• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 738 Views, 5 Comments

Pinkie's Suprise - Short Stories 2



Does Pinkie have a cousin she hasn't told anypony about?

  • ...
0
 5
 738

Miscomunication

Five minutes later, they arrived at Pinkie's house. "OK, so, I told them to wait for you." Pinkie explained. "They don't know that you know this is a surprise party, so, just pretend to be surprised and roll with the punches."

"Wait, there's going to be punches?" Surprise asked, taking a step back. What type of party punches the mare (or stallion) of honer?

"No, silly. That's just an expression."

"Oh! OK." Surprise said. She'd never heard of that expression before, but, she figured she could try to trust Pinkie, since the mare was throwing her a party in her honer.

They stepped into the darkened house, Surprise and Pinkie both barley holding there excitement in. "Here we are, Surprise! Home sweet home!" Pinkie called, just loud enough for everypony to hear in the house, but not loud enough to be hurt anypony's ears. Nopony popped out, and no lights came on.

Pinkie tried again. "Surprise, were here! At my completely empty house!!! No surprises whatsoever! Except you!" Again, nopony popped out. Pinkie sighed, scooted Surprise outside, closed the door, and turned on the lights. "Why isn't everypony popping out?" Pinkie asked the air.

Nopony responded. This was getting old. "Ok, she's outside, everypony! Come out! Now, please!" Nopony popped out. Pinkie checked the spaces she was positive she saw the ponies hide in before she left. Thats when she realized that nopony was in her house, except her.

"Oh, this isn't good." She mumbled. Surprise knocked on the door. "Is everypony too shy, or something?" She asked. Pinkie rushed over and opened the door just a crack, so her head could pop through.

"No." She said nervously. "W-we just forgot the...the...THE CAKE! Yes, the cake. Ok? Ok. Just stay here and, um, wait a second." She then slammed the door, and looked around nervously. If Surprise tried to make Pinkie have frog weather, who knows what she'd do if nopony was here for the party?!

She glanced around, then darted through the back door. She'd just have to find the ponies that left her house.


Surprise saw Pinkie dart through the back door through the window, and she instantly knew something was up.

Well, she told herself, Pinkie could be getting cake, like she said. I might as well look around.

She opened up the door a peeked inside. The first thing she noticed was a giant yellow and white cake, with purple balloons attached to it. Pinkie needed another cake? Why? This cake seemed perfect enough. She thought.

Oh.

Surprise went to sit back at the door, not willing to think or express what she felt, not willing to cry.