• Published 8th May 2015
  • 2,973 Views, 33 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Five Nights at Freddy's - PrometheusX



Rainbow Dash never thought 'night-guard' would be added to the resume of her accomplishments, but it looks like she's gonna learn pretty quickly that guarding a couple of "quirky" dolls isn't exactly standard fare...

  • ...
17
 33
 2,973

An Explanation

Rainbow Dash was only faintly aware of the sound of the front entrance to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza shutting behind her. For her, the thing only that existed was the fact that for the next 18 hours she was free as a bird until coming back to that den of hungry timberwolves. Be damned if she was gonna waste them.

With a deep breath and the slight tensing of her muscles, she kicked off the ground into the air, her wings immediately spreading like a bird's as she made several twists and turns in the sky, corkscrewing, barrel-rolling, loop-de-looping, anything to convince her tired mind that she was definitely out of there and this wasn't some delusion. She felt the air rush past her cheeks and around her body, the muscles in her form working like a machine to keep her in the air, even the faint touch of her mane on her back. All of it felt so surreal in a way, though that could just be blamed on her tired mind.

Speaking of her mind, throughout it all her mind was strangely quiet. No errant thought raced through her brain, no question of why the heck she had signed up for this, no wondering what her friends would think when they found out, not even malicious thoughts of how she'd walk into Schmidt's office and buck him in the face the moment she figured out where he was.

No, all Rainbow Dash felt was the strange mixture of exhilaration at surviving that nightmare and the dread of having to come back.

Soon, in fact she couldn't even recall even coming here, Dash made it to the place where she decided to set up her temporary home, landing on the cloud with a thump and feeling like she had just embraced heaven itself.

'Sleep...' was the only thing on her mind. And her body, having spent the worst six hours of her life running on paranoia, nervousness, and cold coffee, agreed.


They were everywhere. Every which way she looked was another rabbit, chicken or bear, real and yet not real, their joints creaking as they walked towards her with those giant grins that looked like Pinkie during one of her 'moods'. Their eyes stared into hers, demanding her to hold still and let them help her, put on her suit like a good magic doll...

Even worse, there was a horrible stench emitting from them, kind of like the smell she caught a whiff of the one time she smelled her former friend Gilda's bad lunch during flight school, except magnified a hundredfold that made her want to gag. A sort of green mucus along with a red dried liquid seemed to pool around their mouths and and eyes, as if something was rotting inside.

She fled, flying as hard as she was able. Yet every time she stopped they would be there, same smile, same eyes. Bonnie kept appearing in front of her, Chica kept up right on her behind so she couldn't turn around, and Freddy just laughed, a deep laugh that was like something out of a horror story, his blue eyes always seemingly in front her, staring and waiting.

Finally, she could fly no more. She fell to her hooves and tried to gallop, but she tripped. She twirled for a few seconds in a manner that would have made her laugh if she was on the sidelines before colliding with a pillar. She got to her hooves, rubbing her face and glancing behind her, expecting one of them to be there waiting.

Nothing.

She looked back in front of herself, intending to question who the buck puts a pillar up in the middle of nowhere, and stopped. That wasn't a pillar.

It was a pair of steel legs, bare save for some frayed pants and some red fur.

She looked up, just in time to see Foxy the Pirate, eyes and mouth wide in manic delight, wrap his free claw around her throat.

"SCREEEEEEEEEEEE!"


Dash tumbled out of her cloud with a wordless yell, which went a pitch higher when she opened her eyes and realized she had only a few seconds before she impacted with the dirt. Quickly spreading her wings, she managed to right herself and land more or less unharmed, though she did stumble a bit with her first few steps.

Taking a few breathes at the suddenness of the events, she brought a hoof to her forehead, coming away with some sweat. She stared at it for a second, then shook her head, stomping the ground beneath.

"Stop it, Dash!" she chided herself. "You're acting like some sort of scared filly! You're Rainbow Dash, the awesomest pony in Equestria, not a foal who wets the bed at night!"

Right in the middle of saying that, the image of Foxy screaming into her face as he gripped her neck like he was about to break it flashed through her mind, destroying whatever argument she tried to make to herself. She shuddered, then slapped herself.

"Okay, okay, calm down Dashie," she tried again, slower this time. "Calm down..."

A brief moment where she held her breath, desperately thinking of anything other than the pizzeria. The Wonderbolts, her friends, Daring Doo, Tank, the new castle, Cloudsdale, Angel-

"No!" she quickly said, shutting out the image of an animatronic Angel staring at her. It was bad enough when he was alive. "calm..."

One second, two seconds...

Finally, she took another breath, then let it out, opening her eyes.

"Okay..." she finally said. "Now that that's over with..."

Struck by sudden worry, she immediately glanced towards the center of Baltimare, noticing the giant clock that kept the time. 12:53pm.

She sighed gratefully, content with the knowledge that the nightmare was still some ways off.

She stopped. The job. Of course.

She felt her eyes narrow as she thought about her 'boss', Griff Schmidt. What the buck was he thinking, sending her in there with killer magic dolls!? Not even a weapon to defend herself with!? She could have died in there and he didn't even bother to give her a heads-up!?

"When I find him," she growled out, "I'm gonna-"

A sudden growl from her stomach distracted her. Looking down, she glanced at her stomach and remembered she hadn't had anything solid in her system since 12am that night, and most of that had been thrown up near the beginning.

"...After breakfast," she decided.


An hour, a cold rain shower, two daffodil sandwiches and a big cup of coffee with sugar later, and Dash felt refreshed enough to go back to the pizzeria. She took her time though, sort of gliding more than actually attempting to fly towards the place.

During that time, Dash's mind also cleared enough to think about last night, or rather before everything went Nightmare-Night-gone-bad on her. Her thoughts especially geared towards what Shep had talked about briefly.

'What the heck was the Bite of '87?' she wondered to herself as she neared the restaurant. 'And why the buck are those things even allowed around kids?'

Griff Schmidt had seemed like a nice pony, but there was no way he couldn't know about what those dolls did and do every night. Why did he leave them be then?

'As a matter of fact,' she suddenly wondered to herself, coming to a stop before the back door for employees. 'Why the hay am I even back here? I should be on the express to Ponyville... actually heck, I should be breaking the speeding record for a pegasus going between Baltimare and Ponyville right now! Why am coming back here?'

Before she could attempt to act on this sudden realization, the door suddenly opened in front of her, revealing the form of Griff Schmidt himself. She backed away slightly in surprise, then took a moment to look at his face.

She blinked in surprise once again, though this time it was for his appearance. Unlike last night when she had last seen him, there were bags under his eyes and his mane looked like it had lost a fight with a pillow and a wet dog, as if he couldn't sleep, and his clothes were all ruffled as if he had slept in them. He looked at her with bleary, bloodshot eyes that seemed like he had been doing something other than missing sleep, a fact that was confirmed when he opened his mouth and she smelled what seemed like hard cider in his breath.

Basically, he looked like she had when she had woken up from her nightmare, minus the drinking.

"Ms. Dash..." he muttered for a moment, then seemed to psyche himself up as he snorted, blinking for a few moments as if he wasn't aware of his surroundings, his eyes clearing somewhat as he gazed upon her. "Ah, Ms. Dash!" he said with surprise, as if amazed she was in front of him. "I must say I didn't... expect you to be here again..."

"...Uh, yeah..." Dash replied slowly, still taking in her 'boss's' appearance. "I didn't think I'd be back here either, honestly..."

Schmidt blinked for a few seconds more, perhaps trying to come back to his full senses, and then sighed. "...Well, we might as well get this over," he muttered melancholy to himself, then looked her in the eyes. "How much?"

Dash just stopped at that, looking him in the face as if trying to see if he was joking. "Uh, excuse me?"

"How much do you want in order to keep quiet about your horrifying experiences here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza?" he asked with a resigned tone. "I can give you two-hundred bits now, but if you want more I-"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait..." Dash quickly said, holding up a hoof to stop Schmidt's words, trying to process them. "You think I'm here for money?"

Schmidt cocked his head. "Why else wouldn't you be?" he asked as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "You just went through literal hell on Equestria, not dead but haven't run away screaming for the safety of home. Why else would you be here? As I was saying, I have 200 bits now, but I can get more-"

"Okay dude, just stop right there," she replied, her voice cutting him off. "First off, I don't want money from somepony who I owe money to. You can keep it."

"But-"

"Second," she continued firmly, her previous anger with him rising back to the surface, "I want answers, not bits. What the hay was up with those dolls? Who's Shep Book? What was the Bite of '87? Why do you let those things be with the foals? And why haven't you burned them all up yet!?"

Schmidt just stood there with a dumbfounded look on his face for several seconds, then hung his head and sighed.

"...Well, I suppose you deserve answers..."

"Darn right I do," Dash muttered darkly.

"And I'll give them to you," he continued as if she had never spoke, then gestured inside, "but inside my office. This isn't the sort of thing you can go around talking about in public."

Dash looked at him, then at the door, suppressing a shudder at the idea of going back in. However, she forced herself to follow Schmidt, their path taking them backstage towards the manager office.


As they went through though, Dash caught the sound of what sounded like foals cheering, along with some sort of uppity music being played, like a guitar.

"Heeeeeeey everybody!" she heard a voice say, though it sounded like that recording Shep had made on the phone. It was sort of deep and actually kind of echoing, though sort of slow like the speaker had a problem talking, kind of like Derpy Hooves back in Ponyville. "Welcome one and all to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza!"

"I'm Chica the Chicken!" she heard a peppy mare's recorded voice suddenly say.

"Ha ha! And I'm Bonnie the Rabbit!" An almost perky male voice added.

"And you all know who I am!" the first voice said again, "What's my name?"

"FREDDY FAZBEAR!" a chorus of foal voices screamed in delight.

"Hee hee! That's right!"

Honestly, hearing those three voices in the daytime and trying to connect them to the crazies they became at night was pretty jarring. Dash couldn't even properly imagine them with those voices, especially not Chica and her gurgling...

A tap on the shoulder brought her attention back to Schimdt, who was waiting patiently.

She shook her head and continued after him, trying to avoid listening to those voices which thankfully grew fainter as they moved away. Finally, they came to his office, which he quickly opened up and gestured Dash inside.

The face wasn't that fancy. In fact, what surprised Dash was the lack of decoration rather than any, considering he was the owner. The image was basically a standard office that had a wooden desk, a chair behind it and two in front of it, a coat hanger, and a few plaques on the wall, which had old photos, probably of the pizzeria in its prime, if the way that the mascots, all four of them and in peak condition, were behind a couple of smiling foals waving in one of them was any indication. There were a few others, including Bonnie playing the guitar for some foals, Freddy doing what appeared to be some sort of dance, Chica holding a half-eaten pizza, and Foxy with a kid on his back wearing a similar eyepatch and pirate hat.

What struck Dash though was that in all of them the mascots seemed almost... happy. Sure, their smiles were no less creepy and their eyes still stared unseeingly, but she didn't get the vibe of terror from before. In fact, they seemed less scary and more... well, like one would assume a magic doll would be like.

She also noticed the state of the office itself. Like the rest of the building, it was clearly older and in need of a fixer-upper, but it gave off a homely feel. Also, she realized there were several boxes all around the room, labelled with 'This Side Up' and 'Caution: Fragile', which probably had something to do with the state of emptiness.

Schmidt noticed her gaze and chuckled slightly. "Yeah. Like I said, we're going out of business come the end of the week. Figured I might as well start packing up now."

He wandered towards the desk, which Dash realized had several glasses and a bottle of hard cider on the side. Several of them looked recently used. He noticed her look and chuckled again, this time with far less humor.

"A bit of a tradition I've developed over time. A toast to those night guards who perished in the line of duty and to those that survived and never came back, as well as to drown my own sorrows at my own failures."

He moved as if to put them away, then paused, turning to Dash. "Want one? After what you went through last night, I'd say you deserve it."

"Uh... no thanks," she replied. As tempting as the offer might have been, those glasses looked sorta dirty, as if they hadn't been cleaned in a long time.

Schmidt shrugged and picked up the bottle and glasses, putting them in a drawer behind his desk. After that, he turned his attention directly on Dash, sitting down in his chair. "Please, have a seat," he said, gesturing to the chairs.

Rainbow Dash obliged him, actually surprised that it was quite comfy despite its somewhat worn appearance. Once she settled in, Schmidt began to speak.

"Well, I suppose you want answers."

"And I'm not leaving until I have some," Dash replied, her eyes narrowing as she recalled her experiences of last night. "First off, who the heck is Shep Book?"

"I assume you heard his phone recording?" he asked in turn, then sighed when he saw her nod. "Shep Book was a unicorn employee here, and as he might have mentioned, he was the night guard before you. Came in down on his luck and bits, and wanted the job, probably to make up some money to get back on his hooves. I have to say, he was nothing if not persistent, because despite experiencing much of the same things you and so many others before him had, he came back the next day to keep on guarding, and the day after that, and the day after that. Never once did he stop being so damn cheery as he prepared to go in, always greeting everyone with a smile and wave, even the dolls."

"Was he just crazy?" Dash asked, completely confused with how anyone could willing come back after the first night and keep on guarding. It was like Book was a male unicorn Pinkie Pie, but even Pinkie Pie wouldn't have come back after the first night with smiles!

"Honestly, I wondered if he was truly that desperate for bits, a thrill seeker and daredevil, or even just suicidal," Schmidt replied with a dark chuckle. "All I know is that he lasted longer than anyone else. But even he eventually gave in, disappearing after the fourth night. I found no trace of him the next morning. Hope wherever he is now he's much happier."

"And the other guards..."

"I assume you heard his recording?" he asked grimly, not even bothering to wait for her to answer. "Then you know what happened to exactly 20% of our employees. Of the ones that made it past, some with injuries caused by trying to escape the dolls, only 10% bothered to come back, truly desperate for some hard-earned bits, even though I would have given them ten times that amount if they just stayed away. Suffice to say, no one save Book ever made it to the third night."

Dash was silent as she tried to process that. It wasn't so much the words he was saying as the way he was saying them that surprised her. She had been expecting some sort of detached way of talking, like one of those crazy villains who act like killing off an entire city is just a day in life. No, she heard genuine anguish and regret in his voice, combined with a sort of thousand-yard stare Twilight occasionally got if she was particularly stressed. She wasn't expecting this sort of response.

Still, didn't mean she was just gonna let up on her questioning.

"Okay, then what's up with the dolls, really?" Dash asked. "Book said something about them thinking I'm a doll without a costume and they're 'helping' me put it back on like a friend. Don't know about you, but I don't buy that. My friends don't creepy-smile at me through cameras like they're thinking about painful ways to torture me while they crush my skull, and they don't act like stalkers while they do it."

...Well, okay Pinkie did it sometimes. But at least she was honest about it, they could laugh about it afterwards, and Dash always knew she would never do anything to intentionally hurt her. She got none of those vibes from the dolls last night; heck, Freddy hadn't even moved and still managed to creep her out. The only one that was okay in her book so far was Foxy, and that was because he never came out from behind the curtain.

"...I don't know."

That wasn't the answer she wanted to hear.

"'Don't know'?" Dash repeated, then slammed her hooves into the forearms of the chair. "You've got creepy dolls that scare, hurt, or killed other ponies, and you're telling me you don't bucking know why!? You let those killer dolls play with the foals during the day and leave some poor schmuck to watch over them at night, and you don't know why they act all crazy scary!? That's bull!"

"You think I don't want to!?" Griff suddenly exploded at her, his voice filled with anger so hot it completely shut her up. "You think I don't care about those little foals who are with those dolls everyday; I don't pray for the safety of the brave ponies who, knowingly or not, face the horrors of the night-shift!? You think I've never tried to find out the problem? I've done everything!"

"My father and I hired experts to come look at the dolls and tell us what's wrong. They can't find anything that would explain why they glitch up and spaz out like they do, even despite the fact they occasionally emit blood and mucus from their eyes and mouths. I've tried putting them away in the storage rooms under lock and key every night. I come in with the doors horribly dented, sometimes ripped off their hinges or even holes in the walls leading back out and the dolls all in their proper places, leering at me. I've even tried to have someone dismantle and dispose of them. He barely avoided getting his head crushed when one of the doll suddenly started up and tried to grab him."

He slumped down, the explanation seeming having taken a lot out of him. "And yes, I've tried just destroying them. But something happened to me after the infamous 'Bite of '87': I used up so much magic I fell unconscious and I woke up in a hospital. Apparently, I released so much magic so quickly that I did something to my horn, and now I can't use my magic as effectively anymore. I can't build up the charge necessary to destroy one of them, and if I ever make any moves that seem to suggest I'm gonna do something dangerous to the dolls, they seem to understand it, immediately staring at me and look like they're gonna try and stuff me in a suit if I do."

"You're acting like they're alive or something." Of course, Dash was secretly of the opinion that they were, but she wasn't going to just come out and say it. She didn't want to sound like she was crazy, after all.

Griff looked at Dash seriously. "Ms. Rainbow Dash, you've been on the night-shift. Can you honestly say that they act like inanimate objects that just so happen to be capable of movement? A doll can't exactly glare in such a life-like manner, nor can it seem capable of always knowing when you're looking at it after all."

"Okay, okay, you've got me there," she grumbled. "Just didn't want to sound all crazy..."

"Trust me, I won't judge you. Even before the Bite of '87, ponies noticed the dolls didn't always act like they should."

Constant mentions of the Bite got her attention. "...What was the Bite, exactly?"

"The Bite of '87, culminating my grandad's 87th birthday, is exactly what it sounds like. One of the animatronics went out of control and attacked one of the foals, a unicorn. It was the little guy's sixth birthday too. His family came here to have a party for their growing son, and what they got was a brain-dead hospital lifer. The only reason no one else got hurt was because another doll got in the mad biter's way."

Suddenly, Dash remembered Foxy, stuck behind the curtains of Pirate Cove, put there because of an 'accident'. And he had a broken jaw...

"I was there when it happened," he continued as if she wasn't there, his eyes growing cloudy with memories, "watched as the two dolls ended up slamming against each other and started going nuts, the biter starting randomly strike the other as if it was going out of control. I was maybe just your age, but I remember feeling overwhelming anger and fear at the sight of that doll with blood on its mouth, knocking my favorite character around like a punching bag. I lost control of my magic, and I shut the damn bear down with a bolt of pure magic right through its chest..."

"Wait," Dash interrupted, noticing how he had said 'bear', "it wasn't Foxy?"

He blinked, as if realizing she was still there. He shook his head for a moment, then looked at her directly. "No, it wasn't. In fact, Foxy was the one that got in the way. The doll biter was actually Golden Freddy, who was what Freddy looked like if he had a gold body and a blue tie and hat. He was the fifth doll Dad bought, but he never got back into the business. After that, we took Golden Freddy, burned all of his spare costumes and completely destroyed the exoskeleton. We wouldn't have that... thing in our restaurant with the foals."

"Foxy... well, he got smashed pretty bad. He was actually a custom model due to his jaw, and that was broken completely. We never could quite fix him back up, and with the legal fines, court, and loss of public opinion making it we had to struggle to just scrounge up enough to get by and keep the place going, we never did. The only thing we could do was put him in Pirate Cove and keep him looking a little respectable. Even after almost 20 years, I've only been able to get him to the point that you see now."

He looked away for a moment. "Strangely enough, after that happened, the dolls never attacked another foal again. I don't know why, but any injuries that occurred after that were always among the nightguards. Maybe it really was just a mistake... doesn't make me feel any better though."

"Why the nightguards?" Dash asked, mesmerized despite herself by his words (and gaining more respect for Foxy. She was gonna give him a great big medal next time she saw him) and . "Why not go to the police? Buck, why not tell the Princesses?! They could take care of this problem easy!"

Griff hung his head. "...I would if I could but... its complicated. I don't quite understand it myself, but my dad told me Grandpa... something happened during the early days of the place. I don't know exactly what, but he said that they could never go to the police or something would happen. We got lucky with the Bite, but if anyone ever found out... well, the family could be in danger. The best my dad could figure to do was leave them alone and hire somepony to watch the dolls at all times during the night... and you can see how that's worked out. The dolls seem to take some sort of pleasure of having people to chase after hours, like a bunch of foals playing high-stakes hide and seek, and they don't bother with trying to break out of the pizzeria as long as someone in here with them."

His voice went down to a whisper. "My father was the first night guard and the first victim. I can still remember hearing about how they found him... how there was... barely anything left to bury. How those... dolls seem to be watching me with their dead eyes, as if they wanted me to understand how they felt when I shot Golden Freddy..."

Dash was silent for the longest of moments as Griff's voice began to break up, sobs choking his words as he placed his face in his hooves. "...I'm sorry, Griff," was all she could say.

Griff seemed to find some inner strength at her words, because a few seconds later he lifted his face and took a deep breath. "So there you have it. I'm in charge of a place filled with killer dolls, unable to go to the police without it in some strange way harming myself or my family, incapable of even providing the nightguards who risk their lives and sanity with unlimited power to protect themselves. I believe this is what some ponies refer to as a 'conundrum'." A chuckle. "To be honest, I'm actually glad on some level that the place is going out of business soon. Maybe then I can come clean and start to make up for all of this."

He then got up from his desk, gesturing towards the door. "Well, you came for answers; I gave them. You're free to go: Head on back home, live your life and don't come back. You deserve it. Don't worry about the sign, I'll manage."

He turned his back to her, walking over to where one of his cabinets were and expecting hear the sound of the door opening and closing behind him. And he did hear a sound.

Just not the one he expected.

"So I guess you're gonna be mad if I decide to come in tonight, huh?"

He stopped what he was doing, blinking as he tried to process what she just said. 'She didn't just say-'

He turned around, only to see Rainbow Dash out of her chair and now flapping her wings just slightly above the floor. She wasn't giving him the shocked and interested expression she had wore during his explanations anymore. Now she was giving him a look of determination, confidence, and cockiness that if any of her friends saw they would instantly realize she was ready to do something either crazy or stupid, probably both at once.

"What?" he asked her plainly.

She rolled her eyes. "I said so I guess you're gonna be mad if I-"

"No, I got that, it's..." he took a moment to gather his thoughts. "You know about what happened here, and you still want to finish the job."

"Yup."

Yup, he wasn't imagining things. Griff took a deep breath. "Have you even been listening to anything I've just said?"

"Of course I have!" Dash replied indignant. "You've got four days until this place goes out, killer dolls get scrapped, and you start a new life. You need a nightguard for four days until then. I'm a nightguard. Do the math."

"You're really going to risk your life in there for four more days?" Griff asked flabbergasted. "You barely lasted one from what you've told me!"

"Hey, that's one more day than any other pony right now has," Dash answered him. "I signed on for five nights. Might as well do them."

"Is this about the sign? I told you it doesn't matter anymore!"

"It's not just about the sign!" Dash yelled back, startling him with the intensity of her voice. "Ponies have been dying because of those dolls! I'm not just gonna walk out and let some poor idiot take my place and die instead. I'll take on all of them for four more nights and make sure no one else dies in there!" She then stopped, taking a deep breath to compose herself before continuing in a slower voice. "Besides, I wouldn't be very loyal if I just up and abandoned someone in need, would I?"

Griff just stared her. This mare was willing to endure that horror for four nights, all to make sure no one else would end up scarred for life? All because he needed help?

"What about your friends?"

At the mention of them, Dash's face fell slightly, then perked up as if she just had an idea. "I guess... I'll just send another letter for them to come on over. I mean, my friends and I took on Nightmare Moon and Discord and won. We can handle those dolls in ten seconds flat."

"They wouldn't get here until about closing day though."

"And that's when we'll blast them with our whole 'Rainbow Power' beams!" Dash replied with a grin, a part of her actually wondering exactly why they had taken to calling it that. It was basically just 'Elements of Harmony, Version 2' after all. "It'll all work out easy!"

Griff was seriously wondering whether or not Rainbow Dash was all-right in the head, but just sighed. She seemed pretty dead set on doing this regardless.

"...I guess the rumors about your so-called hardheadedness were true after all."

"Hey!"

"...But if you're really serious about doing this..." he looked her in the eyes, allowing himself to feel just the barest inklings of hope. "You're gonna need some things."


11:30 PM, Security Room

"You sure about this?"

Griff sighed as Dash fiddled with the black vest that he had given her. While it didn't serve too much of a purpose in terms of protection, it did, however, have a compartment on both sides where her wings would fold over when at rest containing two very special pieces of gear.

"Like I said, I can't offer you much," he reminded her. "I don't exactly have anything that could really help you in a pinch besides those two little things."

"Yeah, about those," Dash asked as she lifted her left wing and grabbed what was stored in the compartment, pulling it out with her teeth. "How does this work anyways?"

The object in question was a black stick with a grey handle and what appeared to be a silver light at the end. Near the handle appeared to be some sort of switch. Griff used his horn to take it from her, then pointed towards the switch.

"This," he said as he pressed the switch, suddenly forcing the stick to extend to twice its length with a blue spark of electricity emitting from the silver light, "is my 'doll prod'. If you find yourself in a position where you're cornered by a doll, whip this out and stab it. The shock should be enough to make it pause long enough so that you can get by, but its only good for three uses, and I only have two. I once had more, but something happened to the others ones, and I don't have the money to replace them..."

Dash groaned. It seemed that everything was about the money. "Okay, okay, I get it. Don't waste them." She then offered him a brave grin. "Besides, I'll be fine. No darn doll's gonna get me tonight or any other night."

Griff sighed again. "Whatever you say. As long as your friends-"

"I already sent a letter by mail," Dash replied. "Hay, I even paid extra so that it would get there faster. They'll be here soon."

Of course, it wasn't like she told them that she was working in a place with killer dolls and they might have to shoot them with the Rainbow Power to deal with it, just that they might want to come on down to Baltimare to help her with something as soon as possible.

Griff nodded, then looked around. "You're certain you want to be here by yourself so early? I mean, you still have-"

"Just want to do some things," Dash told him, "You know, psych myself up, remember the exits. Besides, they don't start up 'till midnight, right?"

He nodded slowly. "Everyday, but do you really-"

"Dude, seriously, I'll be fine," Dash said quickly. "I've got this."

Griff stared at her for a moment longer, then sighed again. "Well, good luck Rainbow Dash. I hope to see you come morning."

Dash nodded, giving him one last cocky smile as he walked out. She waited until she saw him leave on-camera, (She wasn't concerned about power because it only became necessary to conserve once it was midnight, now relying on the stored power in the locked up generator room.) then got out of her seat to head to one particular part of the establishment.

Her destination: Pirate Cove. It was time to see a certain fox.