• Published 9th Apr 2015
  • 1,104 Views, 21 Comments

Bionicle: The Masks of Harmony - Helblade Master



Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Pohatu, and Onua are thrust into a new world. The creatures here are not of Bionicle origin but apparently the Great Mask Makers were once on this world.

  • ...
1
 21
 1,104

Skull Spiders

The sun beat down on a beach on the far end of Okoto where we see the Toa resting after a long journey south. The beach spreads far and is litered with the remains of rocks and old buildings. Only hours ago these ruins were a small town made by outcasts of their cities. Now it was the remains of a long battle with Skull Spiders. Creatures with four legs that attach themselves to the face of whomever they choose, after they remove the mask you posses. They vary in color and are under the influence of their king, The Lord of Skull Spiders. Our heroes also vary in color but they fight for the greater good. They had arrived minutes to late to prevent the village from being destroyed and its people taken away to the home of all Skull Spiders.

Our heroes are called Toa for their ability to control the elements. Tahu is master of fire, Gali is master of water, Lewa is master of jungle, Pohatu is master of stone, Kopaka is master of ice, and Onua is master of earth. Each colored according to their elements. Tahu is red, Gali is blue, Lewa is green, Pohatu is brown, Kopaka is white, and Onua is Black.

Tahu is from the volcanic part of Okoto, while Gali came from the underwater cities of the north, Lewa comes from the jungles, Kopaka comes from the ice villages, while Pohatu and Unoa come from the cities carved in stone. Their job is to protect the island of Okoto from danger.

"So it seems we have failed to save the village and are once again left in the ruins. How long has it been since we actually succeeded in defeating the Skull Spiders," Tahu asked sourly as he kicked a rock across the sand.

"Little is known about the whereabouts of them. Until we have an idea of where to check we can only hope they are not harmed," Gali replied, she was fiddling with her trident in the water.

"Yes brother and sister. We are meant to protect. If we cannot then we are of little use. Please do not toil yourself over matters such as these," Lewa said kindly. Tahu mumbled under his breath before joining Pohatu near a large stone. The noises of the jungle were soothing after a long fight.

"I do not see why we must sit and wait for news. We are this islands protectors and we are failing to protect it. We need to get moving or fail to save more inhabitants of the island," Pohatu said as he broke a piece of wood and threw it onto the water. He then picked up a rock and threw it at the piece of wood floating mere feat away. The wood shattered and a splinters of wood and brown dust flew up from the water.

"And risk the safety of our own? We must travel together to stand against these menaces. They're stealing Okotorans by the dozens but that does not mean we shall not save them. Just because they are gone doesn't mean they are gone forever," Onua said," we must stay aware of these monsters at all costs."

Suddenly the noises of the jungle became quiet and all that could be heard was the crashing of the waves. Tahu jumped to his feet instinctively and grabbed his swords, Gali lifted herself from her sitting position and readied her staff, Kopaka dropped another piece of frozen wood and removed his staff from its resting place, Pohatu scrambled for his boomerangs, while Lewa lept from his stance on a tree and pulled out his swords. Onua grabbed his large shoulder pads and connected them to his staff making a large hammer. They all stood ready and alert for any sign of struggle.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," Lewa said as he felt the wind change. From the north a storm was approaching and would be over them soon. That would mean any creature could easily defeat them.

Without warning the trees began to part as a large spider crawled out of the dense jungle. It hissed at the six of them as smaller spiders crawled out of the jungle and the trees. "Well Tahu looks like we might have a chance to defeat them after all," Pohatu said as he tensed his hands around the bases of his bommerangs. The spiders advanced upon them getting ever so closer. Then they began to pounce and our heroes began to fight them off. Striking left and right at the advancing hordes.

The larger spider began to approach as thunder drowned out the sound of metal striking metal. The winds picked up and our heroes and the large spider fought against the strength of the winds while the smaller ones were blown away. Another roaring sound began as the winds grew stronger yet. Without warning a wall of water crashed down on our heroes as the large spider fled. Tahu caught a glimpse of it before he lost conscience.

Author's Note:

Thank you for clicking on this story. Feel free to read and then comment your opinions about the story. I love to read feedback and I do not mind a bit of criticism.