• Published 19th Apr 2015
  • 781 Views, 1 Comments

Changeling Society - EvePony



Queen Chrysalis realizes the way she rules the Changelings is not good enough, and seeks out the Equestrian way to rule.

  • ...
2
 1
 781

Chapter One - The Plan

They had been laying there for days. Maybe even weeks. Eruptions of groans and irritated moans echoed every once and a while. As a weakened colony with a weakened Queen, the Changelings had no hope of rekindling their, once powerful, monarchy.

After the explosion of the love spell, the Changelings were blown back to their colony grounds. Their grounds were far from Equestria, north-east of the Equestrian border on a land called The Changeland Dominion.

Many Changelings were scattered throughout Changeland, and an exhausted Queen Chrysalis was slowly making her way through the streets, healing her subjects. Her magic was slightly drained, but under her power-hungry and intimidating shell, she truly cared for her subjects' well-being. She used her magic, still fueled by the love that she drained from Prince Shining Armor and slowly but surely healed her subjects.

While she was walking through the streets, she was constantly reliving her actions. All she wanted was food for her subjects, and the love magic that the Changelings were feeding off of from the nearby lands seemed to be a finite source.

Looking around at her subjects, laying in pain on the ground, a thought struck her. What if she was not a good ruler? Before, the thought of being evil was a good thing. Doing what she must to feed her subjects meant being evil.

But looking around, and comparing her method to the way that the Equestrian society works, she felt a lingering sadness. Yes, she had fed her colony, but she had injured them in the process. The sight nearly made her sick with regret. Alas, she continued to heal the Changelings.

After many, many hours of doing what she can, she ordered her Changeling army to the center of the Changeland city. The Queen, in all her regret, stood on a tall podium above her subjects. She cleared her throat, and began to spoke.

"My... my beloved subjects," murmurs were heard throughout the crowd," as your Queen, I must take full responsibility for what has happened to our colony. I was too sure of our victory; I never second guessed. I was unaware of how strong Princess Mi Amore Cadenza's and Prince Shining Armor's love really was.

"During my stay in Canterlot, I witnessed many interesting interactions between the Princesses and their subjects. It only took me until now to realize how Equestria runs so successfully. They appreciate harmony, and have a system with neighboring lands. I will promise to you now... my citizens... we will adapt a better form of life! You will starve no more!"

There was a silence creeping throughout the crowd. Queen Chrysalis' seemingly enthusiastic demeanor was downgraded to worry. Had she not done the right thing? Was this too much for her subjects?

Suddenly, a mad pounding of hooves and buzz-like cheering sounded throughout the area. She had redeemed her subjects, and she plans to make lives better for them.

Nodding to the 2 officials that stood next to her, they entered her large, impressive castle. The castle was like a nest, with many entrances and exits. There were winding halls and many chambers that contained a lot of different things like libraries, kitchens, chambers, and other things.

Walking through the large halls, they came up to the conference room and entered. Chrysalis kept walking to the lone window on the other side of the room. She sighed, looking down at the last few remaining Changelings exiting the area, most likely returning home. "Is it wrong that I would like to model our society after Equestria?" she asked, turning around.

"Not at all, Queen. We understand you want a better life for us. We acknowledge your attempts to feed us, and we are ever grateful" the other official nodded in agreement.

"But it appears I have not done enough. When I stayed in Canterlot, I was only focused on stealing the love magic and transferring it to the colony. I did not take into real consideration how Equestian society works. Last time I remember, I think we only have geography books, roughly outlining all of Equus."

"Maybe you need to have a first-hoof experience at Equestrian society. Maybe you should really indulge into their way of life" the second official suggested. Chrysalis froze.

"That's excellent!" she spun around. "I have to immerse myself in Equestrian culture! The key to making our life better is to learn from the established working kingdom! You're a genius!" Chrysalis smiled widely, her fangs baring.

The two officials smiled at their Queen and bowed their heads. They began to leave, before Chrysalis stopped them.

"How am I supposed to enter Equestria without being seen? All of Canterlot knows who we are, and knows my face. To the ponies, I am a tall, love-sucking monstress." Chrysalis looked down at her hooves..

The first official was going to comfort their Queen, when the second Changleing burst into a wash of green magic. Chrysalis turned to face a lavender pony, with an indigo mane and purple eyes. Chrysalis gasped as the pony spoke. "You are a Changeling. You can use your shapeshifting magic!" the fake Twilight Sparkle said happily, before changing back into his former Changeling self.

Chrysalis smiled once again. "Of course! I just have to make myself look less Changeling and more... pony" she said before her horn lit up and she transformed into a pony. She looked like Chrysalis, but her hooves were not filled with holes and her horn was that of a regular unicorn. She was an alicorn, looking like Princess Cadence.

"Hmmm... this won't do. Another alicorn would draw so much attention, I would get caught". Chrysalis tried once more, this time tranforming into a regular mare's body form. She was a unicorn, without any holes or any bug-like features that the rest of her colony shared. One of the officials condured a mirror with his magic, and Chryalis gasped as she looked into it.

"This is perfect! I don't think anypony would recognize my color scheme... I can't thank you two enough." she said, turning to face them. At first, they were shocked to see their Queen looking so... puny. But they smiled at her.

"Not a problem, our Queen. We fully understand that you wish to make our lives better".

"Queen Chrysalis, may I ask, what is your plan? And when do you plan to leave?"

Chrysalis transformed back into her tall, former self. "I plan to get to Canterlot as soon as I arrive. Then I will spend a few days exploring the capital. Then, I will travel to all the different places in Equestria, studying all that I can.

"I also plan to speak with the Princesses, though I have to I figure out how I am going to approach that. I need to ask that we set up a system of love magic, so that our population does not starve again. You are aware that many times, we have lost memebers of our colony who have perished because of famine. Never again will that happen, so when I return, I will immediately start rebuilding the monarchy and all will be solved." she finished.

The two offcials nodded in agreement of her plan. "It is foolproof... I hope. I have learned that a plan is never a good one without thought and strategy. It is done, I will announce my plan to the colony tomorrow morning, and my departure shortly after. I will have you two and some more trusted officials to run the monarchy while I am gone. Does that sound good?"

The officials saluted the Queen. "Then you are dismissed. I will see you tomorrow morning". She said, and they exited the castle.

Shortly after, she entered her chamber, slipped off her crown and sat on her large bed. Her mind was running rampant about her adventures yet to come.

As a ruler of a kingdom, Chrysalis is responsible for her citizens. She is to look over them kindly, and make sure they are okay. Princess Celestia, along with Princess Luna, rule over Equestria. They not only raise the sun and moon for Equestria, but they raise the sun and moon for the whole planet, including the Changeland Dominion.

In a sense, everyone was under Celestia and Luna's reign. Princess Cadence now rules over the Crystal Empire, as she has defeated King Sombra. A King and a Queen were now know to Equestria as evil.

King Sombra enslaved thousands of ponies, and Queen Chrysalis took someone's identity in order for her minions to feed. Surely her intentions were not evil, were they? Yes, she realized, she did what she had to do in a cunning, sinister way. Usually she would pride herself on this, but at this point, she feels nothing but regret for what she did.

The only benefit she got was food for her subjects. But now she has the opportunity to revise her whole government, and make it better. Make peace with her fellow kingdoms.

Chrysalis chuckled to herself as she thought about how her "old" self would have reacted to that statement. Lifting the covers with her magic, she saw the moon slip over the horizon and knew it was time to rest, for she had a long day tomorrow.

Author's Note:

This is going to be my first multi-chapter story! I hope you all are excited for the next chapter!