• Published 15th May 2012
  • 1,725 Views, 70 Comments

The One - Kolective



A human one day comes crashing to the earth like a meteor, right near the town of Ponyville. All he remembers is his name, and starts to...

  • ...
4
 70
 1,725

Chapter 4

"You know, it took a lot of work to plan this party, I was going to make a really fancy party for them, then I kinda wanted to make something active and fun, then I thought about the main color of the party, but then--" I placed my hand over Pinkie's mouth. If planning a party with her meant a constant minigun of word after word hitting my ears, I would go insane first. It was simply a blur of words.

"Pinkie, please, can I have a little more understandable words? Please?" She had a face that looked a little apologetic, but immediately perked up again. "I'm sorry. Anyway, we need to start by setting up streamers, getting a cake, a congratulations banner, catering, supplies, a position for my party cannon..." The list just went on and on. I knew in the back of my mind, that this was going to be a very long day.

--

I arrived at Sweet Apple Acres. This was actually my first time, and I had to ask Rainbow Dash for some directions. That didn't work in particular. We ended up going to the acres together, Rainbow guiding me. We arrived to a greeting from Applejack. "Hey ya'll! What might be Rainbow doin' wit ya today?"

"Well, I decided to help Braine get here, seeing has he hasn't been here before. So what are you two going to get done for today?" Rainbow replied, ruffling her feathers, getting ready to go flying again. "Well, we ain't gotten to the apple pickin yet, so I wanted to get him to help us do that. We're payin him, so you can't say it's unfair work. Would you like to help too?" Applejack said it all with a smile, and I nodded in agreement. It was the first work I had gotten here, not wanting to be a money burden to Fluttershy.

"Okay, okay, I guess I will," Rainbow said, immediately relieved it wasn't just us two. It was just us three. Better than just me, I suppose. I immediately checked around for the orchards, seeing hundreds upon hundreds of trees. Wow. This is going to be a really long day.

It was just me and Rainbow. "So, what impressive moves do you have for me today?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. "Yeah, I'm gonna show you plenty!" She suddenly soared into the air, doing loop-de-loops, figures 8's, all sorts of things. Then, she went straight up, and went for a straight dive. I had no idea what she was going to pull with that, but I saw her- Saw her impact. Whatever the trick, she had failed. I ran to help her, knowing she was hurt.