• Published 8th May 2015
  • 1,539 Views, 60 Comments

EqD Writers Training Ground for Georg - S5 - Georg



A spot for Georg's EqD Writers Training Ground stories, one per week of Season Five

  • ...
4
 60
 1,539

Week 4: Phineas and Ferb Tribute - Gummy the Gator, Agent of O.W.A.C.A.

Week 4: Phineas and Ferb Tribute - Gummy the Gator, Agent of O.W.A.C.A.

For the S5 EqD Writer’s Training Ground


When Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie return to Ponyville to tell Twilight Sparkle all about their trip, they each have a somewhat odd idea of what Gummy has been up to while they were gone. A tribute to the last episode of Phineas and Ferb, which will air June 12, 2015.


“For the last time, Pinkie. Your pet didn’t do anything at all while you and Rainbow Dash were off at Griffonstone.”

Twilight Sparkle frowned at her friends, who were both putting away cake as fast as Pinkie’s flashing cake slicer could serve. To their sides, each of their pets had their own plate with a small piece of cake, although they were working their way through the calories at a microscopic rate compared to their owners.

“Are you kidding, Twilight.” Rainbow Dash swallowed her last piece of cake and waved at the little toothless alligator. “Who do you think made this cake?”

“Pinkie Pie!” shouted Twilight Sparkle. “She made it before you two left on your trip.”

“Well,” said Pinkie Pie, “who do you think made this mess in the kitchen?”

“You did!” said Twilight Sparkle with an explosive sigh. “Gummy doesn’t have a secret door into an underground bunker, or a spy job, or… whatever else. He’s just—” Twilight waved a hoof at the impassive alligator “—there.”

“Don’t be silly, Twilight.” Pinkie Pie scooped the little alligator up and gave him a hug. “Gummy is the most extra-special alligator in all of Equestria, so he has the most exciting job ever! I’ll bet after we left…”

* * *

The door to Sugarcube Corner had barely shut when Gummy jumped off the table, sliding down a nearby mop handle and through a secret door leading to a long slippery-slide with several loop-de-loops into his underground bunker. Landing in a chair at the bottom of the slide, Gummy put his fedora on and clicked the viewscreen. Whatever it was that made O.W.A.C.A.⁽*⁾ send a signal to the Crystal Map in order to get Pinkie Pie out of the way must have been of critical importance, if the appearance of Major Monogram, a fiercely mustachioed walrus glaring out of the viewscreen was any indication.

“Ah, there you are, Agent G. We just learned that Doctor Hoofenschmirtz has just stolen a giant dentist drill and plans on—”

* * *

“Wait a minute!” shouted Twilight Sparkle. “Secret doors and bunkers? I’ve never seen anything like that in Ponyville.”

“Well, duh, Twilight! If you saw them, they wouldn't be very secret now, would they?”

“It’s impossible!” Twilight waved at Rainbow Dash, who had just finished off her last piece of cake and was wiping her mouth on the back of her foreleg. “Tell her, Rainbow.”

“Oh, yeah.” Rainbow Dash stifled a belch. “Twilight’s perfectly right, Pinkie.”

“See!” declared Twilight Sparkle.

“He wouldn’t have enough time because of his other job.”

“Right!” said Twilight. “Wait a minute. What other job?”

“Well, you remember Mare Do Well, and how she helped me save Ponyville from that flood, and that collapsing building, right?” Rainbow Dash plowed ahead before Twilight could get a word in edgewise. “Well, late at night…”

* * *

Dressed in a skin-tight leotard, The Green Avenger slipped through the shadows of the afternoon sunshine and into his secret lair, filled with high-tech gadgets. Evil was on the prowl again, and only the Dynamic Duo would be able to thwart it the way it needed thwarting. GA scanned through his technological gadgets, past the wrist-mounted thwarter, the jet-propelled thwarter, and the Thwart-Mobile, over to the rocket sled in the corner.

The Thwart-Jet.

* * *

“Wait just a minute, Rainbow Dash!” Twilight Sparkle waved a hoof in indignation. “That’s not what thwart means!”

“I dunno, Twilight,” said Pinkie Pie, holding up a hoof. “I had a thwart on my leg once, and it took a doctor with his freezy gadget to thwart it right off.”

Twilight Sparkle paused. “Never mind, Rainbow. You were saying?”

* * *

In mere moments, The Green Avenger had finished dressing in his high-tech crimefighting gear with all kinds of thwart gadgets to use against evil-doers. With a touch to his jet belt, he flew out of the window and into the sky, where he met up with his partner in crime fighting, Iron Tortoise. Together, they patrolled through the crime-ridden skies of the Ponyville metropolis, seeking out dire criminals and thwarting crimes that mere law-enforcement was helpless to stop.

* * *

“Rainbow Dash!” An exasperated alicorn thwapped her friend over the head with a wingtip. “Ponyville is not a crime-ridden metropolis! You don’t even know what a metropolis is. Or a thwart! Besides, I was here! I know exactly what Gummy was up to.”

* * *

On a table in the middle of Sugarcube Corner, a small green alligator with a wisk in his mouth sat patiently, waiting for his owner to return.

After an hour, he blinked.

Several blinks later, it got dark.

Several more blinks later, it got light again.

* * *

“And then Rainbow and I came home and ate the cake!” declared Pinkie Pie. “You’re pretty good at this, Twilight. You just left the part out where Gummy fights crime as an international superspy.”

Rainbow Dash nodded. “Or where he’s a cool superhero alongside the most fantastic crimefighter the world has ever known.”

Chickenman?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“No!” scoffed Rainbow Dash. “The Iron Tortoise.”

“I know what!” Pinkie Pie danced around Rainbow with Gummy hanging onto her mane. “We can see if the rest of our pets want to be crimefighters too! Angel could be The Nth Bunny, master of Chop Fu!”

“And Owlowiscious could be The Questioner!” said Rainbow Dash, too caught up in the moment to pay any attention to Twilight Sparkle in the middle of an epic facehoof.

“And Winona could be Golden Retriever, the Master of Fetch!” said Pinkie Pie, bouncing out the door with Rainbow Dash in pursuit. “We could have the entire JLA⁽¹⁾.”

Drifting back on the breeze, she could barely make out “What about Opalescence as Wildcat? Rarity would want in on this too. After all, she gets to make the costumes.”

“And I get to be Mechamegamaid, Cleaner of Kitchens,” groused Twilight Sparkle as she ran a quick magical scrubcloth over the batter and frosting splattered room. “All of my friends are crazy. I’m just glad they were crazy before they met me, or I’d be worried that I’m rubbing off on the—”

Twilight Sparkle paused in her cleanup with a ball of trash held over the wastebin. After a little extra wiggling to her magic, she extracted a small, plain hat out of the collected debris and regarded it with suspicion.

“No. No way. They have got to be pranking me again.”

Still, she turned the small fedora around in her magic and considered just how easily it would fit on the head of a small toothless alligator, while also considering the possibility that perhaps she had been worrying too much about driving her friends crazy, and not enough about them driving her in that same direction.

Eventually she sat the hat down on a back shelf, right next to a loose section of the wall she refused to look at very closely, before heading out the door on the way to Rarity’s house.

She had a wonderful costume idea for Owlowiscious.


(*) Organization Without A Cool Acronym.

(1) Just’a Lotta Animals from Captain Carrot and his Zoo Crew comic series. (Looking for the trade paperbacks of this)

Author's Note:

References:
Nth Bunny: I have the entire Nth Man comic collection. It’s very weird and good.

The Questioner: Love the way DC portrays The Question in JLA. The JLA with people, not animals. (see above)

Also in honor of Dick Orkin of Chickenman and Tooth Fairy fame, founder of the Radio Ranch. He's still alive and kicking.