• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 3,214 Views, 23 Comments

The Dusk Daughter of Hecate - DiscordFan



Twilight Sparkle learns that she is not who she thought to be. And she certainly didn't think her mom was actually her step-mother.

  • ...
6
 23
 3,214

IV: Camp

Twilight Sparkle woke up with an awful headache. It felt like a hammer in her head and was pounding against her skull again and again.

"Ughh... my head," she groaned.

A male voice exclaimed, "Oh, thank Zeus Almighty you're alright!"

Twilight rubbed her eyes, and she opened them groggily.

She was in a wooden... cabin?.. and on a white bed. There were white beds lining the walls along with little side tables. By the door was this yellow pony with a beige mane that had eyes all over him (or at least, Twilight thinks it's a boy). And before her was a gray earth pony with... a black-haired goat's butt? His mane was scruffy and black. He had a goat's tail and barely visible, goat horns. His eyes were a cool, soothing green.

"Thank who," Twilight asked with genuine confusion. She didn't have a clue who Zeus was.

"You know, Zeus! The lightning god," the pony-goat replied.

"God? But gods don't exist." Twilight scrunched her muzzle and squinted her eyes in thought.

"Wh-what? You don't believe? Didn't anybody tell you?"

"No. Nopony told me."

"Whoa! You even speak with pony stuff instead of people stuff!" The goat stallion narrowed his eyes. "You looked like an experienced Half-blood, but you're not. Oh well."

"Half-blood?" Her splitting headache suddenly worsened. "Ughh! Just, please, shut up. My head hurts so much right now!"

"That's an easy fix," the goat stallion laughed. He trotted over to Twilight's side table and picked up a glass full of, what Twilight was to believe, apple juice. He held his hoof with the drink out towards her.

"Apple juice? How's that going to fix a splitting headache?"

The goat stallion laughed. "Just drink it. Try to make it last long. You won't get more until maybe tomorrow."

Twilight raised an eyebrow. Why couldn't she have more? She shrugged it off and levitated to her mouth.

Her eyes widened as she took her first sip. It tasted like, like... like her mother's hot chocolate! But... how could apple juice taste like hot chocolate? Twilight took some more sips.

Mom always did know how to make good hot choco... Wait... isn't she actually my step-mom? Ugh... just don't think about it, Twi, Twilight thought.

"What did it taste like," the goat stallion asked.

"Like my mother's hot choco. I haven't had that since I was a filly... Oh, I'm sorry. Did you want some?"

He laughed. "Yes and no. If I had some, I would burn up!"

"You would what!?" Twilight began breathing quickly. "Am I dying!? Will I burn up, too!? Why did you give me that drink!?"

"Wow... Celestia wasn't kidding when she said you freak out over almost anything."

"I..." Twilight put that sentence through her head again. "Princess Celestia is here? How come?"

"She's one of the counselors. Wow! This tour is gonna be great! I can't wait to show you everything here!"

"Um, where exactly is here?"

"Camp Half-Blood." The goat stallion jumped a little with excitement. "You're gonna be the first one I get to give a tour to! I'm so excited!"

Twilight pondered on everything the goat stallion had said. Then she realized an important fact.

"What's your name," she asked.

"Huh?" The goat stallion face-hoofed. "How did I forget to introduce myself?! I'm Midnight Clover. And you?"

"Twilight Sparkle." She paused. "Should I list my titles, or is my name enough?"

"I don't really care. But what do you titles? Don't you have, like, one like everybody else?"

She sighed. "Nope. I'm am the wielder of the Element of Magic for the Elements of Harmony, savior of Princess Luna and eternal night, vanquisher of chaos, savior of Princess Cadence, assistant with the save of the Crystal Empire, caretaker of Spike the dragon, protege of princess Celestia..." She let out a huff of boredom. "Do I have to list anymore?"

Midnight Clover gulped. "No, no. You're good. That's a lot of titles..." He turned his head towards the eye-covered stallion by the door. "Hey, Argus? Can I take her on tour now?"

Argus, the eye-covered stallion, nodded and blinked some of his eyes.

"Thanks, pal!" Midnight Clover turned back to Twilight. "Wanna see if you can walk," he teased.

"Wait. I have a few questions."

He shrugged. "Shoot."

"Where is Camp Half-Blood located?"

"In a protected clearing within the Everfree Forest."

"What was that drink from before?"

"Necter. The drink of the gods."

"Who are the gods?"

"Well, there are tons of them, but thirteen main gods, the Olympians. Zeus, Posieden, and Hades are known as the Big Three. The rest include Hera, Athena, Ares, Dionysus, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Demeter, Apollo, Artemis, and Hermes. Hades isn't really counted as an Olympian, but he plays such a big role, and I think he should be counted as one."

"What are you?"

"A satyr."

"Last one. You said Necter was the drink of the gods. If that's so, what is the food of the gods, and would that burn you up as well?"

"Ambrosia. And yes, it would burn me up. If you ate or drank too much of either. You burn up as well."

Twilight sighed. "Alright. Take me on the tour."

{*}{*}{*}{*}

Midnight Clover and Twilight Sparkle trotted out of what Midnight had said was the medic center.

"Hey, Midnight," Twilight asked. "How long was I out?"

"Um... I think three days.

"Oh," she said weakly.

"Alright! To begin our tour, we shall go to the lake! Onwards!" He ran off in a direction with Twilight following. He leapt over some tree roots and some animal holes. Twilight did her best to follow, but eventually she gave up, focused on where Midnight was, and teleported.

Midnight Clover jumped in place and brayed, "BLAH-EH-EH-EH!!! Zeus Almighty! Don't scare me like that!!"

"Sorry," Twilight said, rolling her eyes, "but you were going too fast for me."

"You could have asked for me to wait up or slow down instead of almost making me wet Pansy here!"

Twilight blinked. "Who?"

"Oh." Midnight Clover blushed and became very sheepish... or would it be goatish?

Bad, DiscordFan! Figure it out later!

"I should probably explain nymphs and naids. Heheh..." He looked down on the ground on the bed of pansies he was near. "Nymphs and naids are spirits of nature. Nymphs are the spirits of plants and air, but ponies refer to them at wendigos sometimes. They aren't wendigos, thank you very much!" He scowled and flicked his tiny goat tail in agitation. "Naids are water spirits. We're gonna meet some when we get to the lake. But back to Pansy! The bed of pansies that were near is her. And you made me almost pee on her."

Suddenly, a pony-like shape came into being. She was green with purple eyes and a yellow and short, flowy, purple mane and tail.

"I heard somebody say my name," the pony said sleepily with a soft voice. "Hi, Clover. Who's the unicorn?"

"Pansy, this is Twilight Sparkle. Twilight, this is Pansy."

"Nice to-" *yawn* "- meet you." She looked at Midnight. "So what were you talking about?"

"Well, um, Twilight did a teleportation spell and almost made me wet myself on your flower bed." He shot a glare at Twilight. "You better be glad a satyr's bladder is strong!"

Pansy giggled. "See you two later!" She then 'melted' into the bed of pansies.

"Come on," Twilight grumbled. "Let's just go to the lake and start the tour..."

{*}{*}{*}{*}

[ The description of Camp Half-Blood is based off Rick Riordan's description. Enjoy! ]

"So here's the lake and dock. We so canoeing and swimming here. Over there is the volleyball pit..."

Some ponies with simple, orange shirts (like the Winter Wrap Up vests. They're similar to those) were playing at the volleyball pit. A few satyrs were also playing, and all the ponies had these thin, leather necklaces with beads. Suddenly, they all stopped and stared at Twilight. They began whispering to one another.

Twilight's ears wilted. Had she done something something wrong?

"C'mon, Twilight," Midnight Clover said, breaking Twilight's thoughts. "Let's go."

They passed the bathrooms, designed like the ones you find at amusement parks.

"There's the armory. A Hephaestus kid can make you a weapon there. That's the Camp border over there, where that pine tree is, the one with the golden cloth on one of its branches. And finally over here are the cabins!"

They trotted towards the cabins that sprawled out all the place.

"We use to only have twelve cabins, but then minor demigods came in, as well as a Hades kid, so we needed more cabins. I can tell you the Olympian cabins though."

He pointed his hoof towards a regal, marble cabin. "Number One, Zeus." He pointed towards the one beside it. "Number Two, Hera. Number Three, Posieden. Number Four, Demeter. Number Five, Ares. Number Six, Athena. Number Seven, Apollo. Number Eight, Artemis. Number Nine, Hephaestus. Number Ten, Aphrodite. Number Eleven, Hermes. Number Twelve, Dionysus. And Number Thirteen Hades."

Hera's was similar to Zeus,' but it was smaller. Posieden's was sea blue and wafted with the scent of a shoreline. Demeter's was simple but had a roof with grass and flowers on it. Ares was blood red with barbed wire lining the roof. Athena's was simple and white. Apollo's was golden and practically blinded you when you looked at it during the end. Artemis' was similar except silver and shone brighter during the night. Hephaestus' looked like an armory and had steam pumping from a chimney like tube. Aphrodite's was pink and reeked of perfume and hoof polish. Hermes' looked completely normal: run down and almost broken. Dionysus' was normal and had vines growing all over it. Hades' was black with green fire on its torches, and a few fake skulls were on the walls.

Other cabins sprawled on the Camp grounds.

"Which cabin will I go to," asked Twilight.

"Don't know," Midnight Clover simply said. "Oh, hey! There's three of the counselors! C'mon, Twilight."

He ran away towards the three figures. Twilight galloped after him.

When Twilight got there, Midnight was already conversing with a familiar, white alicorn with a sun on her flanks.

"Princess," Twilight exclaimed cheerfully, galloping even faster.

"Hello, Twilight. I'm glad to see you're wake," Celestia said with a friendly smile. She wasn't wearing her regalia so she was as tall as an average pony. Her yellow eyes gleamed with compassion.

"Princess, this is so confusing! Why am I here? What's a half-blood? And I still want to know who my mother is," rambled Twilight.

Celestia let out a chuckle. "Oh, Twilight... First, I would like you to meet the main counselors."

She gestured towards the two figures by her.

The first on was a brown lion on two legs with a scruffy, dark brown mane. He flicked his dark brown, lion tail. Dark brown, bat wings protruded from his back. He was wearing a leather, gold-studded belt and a golden medallion. His eyes shone with wisdom and curiosity and the experience of battle.

The second one was a red and black centaur with a white tail and mane. He had yellow eyes that shone with the same things as the other counselor's did. The bottom of his hoofs were white, and he had black horns on his head.

"Twilight, this is Scorpan..." Celestia gestured toward the brown lion. "... and this is Tirek!" She gestured towards the red and black centaur.

Tirek gave Twilight a genuine smile. "Greetings, young half-blood," he said. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood..."

Then Scorpan spoke up. "... Here we will train you to survive in the world of the Greek gods."

Scorpan's eyes sparked with excitement. "Shall we begin, Twilight Sparkle?"

Author's Note:

Good guy Tirek?! Gasp!

Deal with it. :ajbemused: