• Published 29th Apr 2015
  • 3,214 Views, 23 Comments

The Dusk Daughter of Hecate - DiscordFan



Twilight Sparkle learns that she is not who she thought to be. And she certainly didn't think her mom was actually her step-mother.

  • ...
6
 23
 3,214

II: Truth

When Celestia awoke, she removed the icing-dipped scroll from her former-perfect cake. Somberly, she ate the cake and read the scroll.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Twilight has performed a spell and is freaking out because she made a mistake. I tried to help, but nothing seems to be working. Please, come to Ponyville immediately!

Yours,

Spike

P.S.

She's getting worse by the second.

Celestia stopped chewing and just stared at the paper. One wing-boner later, she charged her horn and disappeared, and as did her regalia.

{*}{*}{*}{*}

Twilight had fallen asleep on the couch and was "sleep-caressing" her tail.

Spike hadn't fallen asleep because he was too worried about Twilight. He squirmed where he was sitting, and his claws were fiddling. He just gazed in deep worry at his caretaker that caressed her own tail in her sleep.

A magical pop later, Spike was now looking at a small, white alicorn with a pink mane fumbling with Princess Celestia's regalia.

"Hey, Spike," she said as she put on the golden slippers. She grew back to her "Normal-Princess" size.

"Hi, Princess," he said with a dry throat. Oh yeah, he hadn't drank anything since his dinner last night.

"Spike," Celestia said, "you can go get a drink." Spike just nodded, stood up, and sleepily walked into the kitchen.

Celestia drifted her gaze towards the currently insane and sleeping, lavender unicorn that was her student.

"Twilight," Celestia said softly as she gently shook her. "Come on, Twilight. You need to wake up now."

Twilight Sparkle continued caressing her tail in her sleep.

Celestia sighed at the thought of what she was about to do.

"Twiliiiight," she whined. "Wake aaa-up... You need to go to Magic Kindergarten." Celestia smirked. Three... Two... And now!

"AHHHH!!!! I CAN'T GO BACK!!!! I CAN'T GO BACK TO MAGIC KINDERGARTEN!!!!! PLEASE!!!! DON'T MAKE MEEEEE!!!!!!!" Twilight began sobbing into her front hooves. "I don't wanna.... I don't wanna..."

Celestia chuckled. "Don't worry, Twilight. You're not going back. I just needed to wake you up," she explained.

"Oh," Twilight said sheepishly. "A-heheh..."

Twilight rose from the couch and stretched. She looked at the princess. "So... Why are you here, Princess?"

"Spike told me of your..." Celestia lifted her right, front hoof to her chin. "... condition."

"Oh, yeah. Um, that... Well, you see... IFoundASpellThatOnlyPowerfulUnicornsCouldDoAndIWantedToSeeIfICouldButSomethingHappenedThatItDidn'tWorkTheWayItWasSupposeToSoIHadAMentalBreakdown." Twilight let out a huff of relief. "That felt good to get out after sleeping on it."

Celestia merely giggled. "It always feels good to get stress off yourself. So what is this spell?"

Twilight charged her horn and levitated over Greek Mage Spells.

"Alright," Celestia said 'grabbing' it with her magic, "what spell on what page, Twilight?"

"Page 26, Ancestor Sight."

Celestia flipped the pages of the book to page 26. She read the description, and her eyes widened to a degree that shouldn't have been possible for any creature. Twilight watched as Celestia's repeated a cycle of back and forth to read the page again and again.

Eventually, Celestia let her magic on the book go and sat down. She closed her eyes, and a few tears leaked out.

"Pr-Princess?" Twilight gazed at her mentor with worried eyes. She sat down and snuggled up to Princess Celestia. "Are you okay, Princess?"

Celestia didn't respond. She just continued weeping silently.

"T-'Tia?"

Celestia's eyes snapped open upon hearing her 'Pet Name.' She turned her head towards Twilight.

"I... Nopony has called me that since Luna left... 1,000 years... ago..." Tears started shedding faster. "Thank you, Twilight." She nuzzled her student. "I needed that."

They stayed like that for a while just snuggling with each other contently, like a young foal would with his or her grandmother.

"Princess," Twilight whispered, "why were crying over the spell?"

Celestia let out a large sigh, clearly displeased with the topic. "Story time, Twilight."

Twilight perked an eyebrow but stayed silent.

"Alright. So-"

"Ah, ah, ah," Twilight said with a playful smile. "How do we begin a story?" She winked.

Celestia giggled. "Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, a lavender unicorn was born, but she was no ordinary filly, for she had been born in a special way and very, very powerful. Her father was a normal unicorn in Canterlot, but her mother wasn't."

"Her mother was very special and very powerful. So powerful that she give up some of her power to have some balance throughout the land. She had four aspects of power: Knowledge, Strength, Illusion, and Magic. She gave some of these powers to four daughters."

Celestia stared kindly yet sadly into Twilight's eyes.

"You and three others."

Twilight Sparkle quickly ran the story through her mind again before whispering slightly fearful, "Who is my mother, and what aspect am I?"

Celestia put her hoof below Twilight's chin and raised her protege's face up to eye contact.

"You, Twilight Sparkle, are the aspect of Knowledge."

Twilight fainted.

I don't know why. I mean, c'mon! It's rather obvious! She's really smart!

Author's Note:

I know what some of you are thinking.

Why aren't any of these chapters more than 1,000 words?

Answer: I'm typing what my heart tells me to. If you don't like it, go cry it into your pillow because I don't want to hear it! :twilightangry2:

:trollestia: Thanks!