• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 3,214 Views, 23 Comments

The Dusk Daughter of Hecate - DiscordFan



Twilight Sparkle learns that she is not who she thought to be. And she certainly didn't think her mom was actually her step-mother.

  • ...
6
 23
 3,214

I: Mistake

A lavender unicorn with a mane of navy and pink and purple was comfortably snuggled up on a couch in her library reading before the time she planned to go to bed. This unicorn is Twilight Sparkle, Bearer of the Element of Magic, studious protege of Princess Celestia, savior from eternal night and everlasting chaos, and probably a bunch of other titles I don't feel like saying.

She was currently being utterly fascinated by the book she levitated. The title was Greek Mage Spells. She had never really been that interested in the... strange beliefs history had, but the magic she could learn drowned out that disinterest.

She muttered, "'The spell Ancestor Sight allows only the most powerful of mages to see their dead ancestors mentally. Greek unicorns use to perform this spell to see if they were related to a god. If the spell showed no mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, etc., then the unicorn was to be believed that he or she had a god's blood.' Interesting..."

Twilight re-read how to cast it. She then thought to encourage herself, I can probably do this complex spell. I've dealt with an Ursa Minor before, so how hard can this be?

After tri-reading the spell and its casting, Twilight Sparkle stood up and charged her horn with energy.

Let's see... I only want to see my parents since I only want to see if I can perform the spell. The book said to think only a generation back, so that's what I'll do.

She closed her eyes and thought back a generation of Sparkles as her horn grew brighter and brighter with pink magic. A drop of sweat ran down her muzzle. She gritted her teeth and squeezed her eyes closed tighter.

Then, a medium, magic bubble of pink formed and floated in front of her. She carefully opened her eyes and saw it. She leaped back as the bubble quaked and glowed. Suddenly, an image of a blue stallion with a carefully styled dark blue mane and yellow eyes appeared in the bubble. His cutie mark were two moons, a big, yellow one and a small, white one.

Night Light. Second eldest male in the Nobles of Sparkle.

Twilight gazed at the bubble with curious eyes waiting for the image of Night Light fade and be replaced by her mother Twilight Velvet, a light gray unicorn with a simple mane of a lighter gray and lavender.

After about fifteen seconds, the bubble popped without showing Twilight Velvet.

Twilight Sparkle's eyes widened upon not seeing her mother.

{*}{*}{*}{*}

Twilight had re-read the spell's description over, and over, and over again, and again, and again.

I had to have made a mistake while casting, she thought to herself.

"Y-yeah," she muttered. "A mistake... somewhere. I have a mother. Yeah, Twilight. Of course you do! You could go to Canterlot now and see her if you wanted to..." She began gently caressing her tail in hope to relieve her worry. Her eye twitched with each stroke, and she was soon rocking herself back and forth on the couch that she had rested on again.

Then a purple dragon with green spikes and eyes and a light green belly walked in while she was still in her... special state.

"Whoa! Twi," Spike exclaimed in worry, "are you okay?" The he face-palmed. "What did Pinkie do this time?"

Twilight released a weak laugh. "N-nothing, Spike. Pinkie didn't do anything."

"Well, then can you tell me what happened?!"

"ICastASpellThatWasSupposeToShowMeMyParentsButItOnlyShowedDaddyAndNotMommyEvenThoughItWasSupposeToShowMommyAnd..." As Twilight continued her ramble, Spike grabbed a quill and some paper and began frantically writing a letter to Princess Celestia on Twilight's current mental state.

{*}{*}{*}{*}

Celestia heard a pop of magic and a few swirly noises. She looked down at her perfect cake, and she began to mourn over it because its perfection had been ruined by a scroll.

Everypony in Canterlot fell asleep to the sound of a crying princess.

Author's Note:

This story was inspired by Rick Riordan's series Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus. Hope you enjoy the adventure!