• Published 21st Apr 2015
  • 501 Views, 9 Comments

For I am a Guard - StoryBrushes



Storm gets way more excitement then she bargained for when she joined the Guards of the sisters. Watch as Storm learns what it means to be a guard as she reveals secrets about her past and others and how all the disharmony in Equestria was created.

  • ...
2
 9
 501

Chapter 4

Golden rule, never trust psychopaths with heavy objects. Storm was prepared to die. She put her hooves on top of her head and closed her eyes, bracing herself. And...nothing happened. Storm looked up and saw the rusty pony crouching down, green eyes flashing and her pupils more slanted than normal. “Your type makes me sick.” She knocked the chair out of Diamond’s grip and did a jump kick to her face.

“Who do ya think ya are, bug-brain.”

Bug-brain? That’s a new one. Electric Storm watched as Diamond Point ran out of the door, blue and white tail tucked between her legs.

“Um...” Storm stuttered, not sure exactly what to say. “Don’t you think you were a bit harsh?”

The rusty pony tilted her head and looked at her strangely, “Don’ ya think she deserved that?”

“I-Its not that I’m ungrateful, but that was quite harsh.”

The rusty pony sighed, “Ponies are too soft.”

What did she say? She’s quite strange. The rusty pony started to walk away and Storm called out, “Thank you!”

The rusty pony looked back at her, her eyes back to normal.

“Don’ sweat it, kid.”

Electric Storm watched as she ambled to the door and down the hallway, presumedly to where the weapons-smiths all worked, the forge. Storm could still feel the prickle of everypony’s eyes on her but she ignored it. She sat down at the most empty table, a table where only one blue unicorn sat. She ran her hooves down her blond mane nervously when Storm sat down. Storm was enjoying a nice snack of apples, straight from the apple family business since they were the best around, even in Canterlot. They had been increasingly famous ever since...well ever since one of them became one of the Elements of Harmony. Nobles always want to please the princess so pleasing the friends of her personal student seemed like a smart thing to do. Of course, Storm always rolled her eyes at them, it was pointless anyway. And having met Princess Celestia, she now believed that it was even more pointless

Eventually, the small unicorn broke the silence. “U-um...are you really from Tarturus?”

Storm sighed and resisted the urge to roll her eyes, “What do you think?”

“Um...I guess not?”

“Of course not.”

“But then how did you burn a hole the size of the Grand Pony Canyon, use lightning to harm the white earth pony, and summon lightning the size of the sun?”

“I didn’t,” Storm said simply, desperately trying to control herself, “If you go there, you’ll see it's exaggerated.”

“But then how did you form lightning with your hooves?”

Storm was silent for a moment, “I didn’t, that was an exaggeration too. It was from a cloud that was right behind my hoof.” she lied.

“Oh, okay. Then I’ll have to tell everypony it is so they don’t judge you poorly! I-if you’re okay with that.”

“That would be great. Thanks.”

“Y-you’re welcome.” Just then, the break ended. As the blue unicorn got up Storm quickly asked her, “What’s your name?”

The blue pony looked back from the entrance to the room, “I’m Healing Springs.”

“I’m Electric Storm.” They both walked up and then went different ways, Spring going to the Medic Department and Storm going back to the stadium.

When Storm arrived, everypony else was there, even Diamond Point, though she looked a little nervous around her, probably scared that the rusty pony would come back.

Crystal came into the stadium last, “Alright everypony, back to training. Pick a partner and your weapon of choice. Grey pony, Storm, your clouds are over in the corner. Now, GO DO IT!”

Everypony scrambled to find a partner. Storm found it slightly amusing that everypony was too afraid to choose her as a partner. She didn’t find it amusing when there was only one pony left and she had to pick her as a partner but instead opted to try and force herself with another partner. Storm rolled her eyes as Crystal Edge had to quite literally drag her over.

Storm faced the light-green pony and looked at her square in the eye. She could see her pupils dilate in her dark blue eyes. She gathered her storm clouds and started making her storm clouds circle around the pony. She gave a test for the lightning and noticed that it was quite weak. Must be so I don’t hurt anypony. Giving me weak clouds, go figure.

She made something she did in her last fight with Diamond Point, simultaneously firing lightning bolts in a circle so the green pony could not get out. Eventually, she slipped slightly and she managed to escape. The green unicorn lunged at her with the spear and Storm gathered all the clouds to block her and then, all of a sudden all the clouds disappeared. Storm let out a weak bolt of lightning from her hoof that barely did anything and then Storm was hit by the spear.

“Oh, Sweet Celestia, are you okay?”

Storm groaned, “Yeah, I’m okay. It’s a blunted spear for practice after all.”

“I swore I saw a bit of lightning come from your hoof, but I barely felt anything, just a slight tingle. Nothing like those rumours going around.”

“The stories are exaggerated.”

“Yeah, you’re right. I always know all the gossip and the gossip was way worse. I’ll have to start telling everypony that they’re not true. False gossip is terrible.”

“T-thanks. I think I already have another pony doing that in the Medic Department.”

“That’s great!” the green pony smiled, “Then this rumour should die out in a few days. Now, should tell Crystal, I mean, Commander Crystal to get you to the Medic Department.

“Nah.” Storm said, getting up, “I’ll have to continue practicing to get better.”

“Uh...you know that your clouds kind of disappeared.”

“Buck! Now what am I supposed to do?”

“I think you should ask Commander Crystal to ask for more.” the unicorn suggested.

“That’s probably a good idea.”

As Storm got up, the green unicorn looked at her, “What’s your name? If I have to break the rumour, I think it’d be useful to know your name. I’m Cordial Streak.”

“I’m Electric Storm.”

“Nice to meet you, without running for my life.” she added cheekily. Storm walked up to Crystal Edge. As she opened her mouth to speak, Crystal cut her off.

“I saw what happened. However, we have no more storm clouds right now.”

“That’s a shame...wait, you saw what happened and you didn’t offer any help?!”

“If I did you wouldn’t grow to be stronger.”

“That’s a terrible reason!” Storm broke in, her voice getting louder. She saw a few ponies turn to face her direction for a moment.

“Are you defying me rookie?”

Storm lowered her head, “No sir.”

Crystal grumbled, “No respect these days. I’ve been serving the guard for years.” Turning to face her, he spoke, “Since I’m in a better mood then usual, I will let you go to the forges. Her highness has an idea on a weapon suited for you and your...lightning I guess?”

“Did you hear our conversation?”

“Are you saying I eavesdropped?” he growled, slightly ruffled, “No, she just told me of your condition. Just go to the forges, and if you know what’s good for you, try to stay away from that insufferable rusty pony.”

“Actually, I think she saved me from being beat up today.”

Crystal raised his eyebrows but said nothing on that topic, “Well, you better hurry up. You don’t want to make her highness angry.”

“Actually, she’s quite a nice pony. Just because she’s the princess doesn’t mean she doesn’t have feelings too.”

Crystal looked at her as if she was a psychopath as she wandered off to the forges.

Author's Note:

So, not the most interesting chapter but put a bit more character development for Crystal Edge. As you can see, he's an older pony that's served the guard for a long time. And new character, Cordial. She's not going to be as important as the main ponies in the title (the six of them) but she's going to come up by time to time, giving them the juicy bit of gossip they need.