• Published 1st Apr 2015
  • 1,007 Views, 15 Comments

King of Equestria - Neroson40



Wayvern's unique power can tell him about everyone except himself, even if he is Celestia and Luna's Brother.

  • ...
22
 15
 1,007

Harmony

An hour of Speculation later and Wayvern’s Transformer went off. Luna was on the other line when he picked up.

“Wayvern, there’s a Dragon-like creature in the sky and your month is almost up.”

“How long do Twilight and I have?”

“Two hours.”

“Bring Flash Sentry and Twilight’s friends to the mirror, there’s something I need to do for them.” After Luna confirmed that she could do that, he hung up and turned to his friends. “Sorry guys but the contract will have to be Terminated.”

“What contract?” Flash asked.

“The one that give you guys my Shadow Reaper power. You guys are no longer needed.” Silence for a whole minute. Then;

“What are you saying, Wayern!?” Twilight said. “You need us!”

“You’re contract is not being terminated Twilight, but these guys have counterparts in Equestria do they not?”

“Well, yeah, but-”

“Twilight we have less than two hours here, and there’s no way for them to visit Equestria without being born there. I’m terminating their contracts so I can copy their recent memories and give them to your friends and the Equestrian Flash.”

“Is setting up a new contract with our friends really necessary?”

“It’s been tried before and if the Master is not present in the world where the Contracters are it doesn’t work, plus it only works on one version of the Contracters, so no copies can use the power granted to the Contracters.”

“In other words yes, but do you need to cut our power?” Dash asked

“If I’m not here you won’t have power and you’ll die of the danger I deal with daily!”

“I get it…” Flash said. “Thanks for being my friend Wayvern.”

“And thank you for being mine, now I need to make physical contact with each of you for long enough to remember the last month.” They all stuck out their hands and Wayvern touched them each for no more than a second. Then he pulled out his Transformer, selected the Contracts he wanted to delete and erased Applejack’s, Fluttershy’s, Pinkie Pie’s, Rarity’s, Rainbow Dash’s, and Flash Sentry’s. Leaving only Twilight Sparkle’s in his roster. “Thank you all for your cooperation. I’ll never forget this.” Discord came behind them touched Twilight and Wayvern’s shoulders and the bright light came around.

When Wayvern opened his again he was standing in front of familiar faces, yet they were not human. Every one of them was an Equestrian, with the exception of Discord (who the author still wants to call a chimera). One look at the Seventh friendly face and it was confirmed that Flash Sentry was a member of the Royal Guard.

“Where’s the Dragonoid thing?” Wayvern asked. Flash led them out to the balcony and pointed to a small shimmer in the sky, almost like a star. Using the telescope on the balcony, Wayvern could confirm that it was the limbless Dragon flying for Equestria.

“Wayvern, is it-?” Twilight started.

“Yeah… Relius,” Wayvern turned to Discord. “Do you remember the Memory Transfer Spell you created?” he asked.

“Vividly, thanks to you.”

“I need to perform it between me and the six of them-” He pointed to Flash and the girls “-for the past month.”

“You won’t have those memories anymore.”

“I could use a little less memory.” Discord materialized a piece of paper and a pen and wrote down the spell for Wayvern. After memorizing the contents of the sheet, he cast the spell, one by one on the Spirits of Harmony and Flash. Flash looked at Wayvern with something other than loyalty towards a master. It was more like a friendship towards a brother. Wayvern Re-established Contracts with these variants of the Spirits of Harmony.

“Okay, now that we have an idea what that is, how do we deal with it?” Applejack asked.

“We returned the Elements of Harmony to the Tree of Harmony, so we can’t use them…” Rarity said.

“Tree of Harmony?” Wayvern asked. They explained what it was and he asked them to lead him to the Everfree forest and along a way that looked… familiar… it was only when they reached the destination that Wayvern fully remembered what the Tree of Harmony could be. He jumped into the gorge and rushed into the cave to find a giant Crystalline Tree in it with depictions of the moon, the sun and a star on it. The branches all had a gem in the center of the leaf each one resembling one from Wayvern’s dream before he became king. He immediately decided to ignore the tree itself until he deemed it relevant, but he had to see if the stone was still there.
It was. Chiseled with his own magic was what happened to look like a pair of wings and a horn over an arching stone, and written in his own magic was his mother’s name and title.

QUEEN HAMONY

“I knew it…” He said as tears streamed down his face.

“What is it, Your Majesty?” Fluttershy asked. Wayvern showed them the stone and the shock registered quickly.

“This is the cave where I buried my mother’s body after my father became… well, you know.”

“No we don’t,” Pinkie said. “What happened to your father?” Wayvern couldn’t bring himself to tell them. So he focused on the tree. It was definitely the Crystalline that he planted over his mother to make sure she supported something else… then he found a little nook big enough to fit his horn. He placed his horn in the hole, and saw his mother again.

It wasn’t his real mother or even her spirit that he was seeing. What he was looking at was a projection from within the tree itself. She was a silver colored alicorn mare with cerulean mane and a star shaped Cutie Mark. Closer inspection showed that there was a circular piece of gold within the tree. He recognized the locket that his Father gave to his mother for an anniversary present just before Celestia was born. Then he turned to the image.

“Wayvern,” It said. Wayvern wanted to say something to his mother but she kept going. “If you’re watching this message it means I’m gone and that you know the truth about Relius,”

Wayvern was shocked. His mother knew about who he was before he did? How!? When!? Why didn’t she tell him!? “However it is not a future set in stone for you. You can denounce you dark side if you strike down Relius. There are some problems, however. If you want to surely survive it must be with this sword-” a long sword covered in gems appeared in the ground “-but it does not mean that Relius will not come back. If you want Relius to be completely gone you must strike him down with your own sword, but the chances of you surviving are slim even if your connections to this existence are strong. The choice is yours to make, but if you do not make it, you will be Relius no matter what.” The image faded but the sword stayed in place.

Wayvern felt himself transform and he walked over to pick up the sword, Harmonia… knowing that with this the Reapers’ mission will never be complete. He started to form a plan in his head on how to get close to Relius and deal the Final blow… then he got one and pulled Harmonia out of the ground. It was a lot heavier than it looked, about as heavy as Hummingbird, but that wasn’t a problem for Wayvern because he could still lift it as usual. He put the sword on his holster and changed back to his Equestrian form.