyes widened.

"H-how'd you-"

" She told me." His eyes widened even more.He had nothing else to say. The sound of hoofsteps began, louder as they approach him.A hoof landed on his shoulder, but he still didn't move."Stay here." He turned his head and looked at Silver,who looked at him back. A smile formed on her face,which he quickly returned. Indeed, habits never die.