• Published 4th May 2015
  • 430 Views, 16 Comments

A Fancy apple - Derec mc coy 2



AppleJack always cared about her friends, family and her apples. Her life seems perfect, but why does she feel empty?

  • ...
0
 16
 430

Chapter 4

The wooden door creaked eerily as I entered the hotel. The whole lobby had a vintage style to it. I gazed around to take in the room. Almost the entire floor was covered in a carmine coloured carpet with gold stitched patterns on it. A double wooden stairs filled the back wall with an over-sized dark-wooded counter in front of it. The walls were painted soft white and decorated with colourfull posters of nearby sights and events. From the ceiling hung an iron chandelier with lit candles, giving the room a warm flickering light in this evenings darkness.

I placed my suitcase near an old looking bench, which, oddly enough, reminded me of the train seats. I looked around and saw that I was the only pony in the room, except for the young mare behind the counter.

"Welcome to the Flying Chariot" she said with a smile. "How can I help you" she had a soft blue coat and yellow ocher manes, tied tightly in a ponytail.

"Oh, euhm. Yes miss" I mumbled. I walked up to the counter to greet her with a smile. "Ah was hopin' there was still a room available. My friend recommended me this place" I rubbed my left eye quickly and tried to fight back a yawn.

"I'm happy to hear that" she said. She opened up a book an gazed over it quickly. "For how long would you like to stay?" she asked me.

"I'm not entirely sure myself" I replied. "About a week?" I frankly didn't know how long I should stay. I started to think about the conversations I had with Rarity about my holiday. I want to stay just long enough to be not overworked anymore. But all the advice and tips made me even more worked up than my actual farm work.

"Euhm? Miss?" the lady behind the counter asked.

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh, yes? Sorry."

"A room for one?" she asked me.

"Yes" I sighed. "It's just me"

"Alright" the lobbyist took a quill in her hoof "What's your name miss?"

"Applejack"

"Okay Applejack" she wrote my name in that book. "I'll write in a week, but since it not high season yet, you can extend your stay as long as you'd like. Just let us know up front"

I nodded "sure thing miss"

"It'll be fifteen bits per night. You can join the breakfast buffet, in the restaurant" She pointed towards a closed double door. I suppose the restaurant is behind those doors. There was a nice sign which read Breakfast 6-11 "And because you stay here, it'll be cheaper and only five bits."

I nodded again. I Just want to get to my room already.

She grabbed a key from a rack behind her and placed it on the counter "Your room is on the first floor. Up the stairs and directly to your left. Room 104"

"Thanks miss" I replied. I grabbed the key and placed it in my saddlebags for a moment.

"You're welcome" she smiled. "If there are any questions, please come to the front desk and we'll do our best to help."

"Thank you" I said again. I turned around to grab my suitcase. Even tho I didn't do much, my body ached like I did an entire day of field work. Maybe I should have eased down on the cider.

"Have a nice evening" I heard her say.

"You too" I took my luggage in my nuzzle and trotted upstairs. Sweet sweet bedroom, here I come.

I entered my room and threw my saddlebags on the ground. "Well. this certainly is somethin alright" I mumbled to myself. The room wasn't anything special. but the bed itself was way bigger than what I anticipated. "This is for one pony?" I asked myself? "I wonder what a bed for two ponies looks like around here." without looking around, I swiftly jumped on the bed and sunk deep in the fluffy mattress. There was enough space to have my legs spread out and have my dog Winona next to me. Something I couldn't do in my own tiny bed.

I took a deep breath. "Might as well try enjoy my stay here" I sighed. I placed my stetson hat on the night stand, pulled up the blanket and tossed until I felt comfortable.

I closed my eyes, but my mind filled up with bits and pieces of the last few days. I didn't do anything out of ordinary. I didn't do extra chores. If anything, I did less. There is no reason to feel tired. Big Mac should be here instead. He's the one who deserves some rest.

I got out of bed and looked around. I opened a door, right next to the entrance and found a bathroom. It was rather small, but large enough to hold a bathtub and a proper sink with a cabinet underneath. I explored the cabinets and found myself a towel. The faucet of the sink creaked a little when I opened it. I held my head under the cold running water for a solid minute before turning it off. Leaving me standing there with my manes soaking wet.

"You still lookin pretty tired" I said to my refection in the mirror. "From what?" I sighed, knowing full well I wouldn't get a response. I dried my manes with the towel and walked back up to my bed.

It was then that I noticed that I didn't sleep well for the past few days. Maybe weeks. I let my thoughts run wild. Thinking about everyone and everything close to me. About its purpose. Would everything slip away if I didn't attend to it? Is it worth to give everything my complete focus? I always did my best, so why stop? Am I supposed to question everything now, even tho I accepted everything before? I suddenly felt bad for for leaving town on such a short notice.

I sighed. "I shouldn't have talked about it with Rarity." I turned around once more. I should have just stayed home.

I was in for a long and sleepless night.

Author's Note:

As I said in the description, It's been 5 years since I posted chapter 3. So, I feel like I lost a bit of the idea and feel I was aiming for back then. But, at the same time, I don't want to rewrite the previous chapters for sentimental reasons, nor do I want this chapter to be a bland copy. I'm continuing this story how I feel about it now, and see where it takes me. A little experiment as if it were.

none the less, thank you for reading. I hope you can still enjoy this little flick for what it is. I'd love to hear any comments or feedback you have. Have a nice day everyone.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment