• Published 9th Apr 2015
  • 1,804 Views, 41 Comments

Baby blues (literally) - splash626



Princess cadence is pregnant! Everyone wants to celebrate but her.

  • ...
4
 41
 1,804

Till night falls.

"I couldn't care less if you throw me to jail!" Snicker Doodle, the town grouch stood behind the steel bars while Princess Cadence watched,
"You can leave me here until my last breathe and I couldn't care less." Shining Armor locked the gate with his enormous keys.

"Serves you right! You don't talk to my wife like that!" as the couple walked away Snicker growled.

"I'll get to you someday just you wait and see!" as Cadence followed her husband up the stairs from the deepest of darkest cells she turned around for one last look at the stallion that told her off, it was almost as if his eyes turned from green to red, it felt like he was trying to be more intimidating than he really was by stomping the cold cement with his hoofs and growling, making all the noise he could, it didn't matter though he got what he deserved. As they reached the top and the essence of sunlight could be seen the guard that had been waiting for them watched as they came out from the dark pit.

"What shall his treatment be?" the guard bowed.

Shining Armor glanced at his wife and Cadence looked at him in confusion, he looked back at the guard "feed him only bread and water unless my wife says otherwise."

"Understood captain!" they both gave a solute and the couple began to head back to the castle.

"Don't you think that's a little, um, harsh" Cadence said as Shining Armor continued on their way, "Okay, so I actually have something to tell you." She felt a little scared, after all she did attempt to hide her pregnancy. "I'm in foal."

"What!? your in foal again?" Shining Armor raised his voice in surprise and Cadence was now truly confused.

"Again, what do you mean again?" he returned the look and frowned at her then suddenly he disappeared and the voice of Discord could be heard from behind, she turned around to find the chaotic beast holding a baby unicorn and they were in what looked like the crystal castle and what would be the baby's room.

"What? don't you remember, you had the baby!" Discord taunted.

"What!? No!" Cadence actually ran through her thoughts and she couldn't remember foaling, never the less she charged at him to get the colt back, if this was really her baby she didn't want discord anywhere near him, they suddenly disappeared as her horn ran through his body and she then found herself in a child's room with an older Twilight and a young Pink alicorn conversing.

"No that's not true and you know that." Twilight spoke with a hoof around the young alicorn's shoulder she then force fully shoved off her hoof and jumped of the bed they sat on, the filly seemed very upset. "May Weather, she loves you."

"If that's true how come she always has you taking care of me and I almost never see her? She never spends time with me, I want a family that loves me!" she covered her eyes and wept then Twilight came to comfort her, it seemed as if they couldn't see Cadence standing in front of them but then Twilight made eye contact.

"I hope your proud of yourself."

"But I-" the filly wept louder and louder, "I'm sorry!" suddenly the whole scene shattered like glass before her and she was in a black obis nothing could be seen, she looked around, "H-Hello? Anybody there?" her voice was low and unsure over the startling images she had just witnessed.

"I see there is obviously something you fear." she turned around and Princess Luna could be seen walking toward her.

"Princess Luna?"

"Yes, I am thee, for I am the Princess of the Night but you already knew that, I haven't known you to have nightmares since I've come back, what is it that troubles you?"

"But you already know what has happened in my dream."

"True however, that isn't what I was asking you."

It was a no brainer when Cadence realized what she was asking, she knew what she was afraid of, "what if they are all right? I can't take care of a foal all my own I won't be able to spend time with him or her for that matter."

"Aren't you forgetting someone?"

"who?"

"Shining Armor? You won't be alone in this even if your both busy, you're both are in this together and are you really going to let Snicker Doodle get you down?"

"Who is that?"

"He's the stallion that told you off in the shop and the one you put to jail in your dreams. One pony or many ponies may say something untrue about you and when you ponder on this lie or hear it for so long you begin to believe it yourself."

"Oh, I never got his name. What do you think I should do? You seem to have a clearer perspective on this than I."

"You should surround yourself with friends that are going to encourage you and help you see the truth, friends that are going to be honest with you even if it is something you don't want to hear so then when they give you encouragement, you know it is the truth. Concerning Snicker Doodle he isn't all that he seems to be, talk with him because revenge isn't the answer, your anger will only boil over to hatred and then you will be no better then he."

"Wait, what do you mean?"

"In due time my niece, I must leave now for the moon must be risen in thy beautiful night." Luna flew upward into the dark obis, "Till night comes you will relive your fears once more until you learn the love of forgiveness for both yourself and Snicker Doodle."

Cadence's ears began to wring but then it suddenly stopped and she found herself in her warm bed again, she opened up the certain and the sun was setting in the horizon, the warm glow made the passing crystal ponies sparkle rainbows. One of the doors creaked open and Spike slowly came into the room unexpectedly.

"Cadence? are you awake?" she stood by the window with the gleaming warm hues shining upon her face, "Oh there you are, there's soup and sandwiches in the kitchen if you like, it's just you haven't ate since you fell asleep so we thought you might be hungry."

"Thank you Spike I'll be there in a minute." Spike kept staring, "Is there something wrong?"

"Well, no, it's just you might want to check yourself in the mirror."

When Spike left she went into the restroom nearby, the mirror depicted her mane in a hot mess and her coat wasn't shimmery like it always is. "Woah, Spike wasn't kidding." she grabbed the brush and began combing stroke by stroke, "He isn't all that he seems." she pondered, everything what Luna told her she wondered about, she didn't understand everything she said but she did know one thing, some of her fears were relieved, maybe she was wrong about reliving them and she also knew she needed to surround herself with friends who will be truthful to her like she said. She also knew another thing, she needed to tell her husband, she wanted too, she put the brush down and did a quick check in the mirror. She felt confident, "I can do this." determination had been declared but then that stallion's face came to mind which made her recoil a little but she pushed the thoughts away, she'll take care of him later but first she must talk to Shining armor.

Author's Note:

I know this part might be a little cliche but i thought it would make a nice edition.