• Published 4th May 2015
  • 432 Views, 16 Comments

A Fancy apple - Derec mc coy 2



AppleJack always cared about her friends, family and her apples. Her life seems perfect, but why does she feel empty?

  • ...
0
 16
 432

Chapter 3

I closed the small curtain of the window and leaned back into my seat. I pulled my Stetson hat over my eyes and sighed. “I can’t believe I’m doing this.” I looked under the rim of my hat and scanned the rest of the waggon. I saw three other ponies and one filly, snuggling close to her mom. The soft seats and the shaking of the train lulled me to sleep.

Yesterday, I told Granny I’d go on a holiday. She agreed and said they could handle a couple of days without me. Twilight and Rainbow Dash were so kind when they offered to help at the orchard while I was gone. "Better safe than sorry", they probably thought.

Fluttershy and Rarity insisted on helping me pack, but I told them I could do it on my own. Now I know why they wanted to help... Even though i refused their help, Rarity packed my dress from the Grand Galloping Gala. It was a ‘must’ in her eyes.

Pinkie Pie threw a party for me and insisted that i write her letters. I suppose i should keep them to a daily minimum... I don’t want her to go nuts like back then when Rainbow Dash went to the Wonderbold Academy. Pinkie was practically married to her mailbox!

The girls and i trotted over to the train station. We waved each other goodbye while the train took off. I still can’t believe Rarity convinced me to go... "Next stop, Phillydelphia!” the conductor yelled. He turned around and left towards the next wagon. I heard him yelling again.

I woke up with a shock and looked around, slightly confused. I pushed my hat back on my head and stretched my hoofs. “Finally” I mumbled. I stood up and looked around again. There were a few more ponies in here than there were when I fell asleep. I checked if my luggage was still in the rack above me, and found my big brown suitcase and green saddle bags. I hung my saddlebags on my back and grabbed the suitcase in my mouth, as the other ponies did the same.

I held on as the train stopped with a slight screech. I walked to the exit, together with all the other ponies on the wagon. The door opened slowly with the sound of a whistle sound. I got out first and looked around. On a shiny board against the wall, I read ‘Fillydelphia’ in graceful letters. I took a deep breath, smelling the dirty smell of coal and sweaty passengers, pushing to get out of the crowd.

I held my suitcase tight and tried to find my way out of the busy train station. After some pushes, bumps and apologies, I found myself standing next to the road. I looked up at the sky and saw the sun hanging pretty low, but it looked darker than it should be, seeing most of the sunlight was blocked behind all the tall buildings. I was hungry and tired from the trip, so I decided to get something to eat and check in to a hotel to get some sleep.

I looked around with confusion. I’ve never been in Phillydelphia before, so I took the little map Rarity gave me before I left. I scanned the whole paper and looked up again. “The hotel is just a few blocks away” I thought to myself. “I’m sure I’ll find a restaurant or something along the way.” I put the map away, took my suitcase and walked over the pavement.

As I walked, I saw a lot of well-dressed ponies, talking to each other. But their sound was overwhelmed by the noise of carriages and loud music, coming from the little shops along the way. “Well, I have to agree with Rarity. This is nothing like Ponyville.” I sighed.

After a short walk, I saw a quaint little eatery. As soon as i entered, i heard soft, swinging music all troughout it. There were a few wooden tables with checkered napkins and vintage plates. The whole place reminded me of a mix between a fancy restaurant and a saloon like in Appleloosa. I looked around and saw two couples at a table and three ponies, sitting at the bar. I went over to a table in the corner. I put my suitcase and saddlebags aside and sat down. I took a card and looked for something that sounds good to eat.
After a little while, the waiter came to me with a little notebook. “May I have your order, please?” he asked me politely.

“I think I’ll take the, umm…” I glanced at the paper again. “The apple salad please.”

“And would you like something to drink?” he asked, as he wrote down my order in his notebook using magic.

“Sure,I’d like a glass of cider”, I said.

“Alright. It’ll be ready soon” the waiter smiled, as He levitated his pencil in his pocket and walked away.

I smiled back. “Thank you.” I looked around once more, after which I grabbed my saddlebag. “Almost forgot” I checked if I had enough bits in my bag. After that, I grabbed another paper Rarity gave me. It was a list ofevents that'll take place while I was here. She highlighted the events that I ‘simply must’ be a part of.

“Really?” I said to myself. “A gala?”, as I looked further down the list. “And a banquet? All on my own? How is this in any way relaxing?” Normally, I wouldn’t have a problem with it as long as I’m with friends, but here, I don’t know anypony... “Well, I gues I'll try and make the best of this...”

A little bit later, the waiter came back, levitating a plate and a mug. “Here you go miss.” He placed it on my table. “Have a nice meal” he said, smiling.

I smiled right back at him, putting my paper back in my saddlebag. I quietly ate my salad, all the while thinking about how i should spend my time here. There were some museums and theatres I could visit. I actually like that, so it should be fun. But I’m not exactly looking forward to the gala and the banquet. I wonder if I'll see someone I recognise. I hope I can behave between those fancy ponies, at least.

After a while, I finished my dinner and sipped the last bit of cider from my mug. I called the waiter over, asking for my bill. I grabbed my little pocket with bits and paid him. I also give him a little tip.

I got up, grabbing my suitcase and saddlebags. I was still thinking about the gala and the banquet. I left the eatery and stood on the pavement again. It was pretty dark now. The sun was deep orange and the streetlights were burning already. I sighed and went to my hotel. I should really get some sleep now.

Author's Note:

This chapter us edited by the Bosnian Brony. A great friend of mine.

Sorry it took so long. Due to personal problems and health problems.

Next chapter will be here in... I don't know. Depends. I'll do my best to get it ready within a month. So sorry