• Published 5th May 2015
  • 1,186 Views, 7 Comments

Dashie and.... Splashie? - Sapphire Harmony



Rainbow Dash meets a certain, unexpected pony. Her own twin sister. Now, problems will arise, rumors will pass, and everything Rainbow knew about her childhood will change forever.

  • ...
0
 7
 1,186

Chapter 9- Rumors Lead to Actions

(2 months later)

Rainbow sighed as she flew over Ponyville. Everyday was the same day-- ponies who saw her whispered to each other, laughed, gave her dirty looks, and would insult her from time to time. It always ends with her snapping at them and fly away or have her self-confidence go down and fly away. She's never been this depressed before, not even the last rumor got her depressed. Was it because ponies knew that Scootaloo wrote the rumors? Her train of thought ended as she heard her name.

"Hey, Dash! I was wondering something." Two mares flew up on both sides of Rainbow. "Who's your stallion-toy this week?" she sneered.

"Ha, ha. Very funny, Rock Heart. You know I don't do that kind of stuff." Rainbow rolled her eyes.

Rock Heart continued to laugh. "Then how does Scootaloo, of all fillies and colts, say that about you? Doesn't she idolize you?"

Rainbow shrugged, trying to keep her cool. "She does, but she's also a filly. She doesn't know any better, but she thought I do those things that is all over the world."

Rock Heart than flew over to the other mare. "I find it amazing how she says that the rumors were lies, yet she still gets very defensive. What do you say, Neon Ice?"

Neon looked at Rainbow. "I also find it amazing. If this rumor was fake AND about me, I would simply go on with my life, no care in Equestria."

Rainbow was slowly loosing her cool. "Can you guys just go away now?"

Rock Heart acted shock with a dramatic gasp. "Is she... going down? I didn't know the Great Rainbow Dash can go down WITHOUT a fight!"

Rainbow than turned around to face them both. "Okay, what do you want so bad? To insult me over and over again?"

Neon flew up next to Rainbow and put a hoof around her. "You see, Dash, all Rock Heart here is saying is, well, Ponyville will be better off, you know, WITHOUT you."

Rainbow definitely got hit in the heart with this one. She loved the town she lives in, she met her best friends here. Rainbow pondered this for a few moments, then nodded. "I guess you're right." and with that she flew off.

As Rainbow flew, she passed Twilight. "Oh, Rainbow! I haven't seen you in forever! Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?"

Rainbow shook her head. "No, I'll be fine. I just gotta take care of some stuff. But, Twilight. I need you to do something."

Twilight was curious, very curious, she nodded her head and acted oblivious. "Sure, what do you need?"

Rainbow took a deep breath. "I need you to tell everyone that I forgive them on how they treated me theses past two months. Tell Derpy to never give up and she is the coolest pony around. Tell our friends that they really are the best of friends a mare could have.Tell Fluttershy to watch Tank and take good care of him and read him Daring Do stories. Tell Paint that she has been an awesome sister, and tell her that I hope her relationship with Blue Streak goes on forever. And Twilight, this one is for you. I'm sorry for calling you an egghead, boring, nerdy, whatever I called you that wasn't nice. you really are a cool friend." and with that, she flew off.

Twilight nodded and watched Rainbow as she flew off. "Something's not right. I better go see what she's up to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Okay, Rainbow. You can't turn away now. This is it, you can't be scared. You're not the only one who has done this." Rainbow said to herself as she stood on a high cloud over the everfree forest. "Fluttershy has Tank, so he'll be in good hooves." She took a deep breath, tears streaming down her face, and closed her eyes. "You got what you wanted, Ponyville. I'm gone." She then leaped off the cloud, falling straight for the forest.

Twilight looked up as Rainbow fell, and she flew as fast as she could. Right as Rainbow was about to meet her death with the sharp trees, Twilight zipped and caught Rainbow. "Gotcha!"

She flew down and laid Rainbow down in the grassy field. "Rainbow, are you okay?"

She didn't respond.

"Rainbow?"

Nothing.

Then, the remaining Elements of Harmony ran up to Twilight and Rainbow.

"Twi, what in tarnation happened here?"

"She isn't waking up."

"Well, darling, um, you should probably see this. I think I have the solution." said Rarity as she pointed at a red liquid beneath Rainbow's bangs.

Fluttershy's eyes widened at she saw the wound. "WE NEED TO RUSH HER TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!!!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They all sat in silence as they waited for the nurse or doctor to tell them the news. A few moments later, Nurse Redheart walked out of the room, grabbing Rainbow's friends' attention.

"Well, to let you stop waiting, Ms. Rainbow Dash will make it. Her wounds, however, were quite severe, but can be healed. The wound on her forehead was most likely caused by a branch that could've easily gotten her without anypony noticing. We also found a few wounds on her wings, which has grounded her for about two weeks, and her right hoof has some wounds, but could easily be solved with a band-aid. She'll have to stay in the hospital for about three or four days for safety. Afterwards, I suggest a family member or a loved one should take care of her until she is able to take care of herself."

"Is she going to be okay?!" yelled Paint as she zipped into the hospital waiting room, with Blue Streak and Electric Shock behind her.

Pinkie nodded. "Yep! Nurse Redheart says that Dashie can leave the hospital in three or four days!"

Paint sighed in relief. "Oh, thank Celestia!"

"But..."

Paint's eyes widened. "uh uh uh wh-wh-what what what do you mean 'but'?"

"Due to the wound on her forehead, she is in an unconscious state, but should wake up most likely tomorrow. You all can stay here overnight in case she wakes up before hoof."

And with that Nurse Redheart left, leaving the Mane 6, Blue Streak, Electric Shock, and Paint Splash waiting. And hours they waited, yet no sign of Rainbow waking up. Soon after many hours of waiting, one by one each pony in that room fell asleep, all hoping for Rainbow to wake up.

Author's Note:

Really quick, just in case, if you lost anyone who committed suicide and this in some way offended you or made you a little uncomfortable in any way, I truly didn't mean to, and I'm sorry if any of you were uncomfortable while reading this.

Anyway, I'm back to writing! finally got something working out, and I had non stop plans for this story! :pinkiehappy: Also, I will also happily announce that this series will have thirteen stories including this one and What Happened to Them. Yeah, I got this entire series basically planned out! :rainbowlaugh: Well, it's nice to be back writing!