• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 2,231 Views, 62 Comments

NOT Doing Hurtful Things To Your Waifu - The Derpy Doctor



Based in the meme, this story is a collection of small plots. A character, having been broken up from another pony, comes to you in search for somepony to love.

  • ...
8
 62
 2,231

Fluttershy

Author's Note:

You will take many different forms: earth pony, pegasi. Each chapter is based on the premise that the last chapter didn’t happen and the next chapter won’t happen. So, each story is completely unreliant on any other stories. This series is based on the internet meme: doing hurtful things to your waifu. Each chapter is based on the assumption that that character has already undergone, her own “doing hurtful things to your waifu chart” and has had each of those items already happened to her. So, in these stories, you will be the pony to make her feel better. You are the protagonist. You’ll make her feel better. With that having been said, enjoy.
“No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child,”
-Abraham Lincoln.
for my purposes, I’m replacing the word ‘child’ with ‘mare."

Also, for those of you that don't like it, please tell me if the last three lines are weird and need to be taken out.:twilightoops:

You are an earth pony. You spend your day thinking and thinking and thinking. Every second you wonder about what it is that you are going to say to that delightful yellow pony at the animal shelter. Not only was she incredibly nice to you when you first met her, but she was beautiful.

Your legs became wobbly just looking at her and you blushed a very crimson color. The ironic thing was that you couldn’t stop shaking even after she started shaking out her shyness around you. Afterwards, she sent you home to contemplate your decision and it’s been two days.

You would have sworn that you could make this decision in one day, however just thinking about going in to see the mare in buying the pet has taken up more than half your time. You thought hard contemplating the possible things you could say to a mare that was more afraid of you than you were of asking her out.

Eventually, your courage kicks in and you walk out your door to see the mare’s cottage and ask to buy medium dog. Fluttershy’s selection of animals ranged from many types of dogs, but when she gave you all the information she knew about them in one swift introduction, you couldn’t help but just take whatever sized dogs that she had. The medium one seemed the ideal pet for you.

You reach the cottage and gather your strength. “Come on!” you urge yourself, just about sweating, “She’s nice, even if you mess up asking her, she’ll still like you.” You doubt yourself. As you always do, you doubt yourself. You’re not the best at asking mares out, especially when those mares are terrified of you hurting them or being angry at them.

Finally, with a great amount of pressure put into your head to “not think,” you tap on the door. You wait patiently, forgetting everything that you had rehearsed in your mind.

The door is answered.

Your eyes slightly squint at the sight that you see. Standing before you is a white rabbit with eyes that paused on you as if this were something that it would do any day of the week.

“Dawh” you say at the site of the adorable rabbit that had just greeted you. It’s expression suddenly became really unenthusiastic as soon as you spouted the onomatopoeia.

Your thoughts on what to say are suddenly returned to your head and you realise you have insulted the greatly intelligent rabbit in front of you, and it thought of you as a stranger. This could very much cause a relationship flaw between you and the rabbit, thus you and Fluttershy.

You realise that you’ve been standing there staring at the rabbit now (who, by the way, probably thinks you’re an idiot for standing there so long), and is about ready to close the door on you.

You tap the door to keep it open and poke your head in slightly.

“I’d like to adopt a pet, please!” you rush to say.

The rabbit again tries to thrust the door in your face (still probably very upset over your earlier acknowledgement of how cute you think the small thing is).

“No! Let him in!” shouted the mare from behind the door. Sobs suddenly become evident to your ears.

The bunny in front of you slowly opens the door fully to let you see the full scene before you.

The mare that you had talked to days before was laying back, though slowly getting up off of her chair. Her eyes were bloodshot from all of the tears she had streaming from each eye. You immediately have a strong urge to cry as well.

She continues off of the chair and walks towards you. With one hoof, she reaches out for a hoof-shake, the other covers her right eye (Her right, your left).

You gently shake the hoof, and by shake, I mean grab hold of the already quivering hoof.

“Are you okay?” You ask, with your voice shaky in declaring the question that you’ve already answered upon gazing at her.

She sighed and held back several tears as she stared vividly into your eyes. “No,” a great squeak formed as she spoke, putting extra emphasis on the “O” in her response.

“Okay,” You say calmly, “Let’s just sit down for a second, then.”

You walk over to the couch across from where Fluttershy was just sitting. Her hoof covers the majority of her face, but you decide to help the poor mare get out of her severely saddened state.

“What [sob] dog was it that you were interested in?” She managed between tears.

“That’s okay. We don’t have to talk about that right now, I can see you’re having a rough time,” your observations stun you. Did you really just give her the perfect “captain obvious” line?

There’s a long pause before the mare you recently spoke to finally speaks back.

“Thank you,” She answered. Her face was now completely covered by her hooves.

You only came here to ask the mare out on a date while you adopted your first pet, but instead you found yourself being the support to her in this time of unknown need. After about five minutes, the mare finally calms down from her low and takes one hoof away from her one eye.

“Are you okay now?” you ask her.

“I’m fine,” she says, before sniffling. “So… Are you still interested in that dog?” She asked with a bit of desperation in her voice.

“I am,” comes your response with great enthusiasm. It seemed at this point if you were to make her smile enough to be in a somewhat happy mood, you could more than easily invite her on the date that you so planned on asking her out on.

“Okay then,” she says, depressed, “right this way.”

It seemed odd to you that she would let you into her house at the time she did considering the terrible condition she was in. After sitting with her on the couch for a while, you come to the conclusion that she just really wanted one of her animals to be sent to a loving home. After meeting you for the first time, she knew that she could get you to adopt a dog. Hopefully you would save one of her pets that so desperately needed saving. The way she spoke to you before only confirmed your theory.

“We have three options over here for you to choose from,” explains the mare beside you.

She guides you out the back door to a plethora of animals. The chances were that she should have more than just three medium-sized dogs, but she seemed to have specialised in less-common animals. Her variety even included the rare: hedgehog, echidna, and falcon.

Before taking you very far into her own backyard, Fluttershy turns sharp to let you see the few dogs that she had lined up for you to see.

Each dog seemed to have some sort of disorder, but Fluttershy gives each of them a chance.

“Rutherford,” says Fluttershy, gently to the dog in front of her. The dog stood nearly at knee height, but walked forward with its tail between its legs. Its face barely hinted towards you, but stared almost unmoved at Fluttershy. Finally, the wallowing creature found itself at Fluttershy’s hooves and sat itself slowly to the ground.

Fluttershy blushed, realising that the dog’s shy movements could be considered a let-down for the dog, preventing it from seeming a desirable pet.

“This is… Rutherford,” Fluttershy managed, keeping her face from looking entirely into yours, only showing her one left eye at one time. “He’s gentle, and… He’s a great bedside companion...” Fluttershy’s emotions almost returned to her before she called all the other dogs up.

“Mutt, Jingle?” She called. The other two dogs showed up. One of them was small and white with a black spot over its left eye, which forced you to immediately assume it was the one named Jingle. The other one, was mostly brown with flakes of all sorts of colors meshed all over it. Each of them seemed quite fit to their names.

Fluttershy introduced each of them to you just as you would have guessed and both of them clamored onto you.

Mutt immediately had his fun with you. He put paws on your bare side and knocked you aside, to bring you to the ground in one swift movement. The other started towards you, but stopped for a minute and coughed and hacked hysterically. You stare at it for a moment as you get up off of the ground that you were so cruelly knocked down to. Jingle hacked for several minutes before finally spitting out a good chunk of some disgusting pile of leaves.

Jingles stares at its work and then looks up to you, playfully.

You almost can’t help but laugh. This encounter with animals that you plan to adopt probably couldn’t have gone any worse.

“Oh, dear,” Fluttershy cried out, “I’m sorry. I-I…” Fluttershy held her face in her hooves and turned away from you.

“I just…” she weeped out, “It’s okay if you don’t want to adopt any of them.”

You admit to yourself that this might not be the greatest display of future pets you’ve ever seen, but something inside you pushed into saying just the opposite of what you thought while eliminating everything that you thinking of at the moment.

“I like them,” You speak up.

Fluttershy paused her weeping to herself and turned to you from the other side she was before facing. Her new angle revealed her black eye.

“What?” She whispered.

“I’ll take all three,” you announce, assertively.

“B-but they’re...”

“I know, they’re strange, but when picking a companion that you want to have for the rest of your life, it’s not about what’s wrong with it. Yeah, this one’s clearly sick, that one has a mild problem with being too playful and that one’s uncharacteristically shy, but the things flawed about them just make them more enjoyable to be around.”

You stare into her eyes. You can now see all of her greatly hurt right eye and regret whatever incidence happened to cause her that pain.

'And I love you for your "flaws" too,' Finally you admit your feelings for her. Her eyes start to water with her own tears.
She shies, adorably before giving her response.
“A-and you think I’m...” She pulled herself back and reframed from finishing her statement.
“You’re beautiful,” You tell her.
And she was. There was no doubt that with whatever flaws she had, whatever things that she hated about herself or whatever it was that was bothering her before was part of what made her beautiful.

Everyone has a home.

Everyone deserves love.

Everyone has a place to me.