• Published 5th May 2015
  • 1,186 Views, 7 Comments

Dashie and.... Splashie? - Sapphire Harmony



Rainbow Dash meets a certain, unexpected pony. Her own twin sister. Now, problems will arise, rumors will pass, and everything Rainbow knew about her childhood will change forever.

  • ...
0
 7
 1,186

Chapter 2- Meetings Come With Questions

Rainbow waited impatiently. Any minute now her life would change forever. She wanted to believe that Pinkie just saw something that wasn't there, that this whole thing was fake. But as she doubted the whole idea of having a twin, she also believed it, for when she was just a filly and begged for a little sister or brother to hang out with, her parents would always change the subject.

Her thoughts stopped when she heard a quiet voice talking to her. "Um, Rainbow? If you don't mind me asking, what do you think your sister will be like? You can take your time, if you want that is." Rainbow looked at Fluttershy, than gazed at the floor. She never actually thought abou this. "I guess she, she would be cool. She sounds like someone who likes to paint and all that artsy stuff." She shrugged.

"What if she was the opposite of Rainbow Dash? Think about it, since Rainbow Dash is the tomboy twin, I wouldn't be surprised if she was, I mean this in a nice way, a lady." Said Rarity. Rainbow's ears folded back. She doesn't want to deal with ANOTHER mare who is into fashion, let alone her sister. Spike walked in the room where the others were and overheard some of the conservation.

"Don't worry, Rainbow. I'm sure you two will be best friends, regardless if you two were the same or polar opposites!" "He's got a point, Sugarcube. Try not to look at what she likes, and look at if she has that good heart you have." Applejack said. This made Rainbow felt a lot better. It was nice, no, AWESOME to have the girls as her friends. Everyone stopped talking as they heard a noise.



The door opened.



And there stood Pinkie Pie with the biggest smile ever made, and a shy pegasus, that looked JUST like how Pinkie described her, stood behind her.

"Everypony, meet Paint Splash!" Pinkie announced. Rainbow gulped. Pinkie was right, there was a mare named Paint Spalsh that looked exactly like Rainbow. Twilight nudged Rainbow with her wing. "Come on, say hi. I didn't know you were the shy one."

Rainbow rolled her eyes playfully as she took a deep breath and walked up to the new mare. "Um, hi, Paint Splash. It's me, Rainbow Dash."

As soon as Paint heard Rainbow's voice, she perked her head up and had just as a big smile as Pinkie plastered on her face. "Oh my Celestia! I found you! You don't know how many cities and towns I visited, how many ponies I questioned! I'm so glad after all these years of being separated, you're standing right here in front of me!" She pulled Rainbow into a hug.

Rainbow froze in the hug. She gave the hug back to Paint. "Now that we got that out of the way, I'm pretty sure we both have questions that need answering."

"Right."

Twilight thought for a moment before speaking. "You two sure do have many questions, so how about you guys go fly around Ponyville, get to know one another." They both nodded with agreement as they flew off.

"Do you think they will get along?" Asked Fluttershy. Twilight smiled as she looked at the two silhouettes shaped as pegasi fly off. "I'm sure of it."

-----------
"So, I need to know, why were we separated? I mean, why did our parents not want to tell me?" Rainbow asked as they sat on a cloud.

"It's actually pretty scary, you sure you want to hear it?" Paint asked.

"Of course!"

"Okay, well it started out as a normal day. We were just fillies flying around, playing, having as much fun as two sisters can have. Then we decided to have a race. Not just a normal race, but with obstacles, hard ones for any filly or colt to accomplish. I was about to win and you, being your competitive self, sped up and hit an obstacle. One that made your wing bend in wrong places. I heard you scream and turned to see you falling to your death, straight to the Everfree Forest. I rushed to save you, but just as I was about to get your hoof, you hit a tree with your head, and you were knocked out instantly." Paint paused to take a breath. Rainbow looked scared, this actually happened. She listened once more as Paint continued.

"I pulled you up to our house with all my might, and told mom what happened. Your head was covered in blood, you looked dead to me. You were rushed to the hospital, and we waited hours and hours to hear from the doctors. Once they came out, they told us that you had gotten amnesia and wouldn't remember ANYTHING! not your name, where you were, everything! It broke my heart, I was a filly, I didn't know how amnesia worked."

Rainbow looked down from the cloud as she processed everything she was just told. "Then, how come I never saw you until today?"

Paint sighed, and looked down from the cloud as well. "I was so scared and upset that you forgot who I was, that I wrote a fake suicidal note saying that I was going to fall in the Everfree Forest, but I ran away, and never looked back. I left to live in Fillydelphia. From then on, they believed I killed myself, and I stayed far from Cloudsdale. Then I heard about the Elements of Harmony, and how you represented Loyalty. I thought it was disloyal to hide myself from you, so I decided to travel Equestria to find you, and to make things right."

"Do mom and dad know you're alive?" Asked Rainbow.

Paint rubbed the back of her neck. "Heh, I guess I forgot to tell them that."

Rainbow then looked away from Paint and saw the night sky. "We should probably head home, even though you have one, my house is much closer. Wanna stay there for the night?" Paint smiled at Rainbow. "That would be beyond awesome!"

Author's Note:

Chapter 2!!!!! :yay: Hope you guys like it, and tell me what you think! :twilightsmile: