• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 738 Views, 5 Comments

Pinkie's Suprise - Short Stories 2



Does Pinkie have a cousin she hasn't told anypony about?

  • ...
0
 5
 738

Family Complications

"Hi, Fluttershy." Surprise said when she saw the quiet pegasus out in her front yard. Fluttershy waved and went back to feeding her animals. Surprise went to help her.

"So, this is your house?" Surprise asked.

"Yes."

Surprise looked around, noticing the Everfree Forest was close to her cottage. "Do you like the Everfree?"

"N-No." The shy pegasus whispered. "I-I mean, I like it, but, it's not my...my favorite spot here."

"Oh, yeah, I totally get it." Surprise said calmly. "So, what plans do you have for today?"

"Uh, well, Pinkie is having this party at town square, and, uhm..." She paused, suddenly alert. "Darn, I said to much already..."

"Oh, no, it's fine." Surprise said. "Continue." She wanted to see why Pinkie was holding yet another party and didn't invite her to it.

"Uhm, I'm not sure Pinkie would like that..." Fluttershy scrunched up her nose in hesitation. "But...I guess..."


Pinkie opened up the door, just about to go outside to get Fluttershy. Instead, she saw Fluttershy there...along with her cousin.

"Oh, hey, Surprise!" She said. Surprise had an upset look on her face, the look that Pinkie hated more than anything. She didn't get why her cousin looked so upset, she was here for two weeks! Shouldn't she be happy?

"Hey." Surprise said in a scornful tone, turning her head away. "Where's the party?"

Pinkie cringed at the tone she still held. They both had the same cutie marks, except Surprise's was purple. And with some pink hair and body paint, they could pass off as twins. Surprise loved surprise party's. That's how she got her cutie mark. So, why was she acting like a jerk?

"Oh, well, it's not ready yet." She explained. "Fluttershy was supposed to get me some supplies..."

"Sorry, Surprise came over, and I thought, maybe, you could keep her company."

"Oh!" Pinkie said. "Well, I'm kind of busy." The look on her cousin's face threatened to kill her. "But, why don't you go ask Rainbow Dash? Shes probably not busy."

"Yeah, I bet she would be LOYAL enough to invite other family members to a party. Especially if those family members LOVED to PARTY!

Pinkie stared at her, beyond embarrassment, beyond anger, beyond showing appreciation to her cousin.

"MAYBE SOME PONIES FORGET!" She screamed back.

"Maybe we can all just forgive and forget..."

"Maybe some ponies need to remember, instead of getting drunk on fun!"

"You've never invited me to a party!"

"Have so! Check your mailbox!!"

"OK, everypony, lets just calm down now..."

Pinkie went and checked her mailbox. About 20 or so letters came spilling out, all with the same return address. Surprise's return address. Surprise smirked, happy to prove Pinkie wrong.

"Surprise..." Pinkie began. Surprise thought it was an apology. She thought wrong. Pinkie's hair deflated and she turned around, a crazy look in her eye.

Fluttershy had seen that look in Pinkie's eye only once before. "Let's go to Rainbow's." She said, pulling Surprise off the ground towards Rainbow's home.

Pinkie stared after her.

Surprise dosent deserve to live. The voices told her. She tried to ignore it going back into her house and putting her head under her pillow.

Surprise doesn't deserve to live.

Surprise doesn't deserve to live.

Surprise doesn't deserve to live.

"Surprise doesn't deserve to live."

Author's Note:

OK, I know there is TOTAL "Cupcake" references in here.
To avoid horrid comments, I'm just going to give you a tiny spoiler. If you don't want to see it, DO NOT HOVER OVER IT!!
There is ABSOLUTELY NO KILLING in this book! I just did that for suspense/drama. :P
Sorry again for the interruption. :twilightsheepish: :twilightblush: