• Published 15th May 2012
  • 1,725 Views, 70 Comments

The One - Kolective



A human one day comes crashing to the earth like a meteor, right near the town of Ponyville. All he remembers is his name, and starts to...

  • ...
4
 70
 1,725

Chapter 18

"It's... Too dark. I don't like it here at all..." I heard Applejack say. That was kind of expected for at least one of us to say.

"Oh, it's too dark? Let's change that!" Pinkie yelled, trying to keep up morale or something, but it wasn't really working. "Pinkie, settle down! You're going to attract... whatever is in here." Twilight said quietly, and Pinkie whimpered a little and got quiet. I repeatedly heard random growls from the nearby areas, but I decided to try and ignore it. We walked along a small dirt path, when suddenly, along the path, what looked to be ghostly lanterns lit up around us. "That's... creepy," I said a little mundanely. "You aren't scared, are ya Blaine?" Rainbow chattered behind me. "Oh, don't think that for a second!" I replied.

We approached what seemed to be the end of the path, when we saw something big.
"It appears to be the entrance to a large civilization. But underground? With all that dust? I can't even imagine how dirty they get." Rarity said. "If it is the entrance to a ruin of some sort, we need to go in. We need to keep a few people outside just in case we.... Don't come back. I'm assigning Applejack, Pinkie with the Party Cannon, and Trixie to the job. I can rely on you three. 8 hours is the limit. Beyond that, you head back and report as if we have been defeated. Okay?"

"Okay." The three replied. "I'll be taking Twilight, Derpy, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash in with me. Ready to go? We may never come out again." "Yup. I know. We're ready! Let's go!" Rainbow said. We all ran into the ruins.

----

I wouldn't say it was dark, because it had an unnatural lighting to it on the inside. However, no clear light source could be found. It was odd. I expected this place to be a lot more black, but most of it was a grey fainted purple. It was... odd. I could feel a large evil presence. We went through a long hallway and into a large cubed room. "Am I the only one that sees that the walls are ALIVE?!" Derpy yelled, and I looked around. It was true. They were in fact alive. One of the distant doors, which had small lights on the center, not large enough to generate all the light, however, opened, we saw a group of black and cyan humanoid figures with blades for arms walk in and approach. "Guys, get ready to fight!"

I swung forward with the dimension swords, to be blocked by three of them at once, and easily flung back. "Rarity!" I yelled, and jumped back, throwing a mist of tiny blades into the air, where Rarity used the blades with her magic and spun them in a vortex around the group, moving them inwards, and shredding whatever they were. Until another group came in. She flung them again, while something else came in. It looked like a bony figure, with a small line of vibrantly colored fluid, primarily green, cyan, and purple flowing through each bone. On it's left arm, it had a hollowed out circular shield on it, with what looked to be five spikes moving off of it. On the other, an energy saber. This would be a hard battle.

"Thats... I've seen that before! In a book! It's a.... What is it... Delsaber! A Delsaber! We can't win...." Twilight yelled, and I wondered about the last part. It took a large leap into the air, straight at me, and I blocked, obviously having my sword's strength being enhanced by Twilight's magic. If not, that would have killed me. She gave me a large strength boost with her magic and went off to help Rarity. I lunged at the Delsaber, and it blocked with it's shield, my sword going through the shield, and a swung with the other, it being easily deflected by it's saber. It used it's shield and threw me into the air, jumping up at me to slice me to ribbons. I was dead... Or so I thought. Rainbow used her speed to lunge into the Delsaber and knock it off course, sending it into the pack of other creatures, which I called Dimenians at that point, where it should have gotten shredded by Rarity's blades. From within the blades, it walked out, perfectly unscathed. It sliced the ground, sending debris into the air, and I immediately had a wall of tiny rocks coming at me. Twilight teleported me out of the way just in time, and I breathed heavily. "We have to retreat!!!" Twilight said. But we couldn't. I swung, with as much force as I could, at the Delsaber, sending a shockwave of electricity at it. It shuddered a little, then came back at me, tackling me, sending me sprawling into the back wall. Then I heard a scream. It was Fluttershy. I looked up slowly... To see the sight of my life.

She was wailing on it. It stood no chance before her wrath, and it was destroyed within moments. It was scary as hell.... The Dimenians were defeated for now, and the Delsaber was gone. "Derpy, go tell the others to bring reinforcements for Celestia's palace tomorrow, then come back. We need to end this. Soon." "Okay!" She flew through the hall and up the staircase, back outside, and told the others, where they left. She came back, and we evacuated into a nearby room; Empty and made entirely of iron. We camped there for the night.