• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 782 Views, 1 Comments

Changeling Society - EvePony



Queen Chrysalis realizes the way she rules the Changelings is not good enough, and seeks out the Equestrian way to rule.

  • ...
2
 1
 782

Chapter Two - Departure and Arrival

Author's Note:

The beginning of this may seem a little slow, but this chapter contains 6 of our favorite ponies, so you should read the whole chapter! :raritywink:

Chrysalis awoke to the sun shining brightly through her bedroom window. Usually, she would groan at this, but today she appreciated the light that woke her. Trotting over to the window, she smiled upon her Changeling army, emerging into the square and tending to their lives.

Chrysalis noted how casual the citizens were, apart from looking mostly all the same. She huffed, rubbed her eyes, and levitated her crown onto her head. Lifting her chin, she walked through the large halls and exited the castle.

Two guards were already standing outside the main exit, bowing their heads to their Queen. She dismissed them, and continued down the wide staircase onto the ground. Many Changelings looked upon their Queen, who usually never left her castle this early. They bowed their heads to her, and she nodded to them all.

"Hello, hello. I am just... going for a stroll. Pay no mind to your Queen" she said, knowing that she wouldn't fit in with the tiny Changelings. Chrysalis was tall, and looked different. She remembered that over in Equestria, ponies were praised for being different, and brushed off her previous thought.

"Queen Chrysalis! What are you doing out here?" a voice called from behind her. Chrysalis turned to face the first Official, going by the name of Stinger. Stinger, who had 4 other officials standing behind him, looked up at the Queen. She looked at him judgementally, but nodded to him.

"I am just walking around, yes it is odd for me to do so, I know. I see you have brought the guards I have requested".

Stinger nodded, closing his eyes. "At your command, we are ready to take on the monarchy. When is your planned annoucement?" he asked.

Chrysalis put a hoof to her chin, pondering the thought. "I think quite shortly. If I want to make the journey as quick as possible like last time, I should leave as quickly as possible" she decided.

The guards saluted, and took off, flying to where the city square was to set up the podium shortly. After walking for a bit more, Chrysalis returned to her castle. She quickly ate breakfast, and readied herself to prepare the departure speech. She paced the halls, her mind aflame with thoughts.

She was interrupted by Stinger, who reported that the square was filled will all citizens and was ready for her. She agreed, and followed Stinger through the hall. Opening the door with his magic, Chrysalis crossed the threshold and looked upon her kingdom.

For once, she was nervous. Never before has she changed her heart this quickly, never before has she been nervous before her subjects. She was afraid to leave them, she wanted to be in control. Despite her feelings, she took a deep breath and began.

"Hello, my Changelings! Today is the day I depart to Equestria. Yes... I do realize my change of heart has shocked you all. But when I- we, were defeated, I realized that love magic is very strong. I had many thoughts about fighting back, even starting war with Equestria. But I realized that my colony was weakened, and it was my fault.

"I never have felt guilt like this, and it changed my heart. As Queen of the Changelings, it is my duty to feed my subjects. We feed off of love; we have love inside of us. We are not only an army, not only a strong power, but a colony. And I realized all I want is the best..." she finished.

The Changelings felt their Queens' regret, and forgave her. For she was the one who feeds them, and tries her hardest to keep them going. Some of the Changelings did not agree, but they could not share their opinion. They knew it would hurt their Queen.

"So, shortly after this, I will be leaving the land. If you wish to see me off, you may. Not all of you have, but as a colony, it is best." she said, before stepping off the podium. Many Changelings stomped their hooves and buzzed loudly for their Queen. Chrysalis flew over her subjects, and landed just outside the crowd.

They walked for a short while, before reaching the edge of the land. below them was a fairly large cliff, and a large stretch of water that seemed to go on into horizon.

"Well, my subjects, I am leaving. I am not sure of when I will return, but I will return with a better life for you. Stinger, and others, please look after my kingdom". She said to the 5 guards that stood closest to her.

They saluted her one last time before she took flight, and leaped off the cliff.

~

Queen Chrysalis was exhausted. She had been flying for at least 3-4 hours now, probably even more; she had lost track very quickly. Her wings were tired, as they were not made for long distance flying.

During this time in the sky, she had a lot of time to think. Thoughts such as, what was she doing? She remembered her past ways,how evil she was and how powerful she felt. She felt invigorated when she terrorized towns and sucked love from beings around Equus. She paused to hover; why should she even be out here? She looked behind her in the direction she was flying, seeing nothing but water. It was too late to turn back now.

Visions of her injured subjects laying on the ground in pain flashed in her mind, and her head snapped forward. She could not turn her back on her subjects now.

She continued flying, her back aching with pain she had never felt before. After a few more minutes of strain, she spotted a lump on the horizon. Her eyes widening, she realized it was an island. She flied faster, racing up to the island. It was small, the smallest she had seen. Perfect for a nights rest.

The sun was beginning to set, the sky was ablaze with a blue-to-orange ombre. She landed on the island, her legs threatening to collapse underneath her. She found a spot under a nice tree, and immediately fell asleep from exhaustion.

The next morning, she awoke with a stiff back. Sighing, she stood up and lit her horn up. Her abdomen was briefly wrapped in a familiar green magic. "A healing spell always does the trick" she said smugly.

Looking out onto the ocean, the sun just rising, she smiled. Never before had she appreciated nature in such a way. Shaking her head, she turned to face the inner part of the small island, spotting a banana tree. She had to compensate for food, as she did not pack any. She was silly to over think such a large detail, but she ate her breakfast regardless.

Taking a moment to breathe, she conjured a map with her magic, and turned to the right direction to take off. "Roughly estimating, it should be a few more hours, maybe two or three" she monologued.

The map disappearing in a poof, and she galloped towards the shore of the island. She took off, ready to fly to Equestria.

~

After the 2 and a half hour flight, she saw a bustling city on the horizon. Breathing a sigh of relief, she recognized the city as Manehattan, a city in Equestria! She had finally made it!

Chrysalis soon realized that she would easily be seen very shortly, and she had to disguise herself as soon as possible. She flew closer to the water, and scouted out the most hidden place. She saw a pier, that nopony was seen to be occupying. It was fairly hidden from the pony public, so she flew as low as possible until she reached the pier.

Quickly landing, her horn lit up and she was engulfed in magic. After the light had faded, Chrysalis looked at her hooves, and to her back.

She had a normal horn, a cutie mark, no wings, and looked to be a normal pony. The spell had once again worked, and she was ready to explore.

Chrysalis reaches the bustling city, seeing ponies all throughout the streets. She had never been in this environment before, where ponies were acting so nonchalantly towards her. She stopped to think about her actions; she needs to get a train to Canterlot! And with that, she trotted to the nearby station.

~

"Twilight, darling! Can't you just get enough of Canterlot culture? The fashion, the lovely activities, the shops, and the food!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Yeah, I love snobby ponies." she replied sarcastically.

"I'd say the food is awesome! Those ponies know how to cook!" Pinkie said loudly. The group laughed, and continued to munch on their lunch.

"Twilight, what did you say the Princess had called you here for?" Fluttershy asked, looking to Twilight.

"Oh, it's just some business with a new spell she wanted to teach me. Y'know, the usual" she said, smiling.

"I think egghead just wants to fill her shell with more yolk!" Rainbow Dash laughed.

"I am not an egghead!" the group laughed again. They grew silent, until Pinkie piped up.

"Wow, who is that?" she pointed to a pony across the street. She was a dark grey, with a green mane. They all squinted their eyes at the pony.

"Hey girls, you don't think that's..." Applejack trailed off.

"Queen Chrysalis!?" Rainbow finished.

"Now girls, we can't be so sure. Yeah, she has the same colors, but it could be just a coincidence. Maybe we should follow her, just in case". Twilight suggested. They all nodded, and set off to follow to odd pony.

After about 45 minutes or so, the group got tired, for they didn't see any odd actions except for a look of cluelessness. "I don't think this pony is a big scary Queen who wants to suck the love out of us" Fluttershy peeped.

The group was interrupted by a familiar, yet clear voice speak.

Seemingly isolated in an alleyway, the odd pony spoke. "Everyone in Canterlot is either kind, or snobby. Maybe that is just the wealthy ponies. I believe I should stay here for a day or two more, but I have no place to sleep..." she trailed off. She patted the ground, "here will have to do for now".

The mane 6 backed away from the alley. "Okay, is it just me, or did that sound like Queen Chrysalis without sounding all bug-like?" Rainbow asked. The girls all nodded.

"Maybe we should tell Princess Celestia about our suspicions" Twilight said, and the girls all agreed. They trotted back to Canterlot castle together, discussing theories on what the heck Queen Chrysalis could be doing here.