• Published 1st Apr 2015
  • 1,008 Views, 15 Comments

King of Equestria - Neroson40



Wayvern's unique power can tell him about everyone except himself, even if he is Celestia and Luna's Brother.

  • ...
22
 15
 1,008

Apocalypse

Wayvern took Scootaloo and her friends, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, to Cupcake Corner to meet Scootaloo’s cousin.

“You sure you know who the cousin is?” Sweetie Belle asked. “I mean it’s a song, if you knew that song, anypony could.”

“This song is special,” Wayvern said. “None of the words are words we know, they were in another language that doesn’t exist on this planet.”

“How did Scootaloo’s cousin learn it then?” Apple Bloom pointed out.

“I have an idea.” Eventually Rainbow Dash walked into the shop.

“Wayvern?” Dash asked. “You said you found somepony I needed to meet?”

“Yeah,” Wayvern said. “I kept singing the song for a week. Eventually Scootaloo here recognized the song.” Scootaloo and Rainbow kept looking at each other like they fell out of space. Living in the same town as each other and not even knowing that they were cousins. That was a shock that Wayvern could never understand even with the shared memory ability of his. It was around the time of this shock that an implosion rocked the building. All light in the area was shut out. Wayvern rushed outside to see that the sky was black, no sun, moon or stars. He tried using magic to illuminate the surrounding area, but it just got sucked in the direction of the implosion.

“What happened!?” Dash shouted. “There’s no light out here!”

“Shadow!” Wayvern realized. Eventually, the shadows subsided enough for a light source to come towards them.

“I am Oren! Shadow of the Predator World!” The little orb said. Then Wayvern realized that the orb wasn’t the Shadow, it was a lure. Oren was in the shadows behind the lure.

“I take it you’re here for me?” Wayvern stepped closer to the lure. “Evolution! Execution!” the incantation was said but the transformation never happened. Then it hit Wayvern harder than a train. Why would a light based transformation work in a space that has a light particle sucking Shadow in it?

“You know the incantation!” Oren said. “You must be the one I’m looking for!” he felt the creature lung in the shadows, but he couldn’t tell from which direction. When the impact finally did hit, it knocked Wayvern down and pinned him there. The when Wayvern thought he was going to die, he heard something, like a “pop” and a “bang” all in one. The lure fell off the Shadow’s head and released all the light back to the area. The light revealed a fish walking on its fins as if they were legs. Its teeth were long and sharp as icicles, only more stable. It’s sleek, slimy blue body writhed in pain as Wayvern got up.
“Who did that!?” Oren shouted. Then out of the shadows came another human this one holding a sword with a slanted hilt and an opened blade. His rat’s nest style hair was black as coal and his eyes were blue as the sky. He was armored lightly, like a light swordsman, chainmail, red tunic, black jeans. This guy was the one who tore off the lure.

“Dante!” Wayvern shouted as he remembered the name.

“Sorry it took so long to get here, Boss.”

“You got here just in time! Thanks!” Wayvern recited the incantation and drew Hummingbird off his back.

Vulcan joined the fight when Wayvern was knocked out by one of Oren’s shadow blasts seconds after he transformed. Wayvern was only conscious for long enough to see Babylon be summoned by Dante and Vulcan. Then he slipped into the darkness.
He was falling slowly. The ground he eventually reached was a circle of stained glass. The image in it was Twilight, primarily, just in front of Ponyville. But there were other faces in the glass. Wayvern stood up and realized he was still a Reaper. He looked at the glass and saw his reflection; his hair was spiky and had a windswept look to it. His duster coat looked as blue as his equestrian body. Two straps went across his torso downwards from each shoulder. He always felt something heavy on the small of his back, which was probably the Magnet used to hold Hummingbird in place.

“What is this?” Wayvern said. He didn’t expect an answer, but that’s what he got from the depths of his mind.

This is… the Abysmal Trials, it said. You have… a greater power… within you… it’s time you gave it shape. Three lights shined through the Darkness and came closer to the ground that Wayvern was standing on they changed shape to a Pegasus wing, a pony hoof, and a Unicorn’s horn. Wayvern stepped in the middle of these three appendages and waited for instruction. You must decide… what drives… your power. The voice said. The Power of the Winged… the Power of the Magical… or the Power of the Steady.

Wayvern walked up to the wing. The Power of the Winged… incredible speed, a razor feather that could slice a mountain… is this what guides you? Wayvern thought about it… but decided that it wasn’t right. He went to the horn. The power of the Magical… immeasurable wisdom, bones that could move without touch…is this what drives you? Again, Wayvern felt wrong and just walked away. The Power of the Steady… strong will, a body fit to aid the weak… is this what you choose? None of the answers were right for him. He couldn’t choose just one as his motivation. Finally he stepped back into the middle of the glass and announced:

“I can’t choose my one motivation!”

It is over… the voice said. Wayvern expected that he failed. But the voice said something beyond that. You passed the challenge… as a trophy… your power… Apocalypse. The three dream pieces faded and in the place of the wing was a sword with two single edge blades and a spike all on one hilt. It was made of a black metal, and the leather had a silvery glow to it. Wayvern walked over to the sword and reluctantly grabbed it by the hilt. A bright light flashed and he woke up in his room back in Canterlot.