• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 2,230 Views, 62 Comments

NOT Doing Hurtful Things To Your Waifu - The Derpy Doctor



Based in the meme, this story is a collection of small plots. A character, having been broken up from another pony, comes to you in search for somepony to love.

  • ...
8
 62
 2,230

Luna

You are an earth pony of the royal guard.

Dear sister,

I find great hardships being princess under my conditions. How can I rule Equestria when I have not been around for a thousand years? I am incapable of understanding the subject’s needs especially when I left the way that I did. How can I rule beside one of the greatest rulers ever known when I am as tyrannous as I am and as power-hungry as any mare would expect me to be? I am not meant to live up to your potential and mine has sunk far below yours once I became somepony else.
I’m sorry, sister, but I can’t live this way. I hope you understand, but I’m not going to be a princess. I will live forever under my own exile. “Let nopony get hurt, help yourself last.” as mother would say. And never will I know love like you.

-Sincerely,
Luna

Luna looked over her letter. She wondered if she had made it clear that she was banishing herself from Equestria while at the same time, cursing herself for her deeds.

It was her fault. She had done something wrong and hurt everypony. Now she had nopony to blame but herself and she believed it. It had to be her, why else did he leave?

Luna traced her hoof over the bruise on her face at the thought of him leaving. Tears came to her eyes.

“It was me,” she said out loud, “I just don’t know what I did.”

She looked over into her mirror. The bruise welled in a large lump below her eye, but didn’t hurt. There was a pain somewhere else on her body that hurt far beyond that.

There was a knock on the door and the princess turned to meet it.

“Who is it?” responded the princess to your knock.

“I heard voices,” you resume, “Are you okay?”

“I’m… I’m fine!” her words seemed more depressed than she probably meant them to.

“I… Princess Luna, are you sure? I’m required as a guard to…”

Luna opened the door to her room slowly. She knew the protocol. Members of the royal guard have to check on their princess when they hear something out of the ordinary (that noise being Luna talking to herself).

Luna sat on her bed, uttering nothing.

“Clean, subject?” she asked, sweetly.

“Yes.” You discover the room completely untouched. Luna’s hair distracts you for a moment as you gaze around the room. Its length and color was mesmerizing and you kept staring.

The princess gave a short cough expressing that you should carry on. Instead though, the princess draws your attention to her face, still beautiful regardless of the swelling, bulbous bruise that welled beneath her eye.

“What is…”

“It’s fine,” justified the princess.

“No, it’s not,”

“I… I just need some sleep,” the princess distracted.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m fine,” she insisted.

“You’re not, are you?”

“Fine, does it please you to know that my coltfriend broke up with me and…”

Luna’s face turned from mild to upset and then suddenly broke. Her face fell in her hooves

“...And I need to be loved. I’ve never been hurt like this. Won’t somepony please tell me what I did wrong?”

You stare at your princess. Her face is pressed deeply into her hooves as if deciphering a secret message hidden in them.

She looks beautiful, there is no doubt about it and you just about break inside as your princess weeps into her hooves.

“Nothing,” you say, “there’s nothing you could possibly have done to drive him away.”

“And how though, I’ve been grudging against ponies ever since I was banished 1000 years ago and I’m as bad then as I am now.”

Her voice quivers in her hooves.

“No, you’re not, I know you. You would never hurt anypony.”

Luna finally brought her head out of her hooves.

“But what if I do?” Her expression finally changed from upset to concern.

“I’ll…”

You pause. You couldn’t do anything to help.

“Exactly,” Luna pressed, “I’d hurt you and many others.”

You stare into her eyes for the remainder of her speech before she plops down again onto her bed. You again pause and try to help yourself to tell her your thoughts.

“I’ll still be here, though,” you speak up.

“What?” Luna asks calmly.

“I’d still stand by you even if you did,” you respond hopefully.

“Why?” Luna asked, her gaze upon you. Tears again began from her eyes.

“I just want to be with you…” you tell half truth.

“You...You do?” Luna begins to speak sceptically, “Why?”

That was the hard question. Of all the questions, how could you tell your princess the truth when It was all but clear visa-versa.

“It’s because I… I…”

You stare at the floor now, unsure of how to say it. Eventually, the news burns you up inside and you look into Luna’s eyes. Each eye was filled with something that reached out to him for his words as if pulling them from his mouth. The tears on the edge of her gaze forced you forward and you finally spoke.

“I love you, Luna.”

It was too late to take back the words. It was too late for her to no longer know what you did and have withheld from her for the longest time.

Luna let one tear drop over her hurt eye before telling you that you mean the same to her.

“I love you too,” she spoke as a smile returned to her face.

You love Luna, there's no doubt about it. She was everything you loved. She was your princess. She was your mare and she loves you all the same. But why? Why does she love you?

She loves you because of you and that's something you'll never have taken.

and it's yours.

Everyone needs love.

Everyone’s love gets returned.

No one is forgotten to me.

Author's Note:

Alright, everyone, please leave a suggestion down below. I have finally established a common-ground mare to do next out of popular vote I'm doing Trixie. Please comment to vote for whomever else you might want and I will write that chapter up. Since no one is commenting on the chapter endings, I will leave them be, but just notify me when you guys don't want them.
Thank you,
The Derpy Doctor.:derpytongue2: